March 18, 2024, 11:31:27 PM

Ga Cheerleading Vent

Author Topic: Columbus State Comp  (Read 6126 times)

Offline cheer4all

• Reputation Power: 1
  • cheer4all is new.
Columbus State Comp
« on: October 11, 2014, 07:18:11 PM »
Northgate- Grand Champs and first in 5A
Coed: 1-McIntosh, 2-Camden County
5A: 1-Northgate, 2-Starr's Mill, 3-Northside Columbus
4A: 1-Carrollton, 2-Eastside, 3-Perry

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
Re: Columbus State Comp
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2014, 02:31:20 PM »
Any thoughts from this competition?
-This post is purely the opinion of Cheerknowledge and that of no one else and is not by any means influenced by any one person, team, or location.

Offline cheernerd10

• Reputation Power: 0
  • cheernerd10 is new.
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2014, 01:05:32 PM »
All I know is there was 1 routine that hit clean- Northgate.

In all divisions everyone was struggling in some aspect.

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2014, 08:45:58 PM »
All I know is there was 1 routine that hit clean- Northgate.

In all divisions everyone was struggling in some aspect.

Yes I had heard that as well.  Northgate was solid and most likely very well deserving of the Grand Champion spot.  From what I gathered, Starrs Mill looked impressive again in many areas but they had some snags in the routine that kept them from really chasing the top spot.  Starrs Mill just overall impresses me so much more this year.  They have really come a long way!  I was told McIntosh looked great but had some rather unusual timing issues that typically don't happen.  However, it was stated their music went very low and after that, the hitting seem to be a reach.  Carrollton was at a whole different level than the rest of AAAA and was definitely running a routine from again, what I was told, at the same level as the Northgates and McIntosh's of the day.  They did have a snag again on their pyramid (Not a needed element) but the remainder of their routine was fast, clean, and nice.  They have made some changes that made their routine better looking.  Lee County took some falls and was unable to make a run at Northgate.  But Starr's Mill had the best shot.  But Like cheernerd stated, they had the cleanest (and probably best run of the year) at Columbus this past Saturday.  Lot's of friends of mine went so I was able to get info but I can't find any videos.  Good day of solid competition.  Long day, but good day!
-This post is purely the opinion of Cheerknowledge and that of no one else and is not by any means influenced by any one person, team, or location.

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines