April 19, 2024, 02:01:42 PM

Ga Cheerleading Vent

Author Topic: State predictions  (Read 24611 times)

Offline cheerga94

• Reputation Power: 1
  • cheerga94 is new.
Re: State predictions
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2013, 11:28:13 PM »
I know this has been discussed alot, but does anyone feel like teams with 16 should be scored higher than teams with less? If you were a judge would you? If I judged both Carrollton and Veterans back to back I would have to give it to Carrollton because as stated before 4 groups to keep in the air is more difficult than 3 in the air. Both teams are amazing with some crazy talented kids!

Well you would have to judge them the same. According to GHSA that is. I hope they switch to the 16 across the board rule. I feel as if squads are getting smaller and smaller each year. Before state i didnt really care but this weekend i REALLY noticed it.

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2013, 11:29:13 PM »
I know this has been discussed alot, but does anyone feel like teams with 16 should be scored higher than teams with less? If you were a judge would you? If I judged both Carrollton and Veterans back to back I would have to give it to Carrollton because as stated before 4 groups to keep in the air is more difficult than 3 in the air. Both teams are amazing with some crazy talented kids!

Well you would have to judge them the same. According to GHSA that is. I hope they switch to the 16 across the board rule. I feel as if squads are getting smaller and smaller each year. Before state i didnt really care but this weekend i REALLY noticed it.

Exactly...I noticed it as well.

It's getting to be crazy.
-This post is purely the opinion of Cheerknowledge and that of no one else and is not by any means influenced by any one person, team, or location.

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2013, 11:32:21 PM »
Good points CheerNerd!  I always enjoy reading your thoughts.  I am going to set mine up differently.  THIS WAS VERY HARD BTW

A Public
Previous Champ: Trion
2013 Favorite: Trion
Could Also win it: Commerce
Underdog: n/a

A Private
Previous Champ: Mt. Paran
2013 Favorite: Mt. Paran
Could Also win it: n/a
Underdog: Brookstone

AA
Previous Champ: Coosa
2013 Favorite: Bremen
Could Also Win it: Coosa
Underdog: Jefferson

AAA
Previous Champ: Pierce
2013 Favorite: Pierce
Could Also Win it: Cartersville (need to hit), Pierce
Underdog: Pike and Chapel Hill

AAAA
Previous Champ: Veterans
2013 Favorite: Veterans
Could Also Win it: Carrollton (Strong Hit and they could take top spot)
***I do believe it could go either way with 1 and 2 in this division if both hit.  Both have strong routines.
Underdog: Eastside and Alexander

AAAAA
Previous Champ: Houston
2013 Favorite: McIntosh or Northgate
Could Also Win it: Houston
Underdog: Effingham

AAAAAA
Previous Champ: Lambert
2013 Favorite: South Forsyth
Could Also Win it: UMMMMMMM ANYBODY hahaha j/k, Johns Creek, Kennessaw, West Forsyth
Underdog: This division doesn't have an underdog!!

Co-Ed
Previous Champ: Ola
2013 Favorite: PTR
Could Also Win it: Ola
Underdog: Chestatee

And there you have it!  Looking forward to a great weeked!

I was pretty close to my prediction...the one I was way off on was AA.  Didn't have much info on that one...
-This post is purely the opinion of Cheerknowledge and that of no one else and is not by any means influenced by any one person, team, or location.

Offline Cheermom62

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Cheermom62 is new.
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2013, 01:24:22 AM »
Had a rough region day, this is true. However, had many injuries and hospital stays to overcome. Those girls and the girls in their region all go at it with their whole hearts. Placing 4th last year and 3rd this year is a huge accomplishment and even if we don't have a "strong" region our scores are consistent with our personal progress and that is really, truly how you build a great competition squad. Congrats to the Mustangs and their coaches, I am a proud parent of one of these girls and know my daughter's body...and her 3 teeth she got knocked out at practice are very happy with the teams accomplishments. Hopefully we will continue to grow and get better and better, our middle school were 3-peat champions this year and 11 of those girls are 8th graders so we have an amazing "feeder program"! I can not wait to see what the future holds for SEHS competition cheerleading as well as the other teams in our region, who work just as hard. I have read many posts on here and had to just not say anything but this time, I just had to. P.S. I LOVE that we have 16 girls on the mat.

I agree with you about the future of South Georgia cheerleading. The north Georgia teams are not the only talent in this state. Call us underdogs if you will, but that opinion is changing. 

cheerfreak5678

« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2013, 04:28:33 PM »
Just for the record West Laurens had 16 girls 4 stunt groups 5 one mans and no falls (Friday or Saturday)- were they as entertaining as Veterans or Carrollton - maybe not but they did not have any falls and by the way had an alternate that had never competed until Friday because of an injury last week.   Just saying there are other teams besides the top four finishers that deserve to be recognized.

Offline cheerga94

• cheerga94 is new.
« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2013, 10:34:47 PM »
Just for the record West Laurens had 16 girls 4 stunt groups 5 one mans and no falls (Friday or Saturday)- were they as entertaining as Veterans or Carrollton - maybe not but they did not have any falls and by the way had an alternate that had never competed until Friday because of an injury last week.   Just saying there are other teams besides the top four finishers that deserve to be recognized.

they could be great in a few years in the work on their technique. they really lacked it in a lot of areas.

cheerfreak5678

« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2013, 08:22:45 AM »
I wasn't asking for more critisim - they got enough of that from the judges - I was going by earlier post that someone wrote saying only one or two teams had 16 girls - I think I acknowleged they were not perfect but there are other teams that exist besides the ones that are top 4, and hey they are getting there. It was a victory for them they made it to finals and improved their scores a lot this year.   On another note I do think there should be a set number on the floor for everybody, WL barely was able to scrape together enough girls to have 16 and two alternates,  then you see teams with 15 on the floor, five alternates and a whole JV squad.  Just don't understand GHSA not doing seeing this as a problem. 

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2013, 09:21:28 AM »

I wasn't asking for more critisim - they got enough of that from the judges - I was going by earlier post that someone wrote saying only one or two teams had 16 girls - I think I acknowleged they were not perfect but there are other teams that exist besides the ones that are top 4, and hey they are getting there. It was a victory for them they made it to finals and improved their scores a lot this year.   On another note I do think there should be a set number on the floor for everybody, WL barely was able to scrape together enough girls to have 16 and two alternates,  then you see teams with 15 on the floor, five alternates and a whole JV squad.  Just don't understand GHSA not doing seeing this as a problem.

Point blank-AMEN!

Should be a set number, it's tough to see teams lose when they have an extra stunt out there because it honestly makes it a tougher routine. Not to take away from the winners but it is a problem.

Coaches are being left with the moral decision of placing sixteen on the floor for maximum participation or going with less to win. Not fair to the coach or kids.

Offline cheerga94

• cheerga94 is new.
« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2013, 05:22:53 PM »

Point blank-AMEN!

Should be a set number, it's tough to see teams lose when they have an extra stunt out there because it honestly makes it a tougher routine. Not to take away from the winners but it is a problem.

Coaches are being left with the moral decision of placing sixteen on the floor for maximum participation or going with less to win. Not fair to the coach or kids.

I wouldn't mind if the number was set at 15. I love the look of 16 but having the 3 extra girls could be a really good thing.

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines