March 28, 2024, 05:11:19 PM

Ga Cheerleading Vent

Author Topic: BREAKING NEWS: Final Enrollment Numbers  (Read 16316 times)

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
BREAKING NEWS: Final Enrollment Numbers
« on: November 18, 2013, 12:45:12 PM »
Here is the pdf file for the final enrollment numbers for classifications.

The next deadline is Dec 2 for requesting the permission to play up a division.  Dec 3 region alignments will be posted.   

http://www.ghsa.net/sites/default/files/documents/reclassification/2014-16_Reclassification_Classes.pdf
-This post is purely the opinion of Cheerknowledge and that of no one else and is not by any means influenced by any one person, team, or location.

Offline cheerga94

• Reputation Power: 1
  • cheerga94 is new.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Final Enrollment Numbers
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2013, 09:53:38 PM »
Excited to see Cartersville, Whitewater, Northside, and North Oconee in 4A!

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2013, 10:53:56 PM »

It definitely will be extremely competitive!
-This post is purely the opinion of Cheerknowledge and that of no one else and is not by any means influenced by any one person, team, or location.

Offline cheerga94

• Reputation Power: 1
  • cheerga94 is new.
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2013, 11:31:57 PM »

It definitely will be extremely competitive!

So Columbus, Carrollton, Cartersville, Crisp County, Locust Grove, Eastside, Northside, North Oconee, Veterans, West Laurens, Whitewater. WOW.

CheerCoach2012

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2013, 07:08:17 AM »
Finally would be worth watching! Not taking anything away from veterens this year but when Carrollton and Columbus dropped they basically have veterens the trophy. There hasn't been a strong 6 team feild the last couple a years to make it cuthroat as 5aand 6a

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Cheer2013

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Cheer2013 is new.
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2013, 09:06:18 AM »

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2013, 09:18:11 AM »
It's important to note cheercoach has no affiliation with Columbus or Carrollton. I don't want you thinking it is coming from those teams since that is who he pointed out.

In fact I was happy to see the sportsmanship from Carrollton and Columbus following he victory by veterans. Both teams went over and congratulated girls. Shows good coaching in hard times.

Again, I just wanted to point that out before you thought it was a direct attack from those schools because this is not the case. Don't need schools hating each other.

On the other hand, it is his/her opinion so I will allow you to discuss!

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2013, 09:24:50 AM »

Finally would be worth watching! Not taking anything away from veterens this year but when Carrollton and Columbus dropped they basically have veterens the trophy. There hasn't been a strong 6 team feild the last couple a years to make it cuthroat as 5aand 6a

The better way to phrase this might be, "in my opinion Carrollton and Columbus had a harder routine and when they dropped it gave Veterans a big door to walk through"

That might spawn a better discussion rather than saying they handed it to them.

That's not my opinion-I'm just saying.

Offline Cheer2013

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Cheer2013 is new.
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2013, 09:29:54 AM »
Please note-being a moderator I have access to where people are posting from based of of IP addresses. It's important to note cheercoach has no affiliation with Columbus or Carrollton. I don't want you thinking it is coming from those teams since that is who he pointed out.

In fact I was happy to see the sportsmanship from Carrollton and Columbus following he victory by veterans. Both teams went over and congratulated girls. Shows good coaching in hard times.

Again, I just wanted to point that out before you thought it was a direct attack from those schools because this is not the case. Don't need schools hating each other.

On the other hand, it is his/her opinion so I will allow you to discuss!

I agree with you 100%, I was very impressed as well by the sportsmanship from Carrollton and Columbus.  I actually took pictures of Columbus walking around other teams to come over to congratulate Veterans.  Made me cry all over again!!  I never thought the post came from either of those 2 teams, I think I know exactly which team (from another classification), but out of respect for girls on that team, I would NEVER say who I think it is.  It really doesn't matter, ALL that matters is we all support each other win or lose!!  I'm very proud of that team as well and their accomplishments, they were amazing!!! 

ckcheermom

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2013, 10:31:48 AM »
The better way to phrase this might be, "in my opinion Carrollton and Columbus had a harder routine and when they dropped it gave Veterans a big door to walk through"

I know you said that's not your opinion, but wouldn't that be just as controversial?  Veterans maxed out and had plenty of difficulty.  No other team in 4A through a standing full (I don't mean handspring full, I mean a true standing full) and our stunts and pyramid were just as difficult if not more difficult!  I have tried so hard not to be negative at all towards any teams. It's hard when your team is belittled and in a round about way saying their championship wasn't deserved. So frustrating!

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2013, 10:35:39 AM »

I know you said that's not your opinion, but wouldn't that be just as controversial?  Veterans maxed out and had plenty of difficulty.  No other team in 4A through a standing full (I don't mean handspring full, I mean a true standing full) and our stunts and pyramid were just as difficult if not more difficult!  I have tried so hard not to be negative at all towards any teams. It's hard when your team is belittled and in a round about way saying their championship wasn't deserved. So frustrating!

Sorry you must of mis-interpreted what I did above.  I was showing that poster how he/she could have phrased what THEY said.  That was not me in any way.  I agree with your statement about Veterans, no disagreeing here.  I was trying to show a better example.  I do see where you think that could be controversial but considering his post, I thought that was the best way possible to state what he/she was saying without saying they handed it to them.

Considering it is a forum, opinions and controversy can exist and sometimes encouraged in a funny little way.

As cheerknowledge, I believe the correct winner was chosen for 4A.

ckcheermom

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2013, 11:07:07 AM »
My frustrations aren't with you Cheerknowledge and I'm sorry if it came off that way. I just know that some of our cheerleaders read this board and I would hate for them to think their championship wasn't deserved. Saying the only reason they won was because Columbus and Carrollton had a drop was uncalled for. My wish (and I truly mean this) is for every team to hit their routine so that the best team wins!  Veterans didn't have a flawless routine either with the 5 point deduction but we still won.

I want to also thank you for all your insights and positive support for all the teams in all divisions. And I know there will be some controversial remarks...but personal attacks on specific teams is, to me, taking it to a different level. I don't hide who I am or which team I pull for.  I'm not ashamed!

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2013, 11:24:48 AM »
My frustrations aren't with you Cheerknowledge and I'm sorry if it came off that way. I just know that some of our cheerleaders read this board and I would hate for them to think their championship wasn't deserved. Saying the only reason they won was because Columbus and Carrollton had a drop was uncalled for. My wish (and I truly mean this) is for every team to hit their routine so that the best team wins!  Veterans didn't have a flawless routine either with the 5 point deduction but we still won.

I want to also thank you for all your insights and positive support for all the teams in all divisions. And I know there will be some controversial remarks...but personal attacks on specific teams is, to me, taking it to a different level. I don't hide who I am or which team I pull for.  I'm not ashamed!

Very well said.

Personal attacks on specific teams should be avoided and as a moderator, will delete if found.

10 years and counting

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2013, 11:38:44 AM »
I know it is frustrating to be an underdog and competing with teams with reputations.  Lots of times, elite teams are looked at as the better team because of the reputation and it is easy to say that the building team or underdog made it because of other's mistakes.  But part of the thrill of victory is the score sheet and knowing what you did.  Forget where the other teams placed.  Wins and meeting goals creates momentum.  My opinion is that cheerleaders not come to this site if they don't have tough skin, but there is no better feeling than reaching a goal that no one else thought you could meet, BUT girls cause drama and like to be in the 'know.'. If they don't relay information to their teammates positively, confidence becomes a problem.  Girls fighting for leadership status on their team, many times use comments wrong.

CheerCoach2012

« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2013, 05:15:56 PM »
By no means did I say that veterens did not deserve to win. They went out and did what they had to do to win. I was simply stating that their has not been consistent competition in 4a for the last couple of years. When both Carrollton and Columbus dropped it basically gave veterens the trophy in the event that they hit. (Which all teams strive to do. ) where as in 5a or 6a where a you are consistently battling 7 teams that hit almost perfect routines and 1 bobble would take you from 1st to sixth.

I'm just stating that competition is not as strong in 4a. I apologize if I offended any veterens people. By no means did I want them to feel as if they did not earn their win. I'm proud of those girls.

Now that the enrollments have come in I was just stating that should whitewater and Columbus northside move down it would give more competition in that division and make it more enjoyable to watch.

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines