April 25, 2024, 10:35:36 AM

Ga Cheerleading Vent

Author Topic: When an injury occurs in the middle of the routine...  (Read 7578 times)

ckcheermom

When an injury occurs in the middle of the routine...
« on: November 09, 2013, 09:25:13 PM »
When an injury occurs in the middle of the routine, do you think it is fair that a team gets to mark their routine up to that point and then pick up where they left off?   If you think about it...they get to take a break, mark the routine to the point of the injury, and begin again.  Not ever really throwing the routine full-out. So, there is a better chance that the second half of the routine is better than what it would have been.

I understand the need to stop a routine for injury, but is it really fair to the other teams involved  that they are able to mark the routine when they do for the second time?

My solution (even though my opinion is worth nothing:) is to have the team run it full-out again, except for where the injured is supposed to be if they were not able to return, BUT only score them from the point to routine was stopped?

Thoughts...maybe I'm missing something?

Offline cheerga94

• Reputation Power: 1
  • cheerga94 is new.
Re: When an injury occurs in the middle of the routine...
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2013, 02:20:44 PM »
I agree but then there is the argument that they will be even MORE fatigued during the 2nd half of the routine from already having to half of a routine before the injury occurred.

Offline OnThisDayIseeClearly

• Reputation Power: 2
  • OnThisDayIseeClearly is new.
For once
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2013, 05:15:11 PM »
I agree but then there is the argument that they will be even MORE fatigued during the 2nd half of the routine from already having to half of a routine before the injury occurred.

I agree with you.  Forcing a squad to re-run a routine from the beginning would me more tiring.  Physically and possibly mentally.  I would submit competition cheerleading injuries that occur during a routine are almost more mentally taxing on the squad than say an injury in softball or basketball.

Softball, there are still innings left.  Basketball plays four quarters.  Cheerleding has 2 minutes, 30 seconds.  Not as much time to shake off and refocus.  Not saying it can't be done, saying it's more difficult.  Letting them come back to finish just seems fair.

I have no problem with the rule as is.  Because what happened before the injury is what happened.  If they got a ten-point deduction for dropping a stunt, it's still there.  When the squad comes back, they still have to execute whatever is left of their routine.  I don't see how another squad is really hurt by it.

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines