April 25, 2024, 04:07:21 AM

Ga Cheerleading Vent

Author Topic: Videos  (Read 7774 times)

Offline cheerub

• Reputation Power: 0
  • cheerub is new.
Re: Videos
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2014, 07:19:46 PM »
Wow.....what about schools that don't want theirs posted? I would be afraid to post anything of kids bc of them being minors and needing parental permission for pictures and videos.

Offline noregrets15

• Reputation Power: 1
  • noregrets15 is new.
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2014, 07:23:20 PM »
I didn't post them. I simply found them on Youtube. I can remove the post if it offends anybody. The videos are on Youtube under somebody's profile.

Offline cheerub

• Reputation Power: 0
  • cheerub is new.
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2014, 07:29:46 PM »
Sorry! Wasn't accusing you at all- i saw where they had been posted on YouTube by another poster; my concern is legalities of posting videos and pics of minors without parental consent. Schools have to get parental permission before kids' names, pictures can be published in the paper and the same goes for videos. It's a media release. I'm just saying that whoever took it upon themselves to post videos from a competition definitely needs to be aware of the legalities of this.

Offline cheerga94

• Reputation Power: 1
  • cheerga94 is new.
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2014, 10:54:45 PM »
Sorry! Wasn't accusing you at all- i saw where they had been posted on YouTube by another poster; my concern is legalities of posting videos and pics of minors without parental consent. Schools have to get parental permission before kids' names, pictures can be published in the paper and the same goes for videos. It's a media release. I'm just saying that whoever took it upon themselves to post videos from a competition definitely needs to be aware of the legalities of this.

because it's a public event, it is legal. It would be illegal if it was a commercial event or something of that source. However the school can claim copyright and have it removed.

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines