March 29, 2024, 09:55:36 AM

Ga Cheerleading Vent

Author Topic: CoEd Sectionals - Columbus State  (Read 15458 times)

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
CoEd Sectionals - Columbus State
« on: November 04, 2014, 10:37:51 PM »
Please post results and all discussions related to this sectional site here.

All Co-Ed teams.
-This post is purely the opinion of Cheerknowledge and that of no one else and is not by any means influenced by any one person, team, or location.

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
Re: CoEd Sectionals - Columbus State
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2014, 01:36:39 AM »
Cheerknowledge's winner and up-setter predictions for sectional site.  My prediction is based on what I have heard and seen.  The winner is considering that team hits and executes it's routine and the up-setter is considering the winner team has issues.

Co Ed - Sectionals
Winner: McIntosh
Up-Setter: Chestatee
Dark Horses: Mill Creek, Winder-Barrow, Model, Apalachee

Other Teams to Qualify:
Troup
Chattooga
Milton
Camden County
McEachern
South Paulding
Sprayberry

Last 3 are toss ups for me....
-This post is purely the opinion of Cheerknowledge and that of no one else and is not by any means influenced by any one person, team, or location.

Offline Cheermom

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Cheermom is new.
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2014, 08:36:24 AM »
Wouldn't disagree with what you have.  However Appalachee has come out of nowhere this year and beat several of the dark horses so I'd probably add them to the list. Can't wait for Sectionals this weekend and watch all these talanted teams bring out their best!  Praying for a good, safe, and entertaining day!

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2014, 11:04:14 AM »
Wouldn't disagree with what you have.  However Appalachee has come out of nowhere this year and beat several of the dark horses so I'd probably add them to the list. Can't wait for Sectionals this weekend and watch all these talanted teams bring out their best!  Praying for a good, safe, and entertaining day!

Updated my list....you are another person who has said that, so the info can't be wrong.  That's enough for me to add them to the dark horses.

cheer1

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2014, 03:00:36 PM »
I have heard that McIntosh's routine is pretty robotic?!?!? 

Offline cheernerd10

• cheernerd10 is new.
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2014, 03:19:06 PM »
Robotic... how so?  It looks creative to me.

Offline gacheermom

• gacheermom isn't well liked for some reason.
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2014, 07:11:15 PM »
Cheerknowledge's winner and up-setter predictions for sectional site.  My prediction is based on what I have heard and seen.  The winner is considering that team hits and executes it's routine and the up-setter is considering the winner team has issues.

Co Ed - Sectionals
Winner: McIntosh
Up-Setter: Chestatee
Dark Horses: Mill Creek, Winder-Barrow, Model, Apalachee

Other Teams to Qualify:
Troup
Chattooga
Milton
Camden County
McEachern
South Paulding
Sprayberry

Last 3 are toss ups for me....

Only one listed I am not too sure about is Sprayberry...

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2014, 09:46:58 AM »
Robotic... how so?  It looks creative to me.

I'm confused by this....

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2014, 10:18:11 AM »
Not sure if I would use the term robotic for "CLEAN."

Every team in the state could perform a little better each day, but I will say this, if they are "CLEAN" at this point, then they have plenty of time to work on performing, which puts them in a really good spot.

cheer1

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2014, 02:40:13 PM »
Don't count Winder out! 

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2014, 08:21:34 PM »
Don't count Winder out! 

Did they have a good run this past weekend?  Do they max out?

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2014, 02:59:53 PM »
Don't count Winder out! 

From what I have heard, Winder did not max and missed an entire half of their pyramid.  Will be interesting to see how this pans out through the long day!!

Offline Cheervet

• Cheervet is new.
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2014, 11:17:55 PM »
Top 16
- McIntosh
- Chestatee
- Dacula
- Milton
- Troup
- Apalachee
- Mountain View
- Jackson Co.
- Parkview
- Jones Co.
- Model
- South Paulding
- McEachern
- Forsyth Central
- Winder Barrow
- Mill Creek

These are not in order by placement and if there is an error please correct me, but I'm pretty sure these are correct. Congrats and Good Luck at State Everyone!! :D

Offline Cheermom

• Cheermom is new.
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2014, 08:29:56 AM »
VERY exciting this past weekend!!!  Although I was shocked when Chestatee didn't win.  They had a clean routine and the most amazing choreography and Macintosh had a fall and just didn't seem to have the "it" factor.  I think I was expecting more with all the hype about them.  Don't get me wrong... they were very tight and clean but hands down Chestatee was just amazing!  Heard so many people in the crowd upset with the judging on that one.  Milton and Dacula were right up there as well... same with Appalachee with very impressive routines.  I am sad about Jackson and Winder Barrow... Jackson actually had someone get hurt on the floor but kept performing which I need to hand it to them for pushing on like that!  Winder Barrow will surely rank much higher this next weekend.  I was glad to see they both made it to State.  I will definitely be glued to the live feeds to see what happens this coming weekend!!!

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2014, 08:37:59 AM »
I can see where the common fan is "Shocked" when it comes to a result.  However, there are so many factors that play in to maxing out the rubric and unfortunately for many folks that don't understand and teams, McIntosh does just that.  There is no way around it.  A team can go out there and give 100% and not come close because they themselves are not 100% perfect and clean and don't max.  So if there was a fall, it can be anywhere from a 1 point to a 2 point mark down on execution.  In the grand scheme of things.  That is 3 points to 6 points.  Depending on what the judges thought of the rest of the routine, it very well could not have hurt McIntosh as much as you think.  With Chestatee already not maxing, they are already 3 points behind, so there you have it.  The fall and the DOD of Chestatee basically cancels that out.  Chestatee was good, and they have been all season.  Their routine has a "cute theme" which probably makes them perform a little better and appear to have the "it" factor.  I will give them that.  But they still have a lot of cleaning up to do.  McIntosh from last year to this year, has ownership of skills while on the mat.  What they do, they do well and they do to compete against a rubric, not a team.

I will say that I can see where the fan would have Chestatee as the winner, but I can easily see where McIntosh won based off the Rubric, which defines who the champion is.

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines