March 28, 2024, 09:04:59 AM

Ga Cheerleading Vent

Poll

What team do you think has the "Best Chance" of winning state at this point of the season?

Northside
0 (0%)
Houston County
5 (14.7%)
Effingham County
7 (20.6%)
Starrs Mill
6 (17.6%)
Northgate
13 (38.2%)
Ola
1 (2.9%)
South Effingham
0 (0%)
Other
2 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Voting closed: November 08, 2014, 08:52:54 AM

Author Topic: Five A State Championship Poll  (Read 7197 times)

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
Five A State Championship Poll
« on: October 27, 2014, 09:52:54 AM »
MUST BE LOGGED IN TO VIEW POLL (incentive  [/size] ).  Just for fun! This is to see everyone's opinion at this point in the season and is "BEST CHANCE" based on what you have seen from teams.   If it is other, share!  Discuss if you would like.
-This post is purely the opinion of Cheerknowledge and that of no one else and is not by any means influenced by any one person, team, or location.

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
Re: Five A State Championship Poll
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2014, 03:08:12 PM »
I don't disagree with the fan favorite here.  Northgate has been on its game the last couple of competitions and it has been some time since Northgate and Starrs Mill has gone head to head to really see.  Not much is talked about on Houston but from what I have seen they neglect to max the scoresheet on standing and possibly running.  This can be an issue on the big stage if everything else works out for the other teams.  Starrs Mill didn't max on their last routine and am curious to see if those changes are made.  If not, they will be playing the risky game of hoping the judges don't catch what they do.  Nevertheless, their routine is fun and exciting and a fan favorite.  It is a night and day difference between them last year and this year.  I love their growth!  Effingham can't be forgotten. The last time I got to see them was Starrs Mill.  I am sure they have improved a lot but boy were they exciting to watch then.  They won over Northgate but Northgate hadn't hit their groove yet either.  It will be a battle for sure.
-This post is purely the opinion of Cheerknowledge and that of no one else and is not by any means influenced by any one person, team, or location.

Offline cheerub

• Reputation Power: 0
  • cheerub is new.
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2014, 11:52:12 PM »
Effingham has continued to improve and their energy and excitement is unlike any I've seen this year. They are just fun to watch. Not only do they max out everywhere, but they also have some little extra stuff to add to creativity. It's impossible not to clap along with them and get excited- their energy is infectious. Honestly I would love to see them take it all just because they seem to genuinely enjoy what they are doing.

Offline cheerga94

• Reputation Power: 1
  • cheerga94 is new.
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2014, 02:26:39 AM »
I don't disagree with the fan favorite here.  Northgate has been on its game the last couple of competitions and it has been some time since Northgate and Starrs Mill has gone head to head to really see.  Not much is talked about on Houston but from what I have seen they neglect to max the scoresheet on standing and possibly running.  This can be an issue on the big stage if everything else works out for the other teams.  Starrs Mill didn't max on their last routine and am curious to see if those changes are made.  If not, they will be playing the risky game of hoping the judges don't catch what they do.  Nevertheless, their routine is fun and exciting and a fan favorite.  It is a night and day difference between them last year and this year.  I love their growth!  Effingham can't be forgotten. The last time I got to see them was Starrs Mill.  I am sure they have improved a lot but boy were they exciting to watch then.  They won over Northgate but Northgate hadn't hit their groove yet either.  It will be a battle for sure.

Houston is now maxing out on standing and running from what i saw today!

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2014, 01:02:52 PM »
Houston did max from what I saw as well.  So that is definitely going to help them.  It appeared to be new to them as it wasn't the cleanest tumbling but you have to do what you have to do to max!  Kudos and they definitely brought their A game for the day!

Offline ghsacheerfan

• ghsacheerfan is new.
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2014, 03:49:34 AM »
let's not forget about Ola! They are starting to get back to old form! 5A is going to be interesting to watch at state! I see Starrs Mill, Effingham, and Ola in the top 3! No specific order!

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2014, 07:35:23 AM »
Ola definitely has improved...they have the coach to get that done.  I think when you look at performance under pressure.  Ola will be ready.  Will they have had the consistency long enough?  That will be needed as well.  Houston had a strong showing at McIntosh.  The top 6 in AAAAA could be a major mixup if a lot of teams hit.

Offline Queenofcheermoms

• Queenofcheermoms is new.
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2014, 09:34:31 PM »
I like your top 3 but I think you have to include Northgate and Houston County in the top too. Going to be a tough competition. It's going to come down to who hits on the day that matters and brings lots of energy. Not wanting to mention any particular teams but some of these have repeatedly cracked under the pressure at state.  5A is definitely the toughest division this year.

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2014, 07:54:07 AM »
I like your top 3 but I think you have to include Northgate and Houston County in the top too. Going to be a tough competition. It's going to come down to who hits on the day that matters and brings lots of energy. Not wanting to mention any particular teams but some of these have repeatedly cracked under the pressure at state.  5A is definitely the toughest division this year.

It's fine to mention teams  ;) !  Either way, you are exactly right.  A lot of pressure and big names at this point and I really could see how this thing could go to about 5 different schools at the moment.

Offline cheernerd10

• cheernerd10 is new.
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2014, 09:10:53 AM »
Effingham
Houston
Northgate
Ola
Starr's Mill

are those the same 5 you're thinking?

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2014, 01:05:36 PM »
Yes I like those 5 ;)

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines