March 28, 2024, 02:32:23 PM

Ga Cheerleading Vent

Author Topic: 4A? Crisp County.  (Read 14947 times)

Offline noregrets15

• Reputation Power: 1
  • noregrets15 is new.
4A? Crisp County.
« on: September 21, 2013, 03:34:55 PM »
Crisp County beat Veterans and Mary Persons today. Pleasantly surprised about this one.

Offline gacheer4life

• Reputation Power: 0
  • gacheer4life is new.
Re: 4A? Crisp County.
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2013, 04:49:42 PM »
I heard they looked really good. Do you know scores for all of the 4A teams at this competition?

Offline noregrets15

• noregrets15 is new.
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2013, 05:54:02 PM »
Crisp had a 232. Veterans had a 207. And I believe MP had a 200? All I know is that veterans and MP were really close in score and crisp beat them by about 30 points. Which surprised me because I have known both MP and Veterans to easily beat crisp in the past. Of course there were some definite bobbles for MP and Veterans where as crisp had no bobbles. Not to mention crisp county's routine seed maxed out at 232. Where as MP and Veterans both seemed to have watered down a lot.

Offline cheerga94

• cheerga94 is new.
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2013, 06:11:27 PM »
Crisp hit while veterans did not. This is best crisp has ever looked though, but I don't think they would've outscored veterans if veterans had hit. Mp didn't look that great to me. I felt they lacked in a bunch of areas.

In 5A houston looked phenomenal and so did effingham county. EC was definitely a pleasant surprise. Both were probably the best i saw all day performance wise.

Offline gacheer4life

• gacheer4life is new.
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2013, 06:21:07 PM »
It sounds like a good start to the season. Hopefully there will be videos posted somewhere. I can't wait to see them. How did Wayne Co. score?

ckcheermom

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2013, 06:28:24 PM »
I agree Crisp looked great today. But Veterans scored a 219 not a 207.  And they didn't get the points for maxing out on running tumbling (there were 4 fulls) and standing tumbling (there were 3 fulls). Both should have maxed out but didn't.

I'm not trying to take anything away from Crisp...they deserved to win!  They had a clean routine and had a better showing today.

Offline gacheer4life

• gacheer4life is new.
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2013, 06:30:31 PM »
Do you know what Wayne County scored?

ckcheermom

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2013, 06:39:22 PM »
Do you know what Wayne County scored?

No sorry... I only knew Veterans score (:

Offline noregrets15

• noregrets15 is new.
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2013, 06:59:30 PM »
Sorry about the score error ckcheermom. I heard there were deductions and that was their final score. And I believe that MP has a new coach... That's always hard to deal with. I always look forward to seeing MP and veterans compete.. And today it just seemed like it was an off day for both. Both routines seemed to be missing something.

Offline noregrets15

• noregrets15 is new.
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2013, 07:01:42 PM »
Not to mention that it is so early in the season and anything can happen. Nobody knows what other teams are practicing but don't put in yet. Most teams don't peak this early. I know personally that MP has 3 fulls that they aren't throwing yet.

ckcheermom

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2013, 07:04:22 PM »
Sorry about the score error ckcheermom. I heard there were deductions and that was their final score. And I believe that MP has a new coach... That's always hard to deal with. I always look forward to seeing MP and veterans compete.. And today it just seemed like it was an off day for both. Both routines seemed to be missing something.

And there's always the chance I am wrong with the score (: but my daughter is adamant!  Lol. Veterans also has a new coach, lost several seniors, and yes had an off day. It was their first competition and I'm looking forward to seeing them improve every week! 

Offline noregrets15

• noregrets15 is new.
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2013, 07:16:37 PM »
Oh she's probably right! And I understand. I always find it interesting to see how teams progress through the season. And I know that there always seems to be some problems with MP maxing out. And they only had 7 returning this year! They lost 8 seniors I think? I'm sure there was a distinct difference between those 7 and the rest of the squad.

ckcheermom

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2013, 07:24:52 PM »
Well I stand corrected!  I had her ask someone and she was wrong. With the deductions Veterans did score a 207. Look for them to be a different team next week (: Again, congrats to Crisp!

Offline noregrets15

• noregrets15 is new.
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2013, 07:27:24 PM »
Oh ok! And I have faith that MP and veterans will turn it around sooner than later. Where does veterans compete next weekend?

Offline cheerga94

• cheerga94 is new.
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2013, 07:27:59 PM »
Where will MP, Crisp, and Vets be next weekend?

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines