April 20, 2024, 06:15:03 AM

Ga Cheerleading Vent

Author Topic: Coaching  (Read 7098 times)

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
Coaching
« on: November 05, 2013, 08:57:47 AM »
When teams approach Region and State, one of the things that really comes into play is coaching.  How well are teams prepared for the big stage.  Lot's of teams have great talent and girls that know how to perform, however, coaching and preparation is what really comes to mind.  I believe this is what determines what teams go to the next level.  Talent can only carry so far because it is individual.

Some teams that always seem ready for region, sectionals, and state regardless each year because of Coaching:
PTR
OLA
McIntosh
Northgate
Coosa
Calhoun
Carrollton
Trion
Mt. Paran
Columbus
Mill Creek
Central
Commerce
Bremen
Cartersville
Johns Creek

I put these teams on this list considering the last 4 years and beyond (not 3 and in) I hear their names the most in the top 3.  When speaking of coaching, I feel these teams always seem well prepared.

Disagree?  Agree?  Add to the list?
-This post is purely the opinion of Cheerknowledge and that of no one else and is not by any means influenced by any one person, team, or location.

Offline cheerga94

• Reputation Power: 1
  • cheerga94 is new.
Re: Coaching
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2013, 11:47:12 PM »
Johns creek has had 3 different coaches the past 3 years but those coaches sure do know what they are doing. I think these schools have great coaches.

Offline cheermom31209

• Reputation Power: 0
  • cheermom31209 is new.
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2013, 01:26:53 PM »
You can have a really great coach with knowledge that can lead a team with little or no talent to great outcomes from the season.  You can also have a group of really talented girls with unbelievable skill and a coach that has little knowledge.  The coach is a driving force that must exist!  They must have the knowledge  of competition spirit, knowledge of rules backwards and forwards, and ability to choreograph!  The hardest part is being a parent of team that has the skill but the coach without the knowledge! 

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2013, 02:03:13 PM »

You can have a really great coach with knowledge that can lead a team with little or no talent to great outcomes from the season.  You can also have a group of really talented girls with unbelievable skill and a coach that has little knowledge.  The coach is a driving force that must exist!  They must have the knowledge  of competition spirit, knowledge of rules backwards and forwards, and ability to choreograph!  The hardest part is being a parent of team that has the skill but the coach without the knowledge!

I can only imagine! Well said...
-This post is purely the opinion of Cheerknowledge and that of no one else and is not by any means influenced by any one person, team, or location.

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines