April 24, 2024, 09:08:43 PM

Ga Cheerleading Vent

Author Topic: Enrollment Numbers  (Read 11000 times)

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
Enrollment Numbers
« on: November 10, 2013, 10:29:02 PM »
-This post is purely the opinion of Cheerknowledge and that of no one else and is not by any means influenced by any one person, team, or location.

Offline cheernerd10

• Reputation Power: 0
  • cheernerd10 is new.
Re: Enrollment Numbers
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2013, 12:06:31 AM »
Whitewater and Northside side will own AAAA next year! Region 4 AAAAA will now be able to relax for the next 2 years however Starrs Mill is close to the bottom of that list.... could they go AAAA soon?!

Jefferson and Calhoun will compete in AAA- WOW!

and Effingham will have to compete with the big boys of AAAAAA.

Offline cheerga94

• Reputation Power: 1
  • cheerga94 is new.
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2013, 12:24:27 AM »
Whitewater and Northside side will own AAAA next year! Region 4 AAAAA will now be able to relax for the next 2 years however Starrs Mill is close to the bottom of that list.... could they go AAAA soon?!

i dont know about "own" but they will be great additions.

CheerCoach2012

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2013, 06:52:14 AM »
Wow. Veterens was supposed to be moving up next year but looks like they will stay in 4-A. Huge news about whitewater and Northside moving down. That will add some competition to Carrollton and veterens and Columbus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2013, 10:28:57 AM »

i dont know about "own" but they will be great additions.

agreed, I have seen all teams and I know for a fact that Carrollton and Veterans has outscored both teams.  Agreed it is great additions but "own" is really throwing it out there.
-This post is purely the opinion of Cheerknowledge and that of no one else and is not by any means influenced by any one person, team, or location.

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2013, 10:29:49 AM »
Wow. Veterens was supposed to be moving up next year but looks like they will stay in 4-A. Huge news about whitewater and Northside moving down. That will add some competition to Carrollton and veterens and Columbus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had heard the same thing but I guess the numbers show.  I know some other things have to shake out and enrollment numbers play a huge factor but we shall see in January when it is for sure!

Offline cheerub

• Reputation Power: 0
  • cheerub is new.
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2013, 01:07:33 PM »
This isn't a done deal just yet; schools will choose to play up because of the isolation rule, and there will be others that will be impacted by this rule, too.

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2013, 01:29:44 PM »
This isn't a done deal just yet; schools will choose to play up because of the isolation rule, and there will be others that will be impacted by this rule, too.

Exactly!

CheerCoach2012

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2013, 11:39:44 AM »

What is the isolation rule? Is it based on how many same Class schools are in a given radius?

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2013, 11:57:15 AM »
The Executive Director shall have the authority to work with any school that is geographically isolated within its region in order to resolve difficulties in travel and time out of class.An individual school shall be considered to be isolated if the average distance from that school to all other schools in the region is 100 miles or more one way.The decision to place a school in a higher or lower classification will be based on a combination of factors that include travel distances and school population size.If two or three schools in a region are considered to be isolated (even if the average travel distance is less than 100 miles one way), the Reclassification Committee shall be authorized to place those schools in another classification based on travel distances and school population size.If four or more schools in a region are considered to be isolated (even if the average travel distance is less than 100 miles one way), the Reclassification Committee shall be authorized to form a subdivided region in which crossover games with the other subdivision will not be mandatory for region standing.[/color]

Further, when placed into a new classification, schools have 14 days to say they want to compete at a higher level.  They cannot compete down.  Regions will be decided in January.

Offline OnThisDayIseeClearly

• Reputation Power: 2
  • OnThisDayIseeClearly is new.
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2013, 03:13:31 AM »
One thing I noticed when looking at AA is how some of the, for lack of a better term "northern powers" in cheerleading would be moved up (IE: Calhoun, Pepprell, Jefferson.)  Could make for an interesting state.

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2013, 09:25:42 AM »
Yes it should free the way for some others to step up, but you still have Bremen and Coosa

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines