April 25, 2024, 12:38:13 PM

Ga Cheerleading Vent

Author Topic: State Thoughts  (Read 11629 times)

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
State Thoughts
« on: November 17, 2013, 08:51:32 PM »
Was just going to open this thread up and see if anyone had any thoughts from state.

Outcomes, upsets, suprises, event in general

-This post is purely the opinion of Cheerknowledge and that of no one else and is not by any means influenced by any one person, team, or location.

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
Re: State Thoughts
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2013, 08:53:12 PM »
One thought I have for now is how impressed I was with the AAAAA and AAAAAA teams.  Many of these teams seemed prepared for the day and it was so fun to watch as right there in the middle of the sessions, it was packed with teams hitting back to back to back.  I was just thinking to myself how I would just hate to be a judge that day.

HATS OFF TO MCINOTOSH and LAMBERT PULLING OUT THE WINS IN TWO OF THE TOUGHEST DIVISIONS!
-This post is purely the opinion of Cheerknowledge and that of no one else and is not by any means influenced by any one person, team, or location.

vicki

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2013, 09:04:05 PM »
I would love to see them! Has anyone found videos of State yet?

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2013, 09:06:01 PM »
VIDEO OF MCINTOSH - Warning Lots of extremely excited parents hahaha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzt06t0ax1Y

Impressed with extremely how sharp and solid!!

Offline cheernerd10

• Reputation Power: 0
  • cheernerd10 is new.
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2013, 10:10:56 PM »
Its true, AAAAA and AAAAAA are the hardest and most entertaining divisions to compete in. Moral of the story, if you don't full you don't have a chance in those divisions. Also Region 4 AAAAA and Region 6AAAAAA held onto the top spots at state. Good Job ladies!

Offline cheerga94

• Reputation Power: 1
  • cheerga94 is new.
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2013, 11:30:38 PM »
Was really upset for Cartersville! Not sure if they would have won or anything if they hit but they lost last year because of a fall. Just broke my heart!

Heart broke for Carrollton as well. They are good people!

REALLY expected Johns Creek to come out and nail it. Shows that anything can happen no matter the talent.

Offline OnThisDayIseeClearly

• Reputation Power: 2
  • OnThisDayIseeClearly is new.
Something I noticed that bothered me..
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2013, 12:58:11 AM »
Two things really.  One, there seems to be too much sameness in parts of routines.  I was there for morning session.  It seems like everyone did the tick-tock on their pyramid, tons of people did the middle person pyramid flip, some of the stunts seemed the same.  I just didn't sense a lot of uniqueness.  Not blaming the squads because I'm sure they're trying to fit into the rubric. 

Which brings me to my second concern.  I saw at least some squads only doing one kind of jump, then going for extra tumbling passes.  Why require jumps if a squad is only going to do one kind?  It seems like some of the other aspects of cheerleading are being ignored for tumbling and it bothers me.

By the way, have I mentioned how much I hated the rubric?   >:(

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2013, 09:33:01 AM »
Two things really.  One, there seems to be too much sameness in parts of routines.  I was there for morning session.  It seems like everyone did the tick-tock on their pyramid, tons of people did the middle person pyramid flip, some of the stunts seemed the same.  I just didn't sense a lot of uniqueness.  Not blaming the squads because I'm sure they're trying to fit into the rubric. 

Which brings me to my second concern.  I saw at least some squads only doing one kind of jump, then going for extra tumbling passes.  Why require jumps if a squad is only going to do one kind?  It seems like some of the other aspects of cheerleading are being ignored for tumbling and it bothers me.

I do see what your saying but I see a lot of differences in routines.  The things you talk about are because that is what the rubric makes teams do.  It doesn't leave a lot of routine for entries and dismounts because there are certain things you have to do to get credit.

I saw many variations with transitions and order of stunts, different pyramids, different tumbling variations, different two mans, etc etc.

So I see it being different but who does the required entries and dismounts the best!  Also, what they do it to.

Offline OnThisDayIseeClearly

• Reputation Power: 2
  • OnThisDayIseeClearly is new.
You mentioned partner stunts
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2013, 10:15:05 PM »

I do see what your saying but I see a lot of differences in routines.  The things you talk about are because that is what the rubric makes teams do.  It doesn't leave a lot of routine for entries and dismounts because there are certain things you have to do to get credit.

I saw many variations with transitions and order of stunts, different pyramids, different tumbling variations, different two mans, etc etc.

So I see it being different but who does the required entries and dismounts the best!  Also, what they do it to.

Seems like I saw several squads doing two-man liberty stunts.  Several 360 switchups.  I get that some things are required by the rubric.  But I really think it limits creativity. 

Offline cheerga94

• cheerga94 is new.
Re: You mentioned partner stunts
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2013, 10:33:56 PM »

Seems like I saw several squads doing two-man liberty stunts.  Several 360 switchups.  I get that some things are required by the rubric.  But I really think it limits creativity.

I think we need to have a difficulty factor on the scoresheet. a tick tock and switch up should not be scored the same.

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2013, 09:49:17 AM »
both are equally hard depending on what you are pulling it from.  By the way, there is no "tick-tock" on the score sheet.  What you are referring to is a low to high.  For some reason, they are identifying it by a tick tock and that is not the case at all.  A tick tock is a free standing extended stunt that switches feet and stays at the extended position.

One area that needs to change is the 7-8 in the pyramid difficulty.  That is subjective.  If everywhere on the scoresheet is point black, why leave that subjective.  that is 3 points difference.  Could be a W or L if you ask me.

cheermom24

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2013, 11:34:38 AM »
Here is Veterans link to their video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3vioO1XSlI

Enjoy

Offline cheerga94

• cheerga94 is new.
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2013, 05:27:27 PM »
both are equally hard depending on what you are pulling it from.  By the way, there is no "tick-tock" on the score sheet.  What you are referring to is a low to high.  For some reason, they are identifying it by a tick tock and that is not the case at all.  A tick tock is a free standing extended stunt that switches feet and stays at the extended position.

One area that needs to change is the 7-8 in the pyramid difficulty.  That is subjective.  If everywhere on the scoresheet is point black, why leave that subjective.  that is 3 points difference.  Could be a W or L if you ask me.

I've always been taught that at as "low to high" tick tock and released at the top is a "high to high" tick tock and of course it all depends.  A quarter turn switch up to scorpion should be scored higher than a tick tock to lib. Same with full ups. A full up to lib is more difficult than a full up to extension.

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines