March 28, 2024, 04:22:49 AM

Ga Cheerleading Vent

Author Topic: New Schedule of Sanctioned Events  (Read 5160 times)

Offline UPro Media

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • UPro Media is new.
New Schedule of Sanctioned Events
« on: May 15, 2014, 01:56:09 PM »
The new schedule of sanctioned events is out for all to view.  Go to http://www.ghsa.net/sanctioned-events

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
Re: New Schedule of Sanctioned Events
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2014, 10:59:05 PM »
Thanks for posting!!
-This post is purely the opinion of Cheerknowledge and that of no one else and is not by any means influenced by any one person, team, or location.

DoubleBack

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2014, 11:48:00 AM »
Which of these events are the better ones to attend? Why? 
What makes a great event?  What makes a bad event? 

Offline OnThisDayIseeClearly

• Reputation Power: 2
  • OnThisDayIseeClearly is new.
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2014, 07:32:24 PM »
Which of these events are the better ones to attend? Why? 
What makes a great event?  What makes a bad event? 

Since I don't know where you live and what kind of travel time you'd be willing to put in, these are some of the things that I think makes a great event.  A facility big enough to hold folks.  Having a good place for squads to warm up (plus giving them time to do so.)  People to help.  Being able to keep the rotation moving (IE: not having a squad stand there for five minutes while judge tally scores.)  A good sound system and good air conditioning are important for both athletes and fans.

Planning is a key in my view.  Because you can come up with a schedule, but it probably won't stay.  You have to allow for the unexpected.  I've been to competitions where there would be a middle and high school division.  They'd try to space them two hours apart with ten middle school squads, plus a jump and lib off.  That's not fair to anyone.  What makes a bad event?  To me, even if it's well ran, any competition held inside a gym too small, even if it's well ran, isn't good.  I get it, squads need the money.  But it's not fair to squads, nor their supporters, to have four divisions with eight or nine schools each if your gym can only hold 600 people.

That and competitions that are poorly planned are ones that I think aren't good.  If you're interested in specific events, give a general area of where you're wanting to go (North, Central, South), I'm sure someone would have suggestions.

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines