March 29, 2024, 11:29:19 AM

Ga Cheerleading Vent

Author Topic: AAAAA predictions  (Read 16267 times)

Offline Cheermom62

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Cheermom62 is new.
AAAAA predictions
« on: October 29, 2013, 03:37:52 PM »
Any predictions for AAAAA?

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
Re: AAAAA predictions
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2013, 10:38:01 PM »
I would like to offer my prediction but this one is tough.

You have to like Northgate because they traditionally own the mat. Houston has the experience from last year but repeating is one of the toughest things to do. The target is bigger in year 2. I like McIntosh as the dark horse. They are steadily becoming more consistent and better each week. I plan for everyone to hit in this division so it will come down to being clean and energy.
-This post is purely the opinion of Cheerknowledge and that of no one else and is not by any means influenced by any one person, team, or location.

CheerCoach2012

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2013, 12:59:19 PM »
I think 5-A this year is going to be more of a toss up than in recent years. You've got p and coming teams that look to break up the monotony at top 6 like effingham, east Pauling and even Lee county stepped up in recent weeks. You still have Northgate and Houston but whitewater and Starr's Mill and mcintosh IMO haven't looked as good as recent years. They could be holding back so not to write them off but look for a some new faces called to the floor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2013, 02:09:46 PM »
... but whitewater and Starr's Mill and mcintosh IMO haven't looked as good as recent years. They could be holding back so not to write them off but look for a some new faces called to the floor.

I will agree with you on Whitewater and Starr's Mill for sure, but McIntosh looks stronger this year and way more cleaner than they have in the past.  They looked amazing at Northgate this past weekend and they gave Northgate a legit run for their money the weekend before.  Now do I know what the outcome is going to be, absolutely not.  But they do have a good shot as well.
-This post is purely the opinion of Cheerknowledge and that of no one else and is not by any means influenced by any one person, team, or location.

CheerCoach2012

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2013, 03:31:00 PM »
I guess I just haven't heard a lot about mcintosh this year. Only 3 weeks till it all matters. Good luck to all.

Offline cheerub

• cheerub is new.
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2013, 05:02:25 PM »
I think that Effingham may surprise a lot of folks. There's lots of talent maxing out every area and really had a lot of energy and enthusiasm at Northgate, beating Starr's mill. This is a team we've heard a lot about as far as winning and being grand champs every week (even though it all depends on the competitions you attend of course). Looking forward to seeing some new teams this year- not anything against the perennial powerhouses that we see, but it's always exciting to see new teams step up and hold their own.

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2013, 07:38:07 AM »
Cheerub-

I have heard actually quite the same but I haven't seen them. I will see a video soon actually. Teams like that are a breath of fresh air! Good to see talent being spread out.  If it matches the scoresheet and has lots of energy, then you definitely have a shot. My worry with teams like that are they know hey have a shot, there is added pressure, they aren't use to it, the state mat is a whole different beast, are they prepared?? You know what I mean...

Best of luck to them though, excited to see this division!

CheerCoach2012

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2013, 09:23:48 PM »
Results for Worth county comp.

1. Lee county
2. Houston county
Other teams: Northside Columbus, Warner Robins, Ware, Greenbriar.

CheerCoach2012

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2013, 09:28:19 PM »
Houston looked very off today, Lee hit but left a lot to want. They don't max on everything. If the Houston I saw at Ola shows at state easily would be over Lee.  Northside looks ok but doesn't have a lot either. Other teams were not even close. Region is next week. Ready to start setting the state lineup!!!! Any other 5a results this weekend?

I heard northgate lost to Starr's mill in mcintosh? What happened there?

Kcheer610

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2013, 10:14:54 PM »
I'm pretty sure Lee maxes out on everything but standing tumbling. I've only seen one team max out on everything and that was Mcintosh. Starrs Mill doesn't max out on either standing or running. Last I saw Northgate they didn't max out on standing tumbling, even though their standing tumbling portion looks set up to be maxed out. Hoco doesn't max on running. They did one comp I saw, but the fourth full busted so looks like they took her out. Tumbling seems weaker this year in AAAAA... But strong stunting! It's going to be a great two weekends of cheer! Could be anyone at state!

Offline ghsacheerfan

• ghsacheerfan is new.
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2013, 02:49:53 AM »
I think that Effingham may surprise a lot of folks. There's lots of talent maxing out every area and really had a lot of energy and enthusiasm at Northgate, beating Starr's mill. This is a team we've heard a lot about as far as winning and being grand champs every week (even though it all depends on the competitions you attend of course). Looking forward to seeing some new teams this year- not anything against the perennial powerhouses that we see, but it's always exciting to see new teams step up and hold their own.
I have heard so much about Effingham and the potential they have! I just want to see a video of them. Do you know if there is one out there?

10 years and counting

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2013, 08:11:23 AM »
Top 3 (in alphabetical order)
Houston
Lee
McIntosh

HOUSTON doesn't look as clean this year.  Doesn't look like the team that won State last year.
LEE keeps getting better.  I heard they have beat Houston twice this season. 
MCINTOSH looks real good this year and has a lot of energy on the mat.  Great execution.  Do they max out?  Strong contender.

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2013, 08:47:55 AM »
Top 3 (in alphabetical order)
Houston
Lee
McIntosh

HOUSTON doesn't look as clean this year.  Doesn't look like the team that won State last year.
LEE keeps getting better.  I heard they have beat Houston twice this season. 
MCINTOSH looks real good this year and has a lot of energy on the mat.  Great execution.  Do they max out?  Strong contender.

UMMMMMMMMM sorry but no NORTHGATE??  STARRS MILL??  EFFINGHAM??

I actually think two of my above teams will sneak into the top 3 before Lee.  Starrs Mill edged out Northgate this past weekend at McIntosh but Northgate also had a drop.  It was Northgates first loss.  Northgate doesn't typically drop.  I can assure you they will have that fixed.   I like Lee, don't get me wrong, but I don't believe they max, and in this ballgame, you got to max to be in the top 3

Kcheer610

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2013, 11:52:32 AM »
Like I said before, Starrs Mill and Northgate did not max either last I saw them. Northgate did not max in standing tumbling and Starrs Mill did not max in either standing nor running tumbling. Lee does not max on standing tumbling, just like Northgate. I know Houston Co. is the same as well. McIntosh is the only team I have seen to max in all areas. I have not seen Effingham, so I don't have any thoughts on them. I think it could be any teams' day at state. I am looking foward to it!

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2013, 01:17:58 PM »
Sounds like McIntosh is the only one maxing! More power to them! Hope they hit! They were a perennial powerhouse back in tide day. The coach there has done a great job building it back up!

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines