April 24, 2024, 04:16:03 AM

Ga Cheerleading Vent

Author Topic: State predictions  (Read 25111 times)

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
State predictions
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2013, 09:41:34 PM »

I agree about underdogs- been a fan of Effingham since first seeing them this year and honestly I think it would be great to see a south GA team win it all. Not to take anything away from other teams, but I like to break up the monotony of things- keeps it interesting and let's everyone know that it could be ANY team's chance at any year!

South teams owned it last year...

Veterans
Houston
Pierce

That's half the squads winning state

Pierce is the only south team; the rest are mid GA. I'm talking about the 912 area code ha ha!

HAHAHA that is South Georgia!!!! When you speak of north Georgia, I think of the Cobb county, Marietta, and all of those schools. Talent rich, anybody else to me is an underdog hahaha
-This post is purely the opinion of Cheerknowledge and that of no one else and is not by any means influenced by any one person, team, or location.

Offline Cheer2013

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Cheer2013 is new.
Re: State predictions
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2013, 09:44:16 PM »
I know this has been discussed alot, but does anyone feel like teams with 16 should be scored higher than teams with less? If you were a judge would you? If I judged both Carrollton and Veterans back to back I would have to give it to Carrollton because as stated before 4 groups to keep in the air is more difficult than 3 in the air. Both teams are amazing with some crazy talented kids!
I would only give it to the team with 4 stunt groups only if all 4 stunt groups were better than the 3 stunt groups.  Like you said, both teams are amazing and it will come down to who does the best on Saturday.  Good Luck to ALL teams at Sectionals and State!!! 

Offline Cheerfan2222

• Cheerfan2222 is new.
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2013, 09:52:18 PM »

I know this has been discussed alot, but does anyone feel like teams with 16 should be scored higher than teams with less? If you were a judge would you? If I judged both Carrollton and Veterans back to back I would have to give it to Carrollton because as stated before 4 groups to keep in the air is more difficult than 3 in the air. Both teams are amazing with some crazy talented kids

One word - ABSOLUTELY

Yes it's harder. It's the main reason in high school nationals (NCA/UCA) they have divisions. So their is fair balance. It's crazy that GHSA allows teams to dictate the number of athletes on the floor but then allows them to score the same when going with a smaller number. Putting all injury/not enough people arguments to the side, the simple fact of being allowed less members but still maxing like a team of 16 is crazy.  Teams will and are taking advantage of the rule.  No one can argue that. In fact, I spoke with one teams coach who goes with 16 in another division and she was actually encouraged by other coaches to go with 15 because it was easier and she could put up her 3 best tops rather than 4. Kudos to that coach for challenging their athletes to perform at what I consider the highest level-16 athletes.

When putting 16 athletes on the floor, one more girl has to tumble, one more basket group (4 people) has to be taught how to work together, one more stunt group has to gel as a unit and be coached up, one more girl in every sequence. It's not easy. The rule makes it so easy to take that one girl out of the air that is giving you trouble and be done with it. And score the same as a team with 3 groups-ok????!!!!!

When speaking of Carrollton-watch finals on Saturday-they will be the only team with 4 groups in the air. I know this having seen the other teams in finals already this season.  I applaud them for their effort!!!

I will step down off this soapbox now to watch the drama unfold hahaha
No disrespect to the athletes, it's the coaches and officials that allow the loophole to exist. May the truly best team be chosen!!

Ok I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels that way! Carrollton is great! I have seen two other teams (South Effingham and one other) compete with 16. I can't remember who the other is, but SE has been fighting the injury bug.

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2013, 10:12:47 PM »
I know this has been discussed alot, but does anyone feel like teams with 16 should be scored higher than teams with less? If you were a judge would you? If I judged both Carrollton and Veterans back to back I would have to give it to Carrollton because as stated before 4 groups to keep in the air is more difficult than 3 in the air. Both teams are amazing with some crazy talented kids!
I would only give it to the team with 4 stunt groups only if all 4 stunt groups were better than the 3 stunt groups.  Like you said, both teams are amazing and it will come down to who does the best on Saturday.  Good Luck to ALL teams at Sectionals and State!!! 

ONLY??  What if another team has just two stunt groups, do you say the same thing.  I only give it to the team with 4 stunts  if the 4 stunts are better than the two. Because that is basically the same thing.  3 is less than 4, 2 is less the 4, 1 is less than 4.  Translated in cheer world to 3 is easier than 4, 2 is easier....etc.  The extra group is MORE DIFFICULT.  That is the true argument.  Not on what looks the best.

I don't fully disagree, but what is your argument if a group of 4 drops, what if the 3 that are left are way better than the 3 the other team put up???  That is a question in itself, because now the two teams are essentially equal in terms of what is in the air.
-This post is purely the opinion of Cheerknowledge and that of no one else and is not by any means influenced by any one person, team, or location.

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2013, 10:15:01 PM »

I know this has been discussed alot, but does anyone feel like teams with 16 should be scored higher than teams with less? If you were a judge would you? If I judged both Carrollton and Veterans back to back I would have to give it to Carrollton because as stated before 4 groups to keep in the air is more difficult than 3 in the air. Both teams are amazing with some crazy talented kids

One word - ABSOLUTELY

Yes it's harder. It's the main reason in high school nationals (NCA/UCA) they have divisions. So their is fair balance. It's crazy that GHSA allows teams to dictate the number of athletes on the floor but then allows them to score the same when going with a smaller number. Putting all injury/not enough people arguments to the side, the simple fact of being allowed less members but still maxing like a team of 16 is crazy.  Teams will and are taking advantage of the rule.  No one can argue that. In fact, I spoke with one teams coach who goes with 16 in another division and she was actually encouraged by other coaches to go with 15 because it was easier and she could put up her 3 best tops rather than 4. Kudos to that coach for challenging their athletes to perform at what I consider the highest level-16 athletes.

When putting 16 athletes on the floor, one more girl has to tumble, one more basket group (4 people) has to be taught how to work together, one more stunt group has to gel as a unit and be coached up, one more girl in every sequence. It's not easy. The rule makes it so easy to take that one girl out of the air that is giving you trouble and be done with it. And score the same as a team with 3 groups-ok????!!!!!

When speaking of Carrollton-watch finals on Saturday-they will be the only team with 4 groups in the air. I know this having seen the other teams in finals already this season.  I applaud them for their effort!!!

I will step down off this soapbox now to watch the drama unfold hahaha
No disrespect to the athletes, it's the coaches and officials that allow the loophole to exist. May the truly best team be chosen!!

Ok I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels that way! Carrollton is great! I have seen two other teams (South Effingham and one other) compete with 16. I can't remember who the other is, but SE has been fighting the injury bug.

Glad to hear their are others!!  Proud of those teams, again, I wasn't fully aware but definitely props to a south georgia team for throwing out the 16.

Cheercheer

« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2013, 09:33:04 AM »
AA- I think AA is going to be closer than we all think! Personally- Bremen (clean), but they do not max out on standing tumbling, and there Pyramid does not look as if it max's out. Overall a good routine/fun. Coosa (clean), they do not max out on tumbling. Overall okay routine but clean.  Calhoun- saw them at Region and they looked better from when I last saw them a few weeks ago. Their running and standing tumbling is maxed out.

Any other thoughts on AA?
AAA- Commerce or Cartersville is my pick. Cartersville needs to stick and they could take the win.

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2013, 09:35:09 AM »
AA- I think AA is going to be closer than we all think! Personally- Bremen (clean), but they do not max out on standing tumbling, and there Pyramid does not look as if it max's out. Overall a good routine/fun. Coosa (clean), they do not max out on tumbling. Overall okay routine but clean.  Calhoun- saw them at Region and they looked better from when I last saw them a few weeks ago. Their running and standing tumbling is maxed out.

Any other thoughts on AA?
AAA- Commerce or Cartersville is my pick. Cartersville needs to stick and they could take the win.

Commerce is Public A BTW

Cheercheer

« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2013, 09:39:30 AM »
Meant Pierce... Thanks!

10 years and counting

« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2013, 04:21:16 PM »
Lee won their region.  They will be at State.

Offline cheernerd10

• cheernerd10 is new.
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2013, 08:29:49 AM »
Lee is good but the don't max out in standing tumbling so they will have a hard time trying to win state however they have one awesome pyramid and pretty good partner stunts. I think they will place top 6 if they hit but as we know from the region results anything can happen  ;)

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2013, 09:24:54 AM »
Lee is good but the don't max out in standing tumbling so they will have a hard time trying to win state however they have one awesome pyramid and pretty good partner stunts. I think they will place top 6 if they hit but as we know from the region results anything can happen  ;)

I agree with this.  Your going to have to max to win or the teams that max are going to have to give you some help on the day.

Offline ghsacheerfan

• ghsacheerfan is new.
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2013, 03:38:06 PM »
I know South Effingham has been good, but I saw a video of them at Regions(http://www.nfhsnetwork.com/events/75709) this weekend and If they had numerous of falls. Good thing their region isn't strong or they might not have been going to state. They also only had 3 groups this weekend. To me tumbling wasn't that clean either! I finally saw Effingham as well and they were as great as everyone has said before..

Offline ghsacheerfan

• ghsacheerfan is new.
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2013, 03:40:58 PM »
I know South Effingham has been good, but I saw a video of them at Regions(http://www.nfhsnetwork.com/events/75709) this weekend and If they had numerous of falls. Good thing their region isn't strong or they might not have been going to state. They also only had 3 groups this weekend. To me tumbling wasn't that clean either! I finally saw Effingham as well and they were as great as everyone has said before..

Offline 4my2curlygirls

• 4my2curlygirls is new.
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2013, 07:00:11 PM »
Had a rough region day, this is true. However, had many injuries and hospital stays to overcome. Those girls and the girls in their region all go at it with their whole hearts. Placing 4th last year and 3rd this year is a huge accomplishment and even if we don't have a "strong" region our scores are consistent with our personal progress and that is really, truly how you build a great competition squad. Congrats to the Mustangs and their coaches, I am a proud parent of one of these girls and know my daughter's body...and her 3 teeth she got knocked out at practice are very happy with the teams accomplishments. Hopefully we will continue to grow and get better and better, our middle school were 3-peat champions this year and 11 of those girls are 8th graders so we have an amazing "feeder program"! I can not wait to see what the future holds for SEHS competition cheerleading as well as the other teams in our region, who work just as hard. I have read many posts on here and had to just not say anything but this time, I just had to. P.S. I LOVE that we have 16 girls on the mat.

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2013, 07:18:39 PM »
I love you have 16 as well!!!!!

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines