March 28, 2024, 04:02:07 PM

Ga Cheerleading Vent

Author Topic: Region hosting locations  (Read 15020 times)

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
Region hosting locations
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2013, 04:05:11 PM »
Bottom line-competing with 16 is more difficult than 15 or less because an entire main stunt group or basket is required. Changes the landscape.

I get the argument of two mans. I'm fine with it being 5 legit two mans. However, your leaving out the 4 vs 3 groups in stunts and baskets.

That's 4 additional people you have to coach up to the same level rather than just stacking 3 groups with your best stunters and 3 tops with 3 people left over to stand.

Clear advantage.
-This post is purely the opinion of Cheerknowledge and that of no one else and is not by any means influenced by any one person, team, or location.

Offline OnThisDayIseeClearly

• Reputation Power: 2
  • OnThisDayIseeClearly is new.
Re: Region hosting locations
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2013, 05:51:08 PM »
I have to argue in the opposite direction to say that I wish the state championships would be broken down to several smaller events around the state in order that the money would remain closer to the schools that put so much into the sport.  I feel that GHSA positions itself to take advantage of the ability to dictate the locations thus the money of any sport's state championship.  I see this in all sports that are able to generate serious revenue, and my understanding is that cheerleading is 2nd in money generated for GHSA only to football due to the State Championship being held as it is.  This money could be used more effectively at a local level by the schools than by a corporate organization like GHSA.  The football competition format is constantly changing due to this issue and the considerable power which their coaches and school administrators have demonstrated to keep the revenue for more games at the school level.  I would love to see a group of schools hosting a division of the state championship at a local arena and sharing the revenue, or maybe even spreading it to all schools that attend!  This is real money. 

In the past, state used to be in Macon.  I'd love to see it back there.  It's a central location.   Honestly though, I think there's way too many special interests that are determined to keep state where it is.

Offline cheergirl11

• Reputation Power: 0
  • cheergirl11 is new.
Re: The problem is...
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2014, 12:32:08 AM »
Yeah I talked with a coach in AA And in running tumbling at sectionals they scored a 5in Dod but at state with the same passes and no touches had a 2. It's sad that teams lose or don't score what they put out because of inconsistent judging. It's the the reason why a lot of people still say it's not a sport because like our congress a lot of people are dictated by a few.

Pam carter needs to do something about this. The biases toward teams has to be squelched. The rubric also needs to be changed for 3 vs 4 stunts. You shouldn't be able to score as high with less difficulty of a routine. Or they have to add more elements to those 3 groups. But should be like the front spot rule -1 point DOD for not putting 4 groups up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some squads get benefit of the doubt because of reputation.  Like Pepprell being called to the mat last year despite dropping stunts.  As to the rubric, I think it's twisted the sport.  I have no problem with tumbling being a big part of the score.  But a squad shouldn't be able to max out tumbling scores, max out partner stunt scores despite a low DoD and win state.  They shouldn't be able to win with 12 or 15 girls just because it's easier to have squad standing tucks when your squad is smaller.

dropping stunts is apparently what gets you a state title...(AA)

Offline OnThisDayIseeClearly

• Reputation Power: 2
  • OnThisDayIseeClearly is new.
Sad to say..
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2014, 11:39:21 PM »
dropping stunts is apparently what gets you a state title...(AA)

But you're right.  What's even sadder is that no one benefits from it.

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines