April 28, 2024, 06:27:55 PM

Ga Cheerleading Vent

Author Topic: AAAAA predictions  (Read 18963 times)

Offline cheernerd10

• Reputation Power: 0
  • cheernerd10 is new.
Re: AAAAA predictions
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2013, 02:06:22 PM »
After watching the competition at Mcintosh this weekend I now see that Northgate and Whitewater both max out in all tumbling therefore they will stay strong as powerhouses for 5A. Region 4 is a tough region because all those teams are strong but if I had to pick my top 6 state qualifiers this week I would say Mcintosh, Northgate, Whitewater, Lee, Houston, and Effingham would be my guess for the top 6. East Paulding could also slip in the top 6 if one of those teams don't hit their stunts. Northside, Starr's Mill, Union Grove, and Allatoona don't have the tumbling this year which will hurt them but hopefully they can pull through region.

If I looked at stunts then Mcintosh, Northgate, Whitewater, Starr's Mill, Lee, and Houston all look pretty amazing when they hit.

It is going to be a coin toss, no doubt. It will all depend on what happens at region and then state. Good luck to all the 5A teams this weekend!

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2013, 02:09:53 PM »
Cheernerd10-

Great thoughts and posts!  It would have been interesting to see McIntosh go yesterday when Starrs Mill was on like that.  I believe with a hit, they would have edged them out.

Were you able to see other divisions, I feel like you shared some good thoughts and didn't know if you had any other thoughts on the day!

Thanks
-This post is purely the opinion of Cheerknowledge and that of no one else and is not by any means influenced by any one person, team, or location.

Offline cheernerd10

• cheernerd10 is new.
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2013, 02:34:30 PM »
Carrollton was great, they really have a good routine and some great tumbling. Carrollton would be my 4A pick but I have only seen Veterans one time however they are a tad bit cleaner than Carrollton so if you asked me, it will be a 1-3 point difference if both teams hit. Alexander is pretty good too, very creative routine.

Pike was also impressive with their stunting skills however Central Carrollton is very strong in stunts and tumbling.

Mt. Paran is as strong as some 5A and 6A teams!

The next hardest region is 6A's Region 6... North, South, and West Forsyth with Johns Creek, Lambert, Chattahoochee, and Alpharetta are all good. After seeing these teams September 7th and in the past weeks I have to say Johns Creek is the strongest with North, South, West, and Lambert following close behind. Its sort of sad to see only 4 go to state because they are all really good. Mill Creek is not as strong as they have been in recent years but they are good. Grayson and Newnan are also pretty good. But my top 6 for 6A would be Johns Creek, West Forsyth, South Forsyth, Lambert, Mill Creek and Newnan. Again, thats just an opinion because I haven't seen all of them compete against each other.

Offline cheerub

• cheerub is new.
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2013, 10:58:41 PM »
I know for a fact that Effingham is maxing in all areas too- surely there's a video from the northgate comp. seen their routine a few times now and just love watching them- very entertaining and high energy.

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2013, 08:47:33 AM »
I know for a fact that Effingham is maxing in all areas too- surely there's a video from the northgate comp. seen their routine a few times now and just love watching them- very entertaining and high energy.

I agree with you about effingham.  I believe they could possibly crack the top 6.  Not sure where they would fall once within that.  It's hard to say beyond top 6.  I believe favorites like McIntosh, Houston, and Northgate have a better chance to be top 3 because their routines are choreographed and coached so well.  Nothing against effingham, I just havent' seen them really.  Going off of completely what I hear.  Would love to have a link to a video and offer my opinion.
-This post is purely the opinion of Cheerknowledge and that of no one else and is not by any means influenced by any one person, team, or location.

Offline cheerga94

• Reputation Power: 1
  • cheerga94 is new.
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2013, 07:56:51 PM »
Top 3 (in alphabetical order)
Houston
Lee
McIntosh

HOUSTON doesn't look as clean this year.  Doesn't look like the team that won State last year.
LEE keeps getting better.  I heard they have beat Houston twice this season. 
MCINTOSH looks real good this year and has a lot of energy on the mat.  Great execution.  Do they max out?  Strong contender.

Houston has been clean all season except for 2 competitions. I think theres a big mindset difference between a regular season comp and region and state. Never count a top team out because who knows what will happen at state.

Offline ghsacheerfan

• ghsacheerfan is new.
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2013, 11:31:45 PM »
Didn't they say Effingham would have still won the HOCO competition if Houston would have actually competed?

Offline cheerga94

• Reputation Power: 1
  • cheerga94 is new.
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2013, 11:44:25 PM »
Didn't they say Effingham would have still won the HOCO competition if Houston would have actually competed?

Houston competed a very watered down version of the routine (tumbling wise) due to a person being out. they didnt max out in tumbling at all. So they probably did outscore them then.

Offline cheerub

• cheerub is new.
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2013, 06:41:47 PM »
No one knows what Houston scored because their scores were whited out on the master scoresheet. There was an article in the Macon Telegraph that publicized all scores from every division and reported that Effingham did in fact beat Houston across the board.

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2013, 12:21:09 AM »

No one knows what Houston scored because their scores were whited out on the master scoresheet. There was an article in the Macon Telegraph that publicized all scores from every division and reported that Effingham did in fact beat Houston across the board.

Interesting

Offline ghsacheerfan

• ghsacheerfan is new.

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2013, 06:32:12 AM »
And there you have it, the proof in the pudding!

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines