May 09, 2024, 08:51:23 PM

Ga Cheerleading Vent

Author Topic: Region results  (Read 37008 times)

Offline cheernerd10

• Reputation Power: 0
  • cheernerd10 is new.
Re: Region results
« Reply #45 on: November 12, 2013, 08:30:23 AM »
I saw it too. I can't figure out if it was the same girl twice but I assume it was, since they do 2 partner stunts. So I know they had 10 points in deductions.

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
« Reply #46 on: November 12, 2013, 09:21:17 AM »
Cheerga and Cheernerd-

for the rest of us can you point out at what minute mark and what group it occurs??  It might help educate some of us!
-This post is purely the opinion of Cheerknowledge and that of no one else and is not by any means influenced by any one person, team, or location.

Offline Swaggerjagger

• Swaggerjagger is new.
« Reply #47 on: November 12, 2013, 09:25:56 AM »
I saw it too. I can't figure out if it was the same girl twice but I assume it was, since they do 2 partner stunts. So I know they had 10 points in deductions.
They actually had 15. And it wasn't for more than one stunt, the other 10 points was for the "hair sweep" in the last tumbling pass. The other 5 was for the stunt. And they were not the only ones who had wrong grips that day. If they are going to call it on one team they need to call it on all of them. But that's just my  opinion.

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
« Reply #48 on: November 12, 2013, 09:34:17 AM »
What is the "hair whip"
-This post is purely the opinion of Cheerknowledge and that of no one else and is not by any means influenced by any one person, team, or location.

Kcheer610

« Reply #49 on: November 12, 2013, 09:35:23 AM »
What other teams did illegal grips at region? I would be interested to hear what you saw.

Offline Swaggerjagger

• Swaggerjagger is new.
« Reply #50 on: November 12, 2013, 09:37:33 AM »
What is the "hair whip"
I'm sorry I'm an idiot I totally meant "hair sweep" which just means here hair touched the floor on her tumbling pass. In this case it was in her backhandspring

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
« Reply #51 on: November 12, 2013, 09:38:56 AM »
What other teams did illegal grips at region? I would be interested to hear what you saw.

Agreed

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
« Reply #52 on: November 12, 2013, 09:43:59 AM »
What is the "hair whip"
I'm sorry I'm an idiot I totally meant "hair sweep" which just means here hair touched the floor on her tumbling pass. In this case it was in her backhandspring

They must have had assumed her head hit the ground which would indicate a fall

As for the grips, all I can assume is that a spotter grabbed the sole of the foot which is not allowed.

Offline Swaggerjagger

• Swaggerjagger is new.
« Reply #53 on: November 12, 2013, 09:47:52 AM »
I'm just going off of what I read on the score sheets! Not trying to get anyone fired up.
Other teams performed well that day as well, union grove, and northgate both looked amazing and I can't wait to seem them at state. I just don't believe whitewater should be the one sitting at home.

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
« Reply #54 on: November 12, 2013, 09:53:40 AM »
I'm just going off of what I read on the score sheets! Not trying to get anyone fired up.
Other teams performed well that day as well, union grove, and northgate both looked amazing and I can't wait to seem them at state. I just don't believe whitewater should be the one sitting at home.

no disagree here, they were amazing!

Offline cheernerd10

• cheernerd10 is new.
« Reply #55 on: November 12, 2013, 10:03:24 AM »
Swagger, I thought a bust was only a 5 point deduction? Also, who else had the wrong hand grips that day? I want to look them up and see, thats the only reason I ask. I watched Mcintosh, Starrs Mill, Union Grove (does baskets) and Northgate and they all were right. Was it in another division?

Cheerknowledge, from what I see at 0:20 seconds the back left partner stunt the 'backspot' has the toe and ankle. And the same girl does it again in the back right group at 1:26. All I did was follow the ankle brace in the video I watched.

I'm not saying anything against them because they were pretty amazing. I mean doing a full out of that first backhandspring is amazing in itself.

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
« Reply #56 on: November 12, 2013, 10:09:48 AM »
Thanks for that response and clarification!  Going to watch now!

***Edit - I concur that both grips the "spotter" is on the sole of the foot.

Cheercheer

« Reply #57 on: November 12, 2013, 12:13:50 PM »
Catslady- Coosa did get first, but its my understanding that Calhoun finished 2nd behind them less than 5 points difference and neither team had deductions.

Offline cheerga94

• Reputation Power: 1
  • cheerga94 is new.
« Reply #58 on: November 15, 2013, 01:03:05 AM »

Cheerknowledge, from what I see at 0:20 seconds the back left partner stunt the 'backspot' has the toe and ankle. And the same girl does it again in the back right group at 1:26. All I did was follow the ankle brace in the video I watched.

I HATE this rule! all my life i have always been taught toe and ankle and it is so much easier to control! The way it is now looks so unstable and a lot of squads seem to be struggling with it. Anyone know why they changed it?

Offline cheerga94

• Reputation Power: 1
  • cheerga94 is new.
« Reply #59 on: November 15, 2013, 01:04:04 AM »

i don't believe any of them did from what i can see in the videos.

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines