March 28, 2024, 03:01:35 PM

Ga Cheerleading Vent

Author Topic: UGA Cheer Cinic  (Read 5338 times)

ckcheermom

UGA Cheer Cinic
« on: October 13, 2013, 11:18:43 PM »
Anyone take their cheerleaders to the UGA cheer clinic?  I did and she had a great time!  Lots of talent in Georgia!

CheerCoach2012

Re: UGA Cheer Cinic
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2013, 08:44:40 AM »
I took some of my kids. And unfortunately I was a little displeased at the organization of it. For the talent of some of these girls was hidden by the fact they were sometimes grouped with new people that have never cheered or have not been exposed to the higher elite skills. One of my flyers who is very talented couldn't even try a lib because the bases she was grouped with didn't know how to do one.

Also the lack of proper instruction was hard to watch. And the fact they had the kids sit for 30 minutes letting their body cool down talking about things that could be discussed at a campus visit or their senior yr clinic, then putting them into the tumbling where their bodies are doing explosive exercise Im glad no one got cramps or muscle pulls.

Sorry I was very disappointed for the amount of kids that paid money for an experience I felt they all got the bad bargain a little bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

ckcheermom

Re: UGA Cheer Cinic
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2013, 03:45:39 PM »
I did see what you're talking about. My daughter was placed in a group with two  cheerleaders from Johns Creek.  While all were very talented, they stunt differently. So that part wasn't all that great.  They had also told the flyers that they could switch to coed stunting during the 2nd round of stunting. That didn't happen. SHE had fun but I agree the organization wasn't there.

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines