March 29, 2024, 01:45:29 AM

Ga Cheerleading Vent

Author Topic: Midway Point  (Read 6160 times)

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
Midway Point
« on: October 06, 2014, 11:46:37 PM »
We are nearing the Midway point of the cheer season.   :'(   It's crazy to think we are nearly halfway through.  As we approach this point...what are some of your thoughts so far?  Teams that have stuck out to you?  Competitions that have been wonderful or ones you are looking forward too?  It's been a quiet season on the discussion boards this year.

Good luck the rest of the way!
-This post is purely the opinion of Cheerknowledge and that of no one else and is not by any means influenced by any one person, team, or location.

Offline Cheermom

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Cheermom is new.
Re: Midway Point
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2014, 03:05:05 PM »
As far as coed, I think it will be a great match up this year with some new teams added.  McIntosh has a great track record and so does Mill Creek.  Both teams are known for being tight and having a clean routine.  Winder Barrow and Chestatee have a long history in this division though and show a lot of talant as well as so many others (Apalachee, Model, I could go on...).  No matter what, it will be fun to watch.  I've also really enjoyed watching Peachtree Ridge, Ola and of course Johns Creek as they always get the crowd going and no matter what team you came with you just can't help but stand up and cheer them on.

ckcheermom

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2014, 01:07:14 AM »
4A should be even more interesting this year with Whitewater and Cartersville joining Carrollton and Veterans as top contenders.

5A is always an exciting division!!  Effingham and Northgate have really impressed me this year!! 

As far as Coed, I was very impressed with McIntosh!!  They will definitely be one of the top teams!!

We've only done two competitions, so I haven't seen a lot of teams. I'm super excited about PTR this weekend!!

Offline cheerchamp1

• cheerchamp1 is new.
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2014, 06:37:49 AM »
How is Cartersville doing this year? I know they have been great the past two years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ckcheermom

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2014, 03:54:24 PM »
How is Cartersville doing this year? I know they have been great the past two years.

They look great!  They came in 1st this last weekend up against Carrollton. It was their first competition of the season, and I was impressed! 

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2014, 09:06:23 PM »
Great to hear!

I also agree that McIntosh is a front runner at the moment.  They have handled the mat very well this season.  They have a full 16 member squad and appear to be maxing out.  One of the only CoEd teams I have seen this early doing that.  With one month left, I am sure they will continue their push.

I was able to catch up on the Kennesaw competition through video and noticed Cartersville looked to be the only team in their division that had everything up and it also appeared that Carrollton had to walk away with deductions and a fall in a pyramid.  I think if I am not mistaken (through twitter feeds), Carrollton is back to being a full healthy team this week so it makes you wonder if they had a replacement person out there or whatever you call it.  Cartersville had a fun dance!  I thought overall they had a lot of timing issues but when you drop, and the other team stays up, it tends to lean to the team that stayed up.  I was highly impressed with Carrollton's 5 Cartwheel fulls.  Holy smokes!  Either way, with one month, left and both of the teams history, I am sure it will be great!  Carrollton always seems to be pretty consistent down the stretch in terms of competing for the top spot.  Hats off to Heritage too, they looked good as well and have come a long way.  I haven't heard much from Whitewater or Veterans since the Starr's Mill competition, but I am sure they are doing just fine.  I know whitewater didn't look nearly as good as they did at Starr's Mill the following week but again, October is a long month.

I am highly impressed this year with Effingham.  I really hope they give a run for the money in 5A.  They have such a fun routine and the girls do a wonderful job highlighting that energy.  Northgate is strong again and will be contending as well.  Their coach always has them prepared down the stretch as well.  HOCO will be talented too.  I haven't heard as much from them this season, but they do have experience.  It appears OLA has struggled a bit with the transition over to All-Girl but I am sure they will have themselves ready come November.

Mt. Paran seems to be just as strong again and they most likely will have a three-peat.  Not sure what to really say regarding public A or AA.  Coosa still has some momentum in that division but Screven seems to be sneaking up.  I expect Pierce county to be contending again considering all I have heard about their routine. 

October is a long month and a lot can happen!  I am looking forward to the competitions kicking off this week.  I know Peachtree Ridge is big and I also understand that Columbus has quite a few teams as well.  best of luck!
-This post is purely the opinion of Cheerknowledge and that of no one else and is not by any means influenced by any one person, team, or location.

Offline cheernerd10

• cheernerd10 is new.
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2014, 09:40:20 AM »
A- Commerce and Trion will battle it out all season to see who finishes first at State Finals.
Private A is hands down Mt Paran. They are awesome!

AA & AAA are tough classes to call.

AAAA- Carrollton and Veterans both have creativity and the drive to win however I feel like Whitewater and Cartersville could steal the thunder. Whitewater has dropped from 5A so they could come out on top. Pike County has potential too.

AAAAA- Northgate, as always, has the score sheet pegged. Effingham and HOCO didn't max out the last time I saw both of them but they do have good routines. HOCO is very clean. However, Union Grove and Ola both max out too and hit at the Whitewater Competition. Starr's Mill won at Whitewater and max out with a very creative routine. Northgate, Ola, Union Grove, and Starr's Mill live in the hardest 5A region with the most talent. Effingham, HOCO, Northside Columbus, and East Paulding will do well in 5A.

AAAAAA- The North Fulton/Forsyth area dominates and its sad that only 4 of these teams will make it to state. I would not want to coach in this region although the talent level is enormous. West Forsyth, South Forsyth, Johns Creek, Lambert, and Peachtree Ridge are all great. I can't even begin to think of who will win this because it will just come down to state finals day and who makes it out of region.

Coed- McIntosh is the strongest coed team at this point in the season. They are also one of the only coed teams with 16 people on the floor. While they have the talent, I feel they also have the creativity in their routine. However, if Model cleaned up they will do well along with Apalachee, Mill Creek, Chestatee, Troup, and Milton. I haven't seen much from Winder Barrow but in the end they will be great.

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2014, 10:15:09 AM »
Great post Cheernerd~Thanks for sharing 8)

Offline JustACheerFan

• JustACheerFan is new.
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2014, 11:43:38 AM »
Great to hear!

I also agree that McIntosh is a front runner at the moment.  They have handled the mat very well this season.  They have a full 16 member squad and appear to be maxing out.  One of the only CoEd teams I have seen this early doing that.  With one month left, I am sure they will continue their push.

I was able to catch up on the Kennesaw competition through video and noticed Cartersville looked to be the only team in their division that had everything up and it also appeared that Carrollton had to walk away with deductions and a fall in a pyramid.  I think if I am not mistaken (through twitter feeds), Carrollton is back to being a full healthy team this week so it makes you wonder if they had a replacement person out there or whatever you call it.  Cartersville had a fun dance!  I thought overall they had a lot of timing issues but when you drop, and the other team stays up, it tends to lean to the team that stayed up.  I was highly impressed with Carrollton's 5 Cartwheel fulls.  Holy smokes!  Either way, with one month, left and both of the teams history, I am sure it will be great!  Carrollton always seems to be pretty consistent down the stretch in terms of competing for the top spot.  Hats off to Heritage too, they looked good as well and have come a long way.  I haven't heard much from Whitewater or Veterans since the Starr's Mill competition, but I am sure they are doing just fine.  I know whitewater didn't look nearly as good as they did at Starr's Mill the following week but again, October is a long month.

I am highly impressed this year with Effingham.  I really hope they give a run for the money in 5A.  They have such a fun routine and the girls do a wonderful job highlighting that energy.  Northgate is strong again and will be contending as well.  Their coach always has them prepared down the stretch as well.  HOCO will be talented too.  I haven't heard as much from them this season, but they do have experience.  It appears OLA has struggled a bit with the transition over to All-Girl but I am sure they will have themselves ready come November.

Mt. Paran seems to be just as strong again and they most likely will have a three-peat.  Not sure what to really say regarding public A or AA.  Coosa still has some momentum in that division but Screven seems to be sneaking up.  I expect Pierce county to be contending again considering all I have heard about their routine. 

October is a long month and a lot can happen!  I am looking forward to the competitions kicking off this week.  I know Peachtree Ridge is big and I also understand that Columbus has quite a few teams as well.  best of luck!
[/qu
Great to hear!

I concur...Veterans, Cartersville, and Carrollton all have the ability to take it all this year. Of course, Veterans is looking to threepeat, and they have the routine to take the top spot again. Cartersville has to be hungry after being THISCLOSE for the past few years, but I really think that Carrollton is the team to beat. If they resolve those pyramid issues from Kennesaw Mountain, they take the title back.

As for 5A, do NOT count out Allatoona. I saw them at Kennesaw Mountain this past weekend and WOW! Their routine is crisp, clean, and action packed, including a nice standing full. Cambridge also looked impressive. They only put twelve (I think) on the floor, but they make the most of every person they have.

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines