April 20, 2024, 07:26:17 AM

Ga Cheerleading Vent

Author Topic: CoEd Sectionals - Columbus State  (Read 17071 times)

Offline Cheerinolympics

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Cheerinolympics is new.
Re: CoEd Sectionals - Columbus State
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2014, 09:11:14 PM »
I agree with both Cheermom and Cheerknowledge to an extent. Macintosh was very clean with the exception of the fall! Chestatee was clean, had the it factor, and had no falls! I will also agree with Cheerknowledge about the point system and how important it is to max out.  Macintosh does a great job of doing this! Unfortunately, this is where I disagree with Cheerknowledge. Chestatee does max out on points with the exception of how many stunts they put up. This is not a question of skill, it is how many people are on the team. Since Mcintosh has sixteen people they have the ability to put up an extra stunt. I don't think that a team should be penalized for lack of numbers on a team. It stacks the deck in favor of the team with more people. It's not just with Chestatee either. Look at teams like Jefferson who only have ten girls.  They automatically are six points behind the other teams going in.  I believe Commerce, last years state champions, are in the same boat.  This rule is completely unfair.  I was curious to see Mcintosh enter coed this year as well.  Are they on the same level as Northgate and Ola, if so I totally understand because those two teams and I think the Panthers, not sure their school name, were incredible, probably unbeatable for Mcintosh.  Anyways, just my two cents in the conversation, but mainly just disagree with some of the rules.

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2014, 10:02:08 PM »
I'm not sure how to respond without diving straight in to why the rule was changed to bring you quickly up to speed.   Chestatee has chosen to go with 15 cheerleaders.  McIntosh has chosen to go with 16.  Which requires a whole other stunt in the air.  As we have argued over and over and over without getting into the why behind the numbers, it is TECHNICALLY HARDER TO PERFORM 4 SKILLS THEN 3.  Who cares about the number of people on a team, this is a fact. So I have a hard time agreeing with the idea it should be the same.  The issue comes when people look at this as being "penalized." This isn't penalizing, this is actually called being fair.  Well of course McIntosh has the ability to put up an extra stunt-BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT IS REQUIRED TO MAX.  So it's not ability, it's running a routine to a scoresheet as they have been asked to do.  How do you look at a team required to do 4 stunts and explain to them that a team with 3 should score the same.  Sorry you just can't.  The state realized this and changed the rule.  Can't say I blame them.  A team attempting to coach 16 athletes on the floor is harder than a team with 15 because of what WAS once required was the same.  That is an inherit flaw.  However it has been fixed and I haven't seen it be a major issue or complaint.

I disagree that Chestatee was clean.  Your version of clean and my version of clean are just different though.  No Falls doesn't mean great routine.  I can keep something in the air and I can say hit.  But your version of hit also might be different than my version.

Now, you want to argue why there is a 15 on this team and 16 on another, that is for a whole other thread.  I appreciate you agreeing with on some of the ideas but I will kindly have to agree to disagree.

I will not compare apples to oranges on whether McIntosh can compete against the other all girl teams because McIntosh is CoEd and Starrs Mill Panthers are All Girl.  Give McIntosh a whole season to prepare as all girl, I am sure they find a way.  I believe they did last year in AAAAA All girl, why would they just fall off all the sudden??

I hope you see my point in all of this.  Again, It is very hard for the common fan to understand many of the rules and what the rubric asks for so it is my hope to enlighten others regarding this.
-This post is purely the opinion of Cheerknowledge and that of no one else and is not by any means influenced by any one person, team, or location.

Offline UPro Media

• Administrator
  • UPro Media is new.
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2014, 05:29:17 AM »

Offline Iluvcheer

• Iluvcheer is new.
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2014, 07:53:47 AM »
Actually cheer knowledge I'm not just a "common fan"! I have been involved in cheerleading for many years and review the rules every year.  However; I try not to be condescending and act like a know it all when I get on these type threads. I understand that this is probably your entire life and you are trying to fulfill a fantasy of being a cheerleader through your child. My guess is you get on this site at least thirty times a day, so sad!   Even your name on here is sad!
Cheerinolympics, no need to make insulting comments.  Cheerknowledge simply gave you the facts as to why your argument was inherently flawed.  Let's move on.  May the best team this Saturday win.  Geeeezzzzz !

Offline cheernerd10

• cheernerd10 is new.
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2014, 08:31:07 AM »
Cheerknowledge does know the facts. This discussion is supposed to be constructive.

Offline Cheerinolympics

• Cheerinolympics is new.
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2014, 09:22:34 AM »
You know you are both right. I should not have been mean and taken it out on Cheer Knowledge.  Heck, he/she could be a coach for all I know.  I apologize to Cheer Knowledge, but I would ask that Cheer Knowledge tries not to be condescending as well! Everyone has a right to their opinions and in the end I hope that Jefferson, Commerce, McIntosh, Chestatee, Northgate or whatever teams were mentioned do well at State.

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2014, 01:13:45 PM »
Actually cheer knowledge I'm not just a "common fan"! I have been involved in cheerleading for many years and review the rules every year.  However; I try not to be condescending and act like a know it all when I get on these type threads. I understand that this is probably your entire life and you are trying to fulfill a fantasy of being a cheerleader through your child. My guess is you get on this site at least thirty times a day, so sad!   Even your name on here is sad! 
To help you understand the last comment in my original post:  I don't recall calling you specifically a "common fan" but I don't think anybody on here would disagree that there are numerous amounts of "common fans" on this vent or who view the sport in general.  It is rare that the typical fan has a great understanding of the rubric, why the rubric is the way it is, or how coaches and teams implement the rubric.  90% of the people that view this sport or come onto this vent more than likely are cheer parents, cheerleaders, coaches, and I would argue that many of them are the "common fan" hoping that their routine is good enough to win a state championship.  That is not a downgrading comment I don't feel but you don't necessarily have to agree either.  A vent is a place for opinions and that is just mine.

I appreciate you letting me know your background and experience with GHSA and the rules.  Rules and rubrics are made available to the general public each year and just because they are accessible doesn't necessarily qualify one to be knowledgeable.  You don't have to agree with my posts or feel that what I say is right.  But again, that goes back to the opinion portion of this vent.  You have the choice to read the fine line or take it with the grain of salt.

I do in fact check this board.  Cheerleading is a passion of mine.  I do not have a child in this sport nor have I ever. I do not live through anyone but myself.  You don't have to like the fact that I do, but that doesn't necessarily give you the right either to say that I am the crazy one.  You got on this vent, posted ONE post, I responded, and your world fell apart.  I have been posting here for years and never had one issue.

At the end of the day, it's your opinion against my opinion.  To agree or not to agree.  I may be wrong.  I may be right, but I don't feel I miss the mark that often.  That's why I chose Cheerknowledge.....its a name that is known on this vent.  And knowledge is what I try to bring.

You know you are both right. I should not have been mean and taken it out on Cheer Knowledge.  Heck, he/she could be a coach for all I know.  I apologize to Cheer Knowledge, but I would ask that Cheer Knowledge tries not to be condescending as well! Everyone has a right to their opinions and in the end I hope that Jefferson, Commerce, McIntosh, Chestatee, Northgate or whatever teams were mentioned do well at State.

Thank you so much for the apology.  You didn't have to do that!  Thankful I have a place I can come to where I can offer my thoughts on GHSA cheerleading.  I don't feel as though I am condescending.  I feel as though I am to the point and I am black and white on certain subjects in this sport.  It's a subjective sport and so many are biased which is not wrong.  So it is rare that opinions match up.  I try to walk the middle line and give what I know.  Sorry if you feel that way.  Continue to post so that good discussion can take place.  And as Iluvcheer stated, "May the best team win."
-This post is purely the opinion of Cheerknowledge and that of no one else and is not by any means influenced by any one person, team, or location.

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines