April 16, 2024, 09:02:24 AM

Ga Cheerleading Vent

Author Topic: BREAKING NEWS: Final Enrollment Numbers  (Read 17681 times)

Offline Cheer2013

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Cheer2013 is new.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Final Enrollment Numbers
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2013, 08:22:36 PM »
By no means did I say that veterens did not deserve to win. They went out and did what they had to do to win. I was simply stating that their has not been consistent competition in 4a for the last couple of years. When both Carrollton and Columbus dropped it basically gave veterens the trophy in the event that they hit. (Which all teams strive to do. ) where as in 5a or 6a where a you are consistently battling 7 teams that hit almost perfect routines and 1 bobble would take you from 1st to sixth.

I'm just stating that competition is not as strong in 4a. I apologize if I offended any veterens people. By no means did I want them to feel as if they did not earn their win. I'm proud of those girls.

Now that the enrollments have come in I was just stating that should whitewater and Columbus northside move down it would give more competition in that division and make it more enjoyable to watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your exact comment "Finally would be worth watching!" is an insult to ALL teams in 4A, not just Veterans!!  There are other good teams in 4A besides the 3 you mentioned.   Every single team in 4A works hard throughout the season and are WORTH watching!!  I agree with you that the competition is tougher in 5A and 6A, but that's no reason to belittle 4A.   

Considering this is only the 4th year Veterans has been open, I think their success over the last couple of years is pretty amazing in itself.   Definitely not taking anything away from any other school in 4A!  I wish every single school in every classification the best and want each and every one of them to be successful every time they hit the floor.  The most important thing we as parents and coaches can teach our children is to be proud of their accomplishments whether they win or lose!!! 

I can honestly say I was pulling for your team, because I know several of the girls on that team.  They should be proud (as I know they are) of their accomplishments this year, they performed amazingly at State!!   

CheerCoach2012

BREAKING NEWS: Final Enrollment Numbers
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2013, 08:46:43 PM »

Your exact comment "Finally would be worth watching!" is an insult to ALL teams in 4A, not just Veterans!!  There are other good teams in 4A besides the 3 you mentioned.   Every single team in 4A works hard throughout the season and are WORTH watching!!  I agree with you that the competition is tougher in 5A and 6A, but that's no reason to belittle 4A.   

Considering this is only the 4th year Veterans has been open, I think their success over the last couple of years is pretty amazing in itself.   Definitely not taking anything away from any other school in 4A!  I wish every single school in every classification the best and want each and every one of them to be successful every time they hit the floor.  The most important thing we as parents and coaches can teach our children is to be proud of their accomplishments whether they win or lose!!! 

I can honestly say I was pulling for your team, because I know several of the girls on that team.  They should be proud (as I know they are) of their accomplishments this year, they performed amazingly at State!!   

I never said individual teams were not worth watching. I said the division as a whole. Every girl every coach works extremely hard to be where they are at. I completely agree with you. Instead of taking the comment personally look at it from the angle of a in biased spectator. If you go to another sporting event and watch a team that is extremely talented go against a team that isn't as talented and a blowout ensues. It is not fun to watch. Anybody who is a fan of sports and competitiveness wants to see everyone on a level playing feild where you have to put out your best to win. The top three in your division are heads and tails above the majority of the rest of 4a. That's great they have worked hard. But can you not agree that there haven't been anybody else that has been on your same level. Veterens has done amazing things and I also want them to do well as I work with some of them as well.

Again this isn't about an individual team it's about the level of competition. So like an SEC team going against a Mac school it's not fun to watch unless you a fan of the big boys. I'm all for the David vs Goliath sports story but in cheer it's different with the way the rubric is set up. If you don't have the skills you can't really compete. Veterens Columbus and Carrollton all have the skills to match up with the 5a and 6a schools. But they are in 4a not that it's their fault.

I like tight competition. Since you know who I am I would love for us to continue this talk in person. I do not mean  to be offensive. It's just my opinion on a division that I feel is not as competitive as i like. I appreciate you wanting my team to win as this county needs to be supportive of each other.

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2013, 09:49:26 PM »
Both of you are arguing rhea points. I do see where cheercoach is coming from on a biased spectator standpoint. While the other teams are working hard-you can see a major difference in talent and coaching with the top tier teams.

Ok not trying to put my foot in the argument, just playing devils advocate I guess haha.
-This post is purely the opinion of Cheerknowledge and that of no one else and is not by any means influenced by any one person, team, or location.

CheerCoach2012

« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2013, 09:57:19 PM »
And that is all I have been trying to state. The competition will get better next year that will be fun and exciting to watch if all the movements of teams acctually happen. 5a would be losing8ing whitewater northside Columbus to 4a and lee and effingham would move up to 6a.

Offline cheerga94

• Reputation Power: 1
  • cheerga94 is new.
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2013, 11:27:15 PM »
By no means did I say that veterens did not deserve to win. They went out and did what they had to do to win. I was simply stating that their has not been consistent competition in 4a for the last couple of years. When both Carrollton and Columbus dropped it basically gave veterens the trophy in the event that they hit. (Which all teams strive to do. ) where as in 5a or 6a where a you are consistently battling 7 teams that hit almost perfect routines and 1 bobble would take you from 1st to sixth.

I'm just stating that competition is not as strong in 4a. I apologize if I offended any veterens people. By no means did I want them to feel as if they did not earn their win. I'm proud of those girls.

Now that the enrollments have come in I was just stating that should whitewater and Columbus northside move down it would give more competition in that division and make it more enjoyable to watch.

I am pretty sure Veterans had the highest raw score if i am not mistaken. Even if Columbus had hit they didn't max out so they probably would've placed 3rd.

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2013, 11:53:27 PM »

Right. Veterens had a 279 raw and a 5 pt deduction. A score of 274 won state by I believe 10 Pts between 1st and second. Which furthers my case in that the division in its entirety is not very competitive. Which is why I am excited to see the realignments.

It was actually 5 points from 1st and 2nd then 5 points from 3rd as well. After this the drop off is considerably large.
-This post is purely the opinion of Cheerknowledge and that of no one else and is not by any means influenced by any one person, team, or location.

Offline cheermom31209

• Reputation Power: 0
  • cheermom31209 is new.
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2013, 10:02:17 AM »
Wow, I am late to the conversation!  I totally see what everyone is saying and both sides of the story!  Bottom line is it is a COMPETITION!  All the girls worked so hard leading up to State!  Of course, it hurts bad when something goes wrong in your routine and the loss of points causes another team to gain the advantage.  The winner totally deserved STATE.  Was there routine better?  Who cares, they pulled it off, hence the word COMPETITION! 

With the changes in the divisions next year, we will see some of the smaller teams improving to compete with the larger teams!  I think every division is about to get better!  Good luck to all teams as they wind down and began working of tryouts for next year! 

Can't wait! ;)

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2013, 10:06:51 AM »
Wow, I am late to the conversation!  I totally see what everyone is saying and both sides of the story!  Bottom line is it is a COMPETITION!  All the girls worked so hard leading up to State!  Of course, it hurts bad when something goes wrong in your routine and the loss of points causes another team to gain the advantage.  The winner totally deserved STATE.  Was there routine better?  Who cares, they pulled it off, hence the word COMPETITION! 

With the changes in the divisions next year, we will see some of the smaller teams improving to compete with the larger teams!  I think every division is about to get better!  Good luck to all teams as they wind down and began working of tryouts for next year! 

Can't wait! ;)

Well said....that is why we compete!

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines