March 29, 2024, 07:23:55 AM

Ga Cheerleading Vent

Author Topic: Starr's Mill  (Read 10730 times)

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
Starr's Mill
« on: September 28, 2013, 03:14:03 PM »
Winners

Co Ed - ola (others: Troup)
AAAAAA - ???
AAAAA - McIntosh (others: whitewater, lee, ???)
AAAA - Carrollton (others: locust grove)
AAA - Pike Co (others: Central)
A - Brookstone

Can't remember everybody so sorry if I forgot
-This post is purely the opinion of Cheerknowledge and that of no one else and is not by any means influenced by any one person, team, or location.

Offline cheer4all

• Reputation Power: 1
  • cheer4all is new.
Re: Starr's Mill
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2013, 04:55:44 PM »
The best I can remember....Greyhound Invitational (Jones County):
1A: GMC
2A:  East Laurens?? (others-Taylor County)
3A: Dodge??
4A: Crisp County (others-Columbus, West Laurens, Mary Persons, Westover)
5A: Warner Robins (others: Ware County)
Coed: Perry (others: Camden County, Jones County)

vicki

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2013, 05:02:48 PM »
Has anything been heard about Columbus High? Normally I see their name come up

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2013, 01:47:36 PM »
No and you most likely will not.
-This post is purely the opinion of Cheerknowledge and that of no one else and is not by any means influenced by any one person, team, or location.

Offline cheerga94

• cheerga94 is new.
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2013, 03:44:44 PM »
No and you most likely will not.

really wish i could understand their logic.

Offline Cheerfan2222

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Cheerfan2222 is new.
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2013, 03:59:50 PM »
How did Columbus look? Did they look like they were watering down their routine? Do you think Crisp was truly better? I saw Crisp at HOCO and they looked great, but Columbus I know is a power house but doesn't tend to show it.

Offline cheerga94

• cheerga94 is new.
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2013, 04:30:00 PM »
How did Columbus look? Did they look like they were watering down their routine? Do you think Crisp was truly better? I saw Crisp at HOCO and they looked great, but Columbus I know is a power house but doesn't tend to show it.

Columbus competes a VERY VERY VERY watered down routine the first time around. I'm sure crisp outscored them a good bit. I don't think columbus expected crisp to be that good or they probably would've dropped out.

Offline cheer4all

• cheer4all is new.
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2013, 07:47:21 PM »
Columbus performed with 12 on the floor and four alternates and seemed very unlike their "normal" routines....

Offline cheer4all

• cheer4all is new.
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2013, 07:52:51 PM »
Crisp was awesome and they are definitely off to a great start....they also won grand champs this past weekend.

Offline cheerga94

• cheerga94 is new.
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2013, 09:41:12 PM »
Columbus performed with 12 on the floor and four alternates and seemed very unlike their "normal" routines....

any videos of columbus or crisp?

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2013, 11:14:13 AM »
With 4 alternates it just doesn't make sense why you wouldn't compete with all 16 unless you are seeking a competitive edge by reducing the amount of individuals on the mat. Again, I am not an advocate for the less than 16 rule. In fact I think it gives teams and obvious reason to reduce the number of competitors so they can execute things easier.

However, the powers at be, it is what it is.

Offline JustACheerFan

• JustACheerFan is new.
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2013, 10:14:59 PM »
With 4 alternates it just doesn't make sense why you wouldn't compete with all 16 unless you are seeking a competitive edge by reducing the amount of individuals on the mat. Again, I am not an advocate for the less than 16 rule. In fact I think it gives teams and obvious reason to reduce the number of competitors so they can execute things easier.

However, the powers at be, it is what it is.

At the Woodland Classic last weekend, almost every single team that competed (Cartersville is the only exception that I can think of) went on the floor with less than sixteen members.

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2013, 12:27:07 PM »
It is not a surprise anymore. If a team goes out on the mat and executes with 4 stunt groups and 5 two mans and 16 people, I just think it looks better and it's way more difficult. It's four more people and 3 more people you have to coach up on stunts alone.

What I really don't get is that at some of these schools there are competitive cheer teams and spirit teams. You will see the competitive team have 17 member but compete with only 14 and their spirit teams have 20+ members.

The whole rule was created to help teams that have less participation. You can't look at the example above and say, "oh they struggle with participation!" No you notice they only take and put on the mat what is easiest to coach and get the best scores.

Last thing I will say is that we should encourage participation. Which means put a specific number on the floor. Football is 11-basketball is 5-baseball is 9 etc.

The cheer rule does the exact opposite-it encourages coaches to keep athletes off the mat in order to seek the competitive advantage with a better chance to win.

Now I will step off my soapbox hahaha
Good luck to all the teams this weekend!

Offline cheerub

• cheerub is new.
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2013, 01:52:49 AM »
I honestly think that a 4 or 5a school should have to compete with 16. 2,3a- they could go with fewer if needed but larger schools definitely should have to compete with 16.

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2013, 11:55:02 AM »

I honestly think that a 4 or 5a school should have to compete with 16. 2,3a- they could go with fewer if needed but larger schools definitely should have to compete with 16.

I agree-smaller schools-sure. Larger, no reason why you shouldn't have a team of 16

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines