April 26, 2024, 02:18:22 PM

Ga Cheerleading Vent

Author Topic: Down the Home stretch we go!  (Read 16538 times)

Offline cheerub

• Reputation Power: 0
  • cheerub is new.
Re: Down the Home stretch we go!
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2013, 09:49:13 PM »

Cross country doesn't require a ball.  But at region, you're only allowed to run your top seven.  The point is, just because cheerleading isn't the same kind of sport doesn't mean there shouldn't be consistent standards for it.  While it's true some people will denigrate cheerleading, why give them the ammo?

This is an excellent point!!!! I think that what sets cheer apart is that here in GA it's governed by a select few who get to cater to themselves. And, if you're not part of that select few or if you don't work within that circle, you have to go with the flow and it is what it is. Until that changes, nothing else will either.

Offline OnThisDayIseeClearly

• Reputation Power: 2
  • OnThisDayIseeClearly is new.
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2013, 10:42:59 PM »
I think that what sets cheer apart is that here in GA it's governed by a select few who get to cater to themselves. And, if you're not part of that select few or if you don't work within that circle, you have to go with the flow and it is what it is. Until that changes, nothing else will either.

Sadly, I agree with you.  Cheerleading has too many people involved who are in it for their own interests.

Cheerfan1

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2013, 11:14:46 AM »
Cheerknowledge....I agree with all of the teams you have mentioned. All are great squads and have a fantastic chance to win! Also, Cartersville hit their routine when I saw them last weekend at Roswell.  And yes, I think if you are 4a and above then 16 should be required to compete

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines