March 29, 2024, 04:21:23 AM

Ga Cheerleading Vent

Author Topic: Starr's Mill Competition - Discussion  (Read 13845 times)

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
Re: Starr's Mill Competition - Discussion
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2014, 10:59:29 PM »
I've seen it. And when you do, you'll be impressed  ;)

Are you speaking of the Carrollton routine?
-This post is purely the opinion of Cheerknowledge and that of no one else and is not by any means influenced by any one person, team, or location.

Offline cheerga94

• Reputation Power: 1
  • cheerga94 is new.
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2014, 02:08:38 AM »

Veterans: Veterans showed up for the first 1/4 of their routine.  You can tell they are hiding every bit of tumbling they have so we shouldn't be surprised with a standing full from the middle girl and the three to fulls that will be added at a later time.  The impressive thing they do is the two man switch ups.  While it doesn't do anything for them on the scoresheet, it is impressive.  But also in GHSA, other things are just as good.  After the 1/4 point, it was downhill for them.  They missed a stunt on the right and and their pyramid couldn't really even form to show what it truly was.  but it does have some spins and flips.  Your typical GHSA pyramid that you see from many teams.  There were some clean parts to the routine and some sloppy parts.  Knowing the history of Veterans however, they will get better and they will improve.  The routine itself is a good routine that will be top 6 ready come November.  Outside of this I can't predict much without knowing what Cartersville and Carrollton are bringing to the mat.  Their history tells me they will threaten for the top spot again with time.  And with it being September, there is some of that left.

PERFECT example of what i was referring to with the whole degree of difficulty. I would LOVE to see a point system added to the scoresheet, meaning you get xyz amount of points for doing certain things. IMO it is crazy that 2-man switch up to stretch, full down, will score the same as straight up lib cradle on the difficulty side. I do not like that one bit. Although it would help with the overall impression. Just like an unbraced low to high should not score the same as a braced low to high.

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2014, 09:03:36 AM »
Agreed....

It's the box you in format and the fact the judges apparently have a hard time telling the difference between skills.  AKA - RUBRIC  :P
-This post is purely the opinion of Cheerknowledge and that of no one else and is not by any means influenced by any one person, team, or location.

Offline ghsacheerfan

• Reputation Power: 0
  • ghsacheerfan is new.
Re: Starr's Mill Competition?
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2014, 08:11:50 PM »
JV: Mcintosh
Coed: Mcintosh
3A: Calhoun
4A: Whitewater, Veterans, Spalding, Pike
5A: Effingham County, Northgate
6A: Woodstock, Lee County
anyone have video of effingham and Northgate?

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines