April 19, 2024, 01:44:42 AM

Ga Cheerleading Vent

Author Topic: State predictions  (Read 24561 times)

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
State predictions
« on: November 10, 2013, 10:31:11 PM »
Now that region has come to a close-what are the predictions based off what you have seen?
-This post is purely the opinion of Cheerknowledge and that of no one else and is not by any means influenced by any one person, team, or location.

Offline cheernerd10

• Reputation Power: 0
  • cheernerd10 is new.
Re: State predictions
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2013, 11:51:22 PM »
After this weekend my thoughts haven't changed too much...

1A Public- Battle it out Trion and Commerce- GOOD LUCK!
1A Private- Mt. Paran and Brookstone should be 2nd.

2A- Jefferson, Coosa, Bremen were all good.

3A- Pierce, Cartersville, and North Oconee are going to fight for it.

4A- Carrollton and Veterans hands down. Alexander and South Effingham should place top 6.

5A- Now I am thrown off with the upset that Whitewater didn't make it so region 4 will stay strong with Mcintosh, Northgate, Union Grove, and Starrs Mill however Starrs Mill won't place top 6. So after if I had to pick a top 6 it would be Houston, Lee County, Northgate, Mcintosh, Effingham, and someone random like Union Grove or Allatoona. I imagine Effingham or Mcintosh will win since they are the underdogs but I think Northgate and Houston will try their hardest!

6A- South Forsyth KILLED IT! I saw it and it was amazing. They really wanted to come back this year stronger than ever and it was great. However West Forsyth was pretty awesome too. Someone from that region will win. So top 6 will most likely be Johns Creek, South Forsyth, West Forsyth, Lambert, Mill Creek, and probably Newnan, Grayson, or North Gwinnett.

Coed- This will be hard because Winder Barrow puts on the best show but Peachtree Ridge and Ola are amazing. Model surprised me Saturday and so did Chestatee. But if I had to pick the winner it would be Peachtree Ridge.

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2013, 11:03:39 AM »
Good points CheerNerd!  I always enjoy reading your thoughts.  I am going to set mine up differently.  THIS WAS VERY HARD BTW

A Public
Previous Champ: Trion
2013 Favorite: Trion
Could Also win it: Commerce
Underdog: n/a

A Private
Previous Champ: Mt. Paran
2013 Favorite: Mt. Paran
Could Also win it: n/a
Underdog: Brookstone

AA
Previous Champ: Coosa
2013 Favorite: Bremen
Could Also Win it: Coosa
Underdog: Jefferson

AAA
Previous Champ: Pierce
2013 Favorite: Pierce
Could Also Win it: Cartersville (need to hit), Pierce
Underdog: Pike and Chapel Hill

AAAA
Previous Champ: Veterans
2013 Favorite: Veterans
Could Also Win it: Carrollton (Strong Hit and they could take top spot)
***I do believe it could go either way with 1 and 2 in this division if both hit.  Both have strong routines.
Underdog: Eastside and Alexander

AAAAA
Previous Champ: Houston
2013 Favorite: McIntosh or Northgate
Could Also Win it: Houston
Underdog: Effingham

AAAAAA
Previous Champ: Lambert
2013 Favorite: South Forsyth
Could Also Win it: UMMMMMMM ANYBODY hahaha j/k, Johns Creek, Kennessaw, West Forsyth
Underdog: This division doesn't have an underdog!!

Co-Ed
Previous Champ: Ola
2013 Favorite: PTR
Could Also Win it: Ola
Underdog: Chestatee

And there you have it!  Looking forward to a great weeked!
-This post is purely the opinion of Cheerknowledge and that of no one else and is not by any means influenced by any one person, team, or location.

Offline cheermom31209

• cheermom31209 is new.
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2013, 01:03:52 PM »
I agree with you but in AAAAA I have to put Lee county in there!

Offline cheerub

• cheerub is new.
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2013, 01:15:02 PM »
Add Lee co and Creekview to over Union Grove. Are they maxing? All videos I have seen they are not in standing tumbling.

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2013, 01:28:50 PM »
I agree with you but in AAAAA I have to put Lee county in there!

I do like them....I hope they show up at state!!! Not sure if they max standing tumbling???

Offline cheernerd10

• cheernerd10 is new.
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2013, 03:18:05 PM »
Lee does not max out in standing but they do have one amazing pyramid.

Offline Cheermom62

• Cheermom62 is new.
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2013, 04:39:09 PM »
Underdogs have a way of biting you in the **** when your not looking! :)

Offline cheerub

• cheerub is new.
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2013, 06:03:21 PM »
I agree about underdogs- been a fan of Effingham since first seeing them this year and honestly I think it would be great to see a south GA team win it all. Not to take anything away from other teams, but I like to break up the monotony of things- keeps it interesting and let's everyone know that it could be ANY team's chance at any year!

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2013, 06:25:34 PM »

I agree about underdogs- been a fan of Effingham since first seeing them this year and honestly I think it would be great to see a south GA team win it all. Not to take anything away from other teams, but I like to break up the monotony of things- keeps it interesting and let's everyone know that it could be ANY team's chance at any year!

South teams owned it last year...

Veterans
Houston
Pierce

That's half the squads winning state

Offline cheerga94

• Reputation Power: 1
  • cheerga94 is new.
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2013, 06:55:45 PM »
A Public: Trion and Commerce.

A Private: Mt Paran. They are so far ahead for a private school. They could hang in 6A.

AA: Coosa. They look great

AAA: Pierce looks the best to me, but i am hoping Cartersville can finally take it. REALLY thought last year was their year, but they failed to show out at state.

AAAA: Veterans and Carrollton. I really would hate to judge this one if they both hit. They both look amazing.

AAAAA: Northgate, Houston, and Mcintosh are my top 3 and it could go in any order. Houston had 2 bad weekends but definitely brought it to region. Northgate has looked amazing all season and Mcintosh has the routine, but hasn't been real consistent, but in the end the only thing that matters is what you put on the mat that day for those 2:30.

AAAAAA: Johns Creek, South, and Kennesaw. Johns Creek has the difficulty but Kennesaw and South are SHARP.

Coed: PTR, Ola, and Winder. I am a huge fan of Ola, but i feel that if PTR hits, they will take it.

Offline Cheerfan2222

• Cheerfan2222 is new.
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2013, 08:48:50 PM »
I know this has been discussed alot, but does anyone feel like teams with 16 should be scored higher than teams with less? If you were a judge would you? If I judged both Carrollton and Veterans back to back I would have to give it to Carrollton because as stated before 4 groups to keep in the air is more difficult than 3 in the air. Both teams are amazing with some crazy talented kids!

Offline cheerub

• cheerub is new.
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2013, 08:54:45 PM »

South teams owned it last year...

Veterans
Houston
Pierce

That's half the squads winning state

Pierce is the only south team; the rest are mid GA. I'm talking about the 912 area code ha ha!

ckcheermom

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2013, 09:01:50 PM »
OK, this will be fun!
A Public - Commerce.
A Private - Mt. Paran
AA - Coosa
AAA - Pierce
AAAA - Veterans  ;)
AAAAA - Northgate
AAAAAA - South Forsyth
Coed - PTR

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
State predictions
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2013, 09:40:24 PM »
I know this has been discussed alot, but does anyone feel like teams with 16 should be scored higher than teams with less? If you were a judge would you? If I judged both Carrollton and Veterans back to back I would have to give it to Carrollton because as stated before 4 groups to keep in the air is more difficult than 3 in the air. Both teams are amazing with some crazy talented kids!

One word - ABSOLUTELY

Yes it's harder. It's the main reason in high school nationals (NCA/UCA) they have divisions. So their is fair balance. It's crazy that GHSA allows teams to dictate the number of athletes on the floor but then allows them to score the same when going with a smaller number. Putting all injury/not enough people arguments to the side, the simple fact of being allowed less members but still maxing like a team of 16 is crazy.  Teams will and are taking advantage of the rule.  No one can argue that. In fact, I spoke with one teams coach who goes with 16 in another division and she was actually encouraged by other coaches to go with 15 because it was easier and she could put up her 3 best tops rather than 4. Kudos to that coach for challenging their athletes to perform at what I consider the highest level-16 athletes.

When putting 16 athletes on the floor, one more girl has to tumble, one more basket group (4 people) has to be taught how to work together, one more stunt group has to gel as a unit and be coached up, one more girl in every sequence. It's not easy. The rule makes it so easy to take that one girl out of the air that is giving you trouble and be done with it. And score the same as a team with 3 groups-ok????!!!!!

When speaking of Carrollton-watch finals on Saturday-they and South Effingham will be the only teams with 4 groups in the air. I know this having seen the other teams in finals already this season around the state.  I applaud them for their effort!!!

I will step down off this soapbox now to watch the drama unfold hahaha In the division I am connected to, there isn't the less than 16 problem.  You compete with 16 or it just looks off.
No disrespect to the athletes, it's the coaches and officials that allow the loophole to exist. May the truly best team be chosen!!

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines