March 28, 2024, 04:11:18 PM

Ga Cheerleading Vent

Author Topic: AAAAA State Results  (Read 13165 times)

10 years and counting

AAAAA State Results
« on: November 17, 2013, 01:44:51 PM »
Anybody have any scores on AAAAA finals? 

McIntosh
Houston County
Effingham
Lee
Northgate ????
Union Grove ????

Offline cheerub

• Reputation Power: 0
  • cheerub is new.
Re: AAAAA State Results
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2013, 03:48:06 PM »
I do know that there were 4 points separating the 3rd and 2nd place teams, and 7 points separating 3rd and 1st place. There was 1 point separating 3rd and 4th. I've been an Effingham fan for a while now and was so very happy for them! It's nice seeing teams who are excited about their performance and placement, as opposed to teams that don't even get up to get their 2nd place trophy.....won't say names, but I thought that was awful. There are many teams who would gladly take that position. Everyone wants to win, but part of being a true winner is being gracious even when you don't. (End of rant)  :)

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2013, 03:59:39 PM »

I do know that there were 4 points separating the 3rd and 2nd place teams, and 7 points separating 3rd and 1st place. There was 1 point separating 3rd and 4th. I've been an Effingham fan for a while now and was so very happy for them! It's nice seeing teams who are excited about their performance and placement, as opposed to teams that don't even get up to get their 2nd place trophy.....won't say names, but I thought that was awful. There are many teams who would gladly take that position. Everyone wants to win, but part of being a true winner is being gracious even when you don't. (End of rant)  :)

I agree - it's very tough too! When they get to final two there are four teams remaining and you are hoping and praying they don't call your name for the two slot and when they do you realize your dream was let go of. I can only imagine the emotion. For some teams it's an expectation to win for others the highlight of just being on the mat is an experience itself.

I completely agree and understand your point. I just try to see what that 20 seconds is like for thee girls where they might think they are about to win and it's pulled right from them. In that moment I'm sure there are thousands of emotions going through them. Standing up going crazy is probably a very tough emotion to just bring out when you dream about something all season.

:)
-This post is purely the opinion of Cheerknowledge and that of no one else and is not by any means influenced by any one person, team, or location.

Offline cheerub

• cheerub is new.
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2013, 04:02:08 PM »
Yes, you're right!! And they ARE kids, after all. Thanks for adding that perspective!!

CheerCoach2012

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2013, 05:50:26 PM »
I had a huge post ready to send and my phone died.

But I'll save time and just say this.

As a competitor, getting second is harder than any place. Especially being a defending champion and coming oh so close to winning again. Ask Northgates seniors last year. Ask Houston's This year.  Ask effinghams juniors where they want to be next year at state? I guarantee you they won't be happy with 4th with the talent they have. Anytime you get worse than the previous year it's hard. Going from 1st to second is hard. Getting a trophy to remind you of your loss, doesn't really make me happy to go get it. You don't care. I know that lots of teams would have been just pleased with second. But once you win one your not satisfied with anything less.

With that said I know those Houston girls came around to realizing what they had accomplished this year. 2nd in the toughest division in my opinion is not too shabby.  It sucks for those seniors hoping to go back to back on their way out.

I was super excited to see the underdogs step up this year. Here's to better competition next season. Congrats to Mcintosh for a long deserved win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vicki

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2013, 06:20:22 PM »
Well said! Each of us parents that have an opinion forget that each team member spends countless days and hours getting ready for the competition season and State. As a mother of a daughter on a team that has been in first place, it is hard to see the girls work so hard and walk away dissapointed, especially the Seniors.
So many are quick to analyze each team and forget that there are girl and guys on every team that are just as deserving as the next.

Offline cheerub

• cheerub is new.
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2013, 07:46:17 PM »
As a former cheerleader myself, I can remember how incredible it was to win, and how heart breaking it was NOT to win. Regardless of results, Georgia has THE toughest competitive programs and in my opinion, 5A is THE most competitive of them all. I think that we aw the best of the best yesterday, hands down.

ckcheermom

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2013, 09:49:30 PM »
What did everyone think if Lee County's pyramid??  I was so impressed!  It was so creative and fun to watch!!  I loved it!  If love to find a video of them at state and watch it again!

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2013, 10:07:23 PM »
Fast forward to the 2:30 mark

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iW65cUQlRjk
-This post is purely the opinion of Cheerknowledge and that of no one else and is not by any means influenced by any one person, team, or location.

10 years and counting

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2013, 10:12:24 PM »
http://youtu.be/hhTtyhm2WWc

This is the region video for Lee County.  You can see the pyramid here.  No state video yet.

Offline cheernerd10

• cheernerd10 is new.
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2013, 10:17:00 PM »
I'm guessing Northgates bust took them from 1st or 2nd to 5th or 6th?

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2013, 10:19:09 PM »
I'm guessing Northgates bust took them from 1st or 2nd to 5th or 6th?

sixth

Offline cheernerd10

• cheernerd10 is new.
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2013, 10:23:19 PM »
That is something serious and Union Grove with a drop at 5th. Both teams must have been awesome because I heard Allatoona, Northside-Columbus, and Starr's Mill all hit.

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2013, 10:31:16 PM »
That is something serious and Union Grove with a drop at 5th. Both teams must have been awesome because I heard Allatoona, Northside-Columbus, and Starr's Mill all hit.

They did....AAAAA was just nuts

Offline cheernerd10

• cheernerd10 is new.
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2013, 10:32:50 PM »
Hands down the hardest division in the state, I'm not sure coaching in it would keep me sane.

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines