April 18, 2024, 01:00:56 PM

Ga Cheerleading Vent

Author Topic: Proper Cheer Discipline?  (Read 7896 times)

Offline cheermom31209

• Reputation Power: 0
  • cheermom31209 is new.
Proper Cheer Discipline?
« on: November 16, 2013, 11:55:19 AM »
I noticed that several teams didn't perform like usual at sectionals.  I asked around and found some interesting facts.  Several teams were performing without their normal team.  Some with alternates and some without replacing girls.  The reason was because of cheerleaders not attending mandatory practice the week of Sectionals and State.  What should the punishment of these girls be?  What is fair?

tams

Re: Proper Cheer Discipline?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2013, 02:27:23 PM »
There is no punishment for them, the ones that are punished and suffer the most are the dedicated members...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline cheermom31209

• cheermom31209 is new.
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2013, 03:25:35 PM »
should the girls that let the teams down have a punishment other than not participating at State?

Offline OnThisDayIseeClearly

• Reputation Power: 2
  • OnThisDayIseeClearly is new.
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2013, 05:05:16 PM »
should the girls that let the teams down have a punishment other than not participating at State?

What's troublesome to me is having girls on a competition squad who (based upon your post) apparently didn't show up without a valid reason.  I understand WHY they were not allowed to compete, but as someone else said, the only people punished were those who cared.

I would submit running laps or some sort of physical activity would be more appropriate.  I'd also warn them that future disobedience could lead to not be allowed to try out for competition again.  Punishing the many for the actions of a few isn't productive.

Offline cheermom31209

• cheermom31209 is new.
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2013, 10:21:09 PM »
I can't even began to think of what a proper punishment should be.  Taking them out of the routine at state hurts the team not them.  If they didn't care enough to come to practice then they probably don't care about competition. 

Offline OnThisDayIseeClearly

• Reputation Power: 2
  • OnThisDayIseeClearly is new.
You're right..
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2013, 11:32:57 PM »
I can't even began to think of what a proper punishment should be.  Taking them out of the routine at state hurts the team not them.  If they didn't care enough to come to practice then they probably don't care about competition. 

I was just thinking.  If they cheer for any game squad team, suspend them from that and say they're not allowed to attend. 

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines