April 24, 2024, 10:03:22 PM

Ga Cheerleading Vent

Author Topic: Southeast Georgia Region - West Laurens High School  (Read 21898 times)

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
Re: Southeast Georgia Region - West Laurens High School
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2014, 09:03:56 PM »
I agree....both are great teams!!
-This post is purely the opinion of Cheerknowledge and that of no one else and is not by any means influenced by any one person, team, or location.

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2014, 09:05:50 PM »
Sounds like Pierce was amazing

Veterans had tumbling, pyramid, and music issues but was outside of this great!

West Laurens had a real good shot at sliding up into second. 

What a great day of competition and reporting!
-This post is purely the opinion of Cheerknowledge and that of no one else and is not by any means influenced by any one person, team, or location.

Offline OnThisDayIseeClearly

• Reputation Power: 2
  • OnThisDayIseeClearly is new.
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2014, 09:58:48 PM »
Have seen East Laurens a few times.  They've always been "good" but never blow me away great.  Surprised they beat Screven today.  Did EL do new things?  Did Screven struggle? 

Offline Cheervet

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Cheervet is new.
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2014, 01:53:22 PM »
What were the placements for Southeast Bulloch's region?

Offline cheerchamp1

• cheerchamp1 is new.
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2014, 05:09:38 PM »

What were the placements for Southeast Bulloch's region?

Pierce 1st
SEB 2nd
Dodge 3rd
Appling 4th

Offline GeorgiaCheerFan1029

• GeorgiaCheerFan1029 is new.
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2014, 06:16:06 PM »
Region 3-AAAAA

1. Effingham
2. Richmond Hill
3. South Effingham
4. Ware

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2014, 10:24:23 PM »
I have to give a shout out to East Laurens for making it count when it matters.  Screven and Swainsboro are great teams and will be ready come Saturday.  But after watching the videos from this competition, it just goes to show that it can be any teams day if you don't show up ready to rock-and-roll!

Also...Pierce was on.  I am having a real hard time seeing how they fall of the top of the podium on Saturday.  Great team and great energy.  Cedartown is my pick here to pull of an upset if Pierce has issues.  But Pierce will most likely sit back and enjoy this week :)

Side note after viewing videos: Did veterans really create a 3 at the end of their routine????  If so, does anybody find that to be....I don't know....A little much, maybe somewhat tacky, or distasteful.  In a sport where we represent High Schools and communities, to go to a level like that would almost go against what GHSA wants our image to be in my opinion.  It seems as though that is a bit of the "All Star" Mentality (where paying customers participate and gyms throw it all out there because they can).  Northgate won 5 in a row and never did that.  Peachtree Ridge won quite a few and never went there.  I'm just curious as to what others think. 

And with that, I should say, I have always enjoyed watching Veterans compete in their division.  That just stuck out to me.  Either way,  I will get off that silly soapbox and say...Good luck to all teams :)

Offline cheerga94

• Reputation Power: 1
  • cheerga94 is new.
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2014, 12:48:59 AM »
I have to give a shout out to East Laurens for making it count when it matters.  Screven and Swainsboro are great teams and will be ready come Saturday.  But after watching the videos from this competition, it just goes to show that it can be any teams day if you don't show up ready to rock-and-roll!

Also...Pierce was on.  I am having a real hard time seeing how they fall of the top of the podium on Saturday.  Great team and great energy.  Cedartown is my pick here to pull of an upset if Pierce has issues.  But Pierce will most likely sit back and enjoy this week :)

Side note after viewing videos: Did veterans really create a 3 at the end of their routine????  If so, does anybody find that to be....I don't know....A little much, maybe somewhat tacky, or distasteful.  In a sport where we represent High Schools and communities, to go to a level like that would almost go against what GHSA wants our image to be in my opinion.  It seems as though that is a bit of the "All Star" Mentality (where paying customers participate and gyms throw it all out there because they can).  Northgate won 5 in a row and never did that.  Peachtree Ridge won quite a few and never went there.  I'm just curious as to what others think. 

And with that, I should say, I have always enjoyed watching Veterans compete in their division.  That just stuck out to me.  Either way,  I will get off that silly soapbox and say...Good luck to all teams :)

Where are these videos at?? Especially veterans, pierce, and effingham!

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2014, 06:16:49 AM »
The videos I received were not public videos.

ckcheermom

« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2014, 07:22:52 AM »

Where are these videos at?? Especially veterans, pierce, and effingham!

Please know that "3" is a goal...not an expectation. There are no guarantees in cheer, they know that. The intention wasn't to be cocky. At all! 

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2014, 07:45:32 AM »
I can see where it is a goal.  And I support that-I am just different in the sense that I would keep those types of things to myself and team and talked about amongst quietly. But again-I have no dog in this fight so I was just merely giving my observation. Special goals don't always have to be plastered for everyone to see.

It can also easily be "locker room" motivation to other teams if they catch wind of it.

So many scenarios when you do something like that.

Lastly, as a team or fan base-they would be the only ones to know that. I can't speak for them or do I know them so on first glance that was my interpretation. If it was my interpretation, I am sure I wasn't the only one that looked at it and thought the same thoughts.

I appreciate you offering a reasoning for more understanding. I do wish all teams the best of luck :) most of all have fun! This is just my opinion and insight. Please don't take offense.

Offline cheerga94

• cheerga94 is new.
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2014, 11:06:17 AM »
Northgate has had a their music about winning 4 (started off "we want 4") and PTR this year has their music centered around 6.

As far as representing schools. We think it's ok to do trash talking(let's beat *insert school here* and take them down) in football, basketball, soccer, etc. so why wouldn't it be ok to mention that they are going for their 3rd state title?

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2014, 12:03:40 PM »
Northgate has had a their music about winning 4 (started off "we want 4") and PTR this year has their music centered around 6.

As far as representing schools. We think it's ok to do trash talking(let's beat *insert school here* and take them down) in football, basketball, soccer, etc. so why wouldn't it be ok to mention that they are going for their 3rd state title?

Couple of things I need to point out before I clarify anything further.
One - You clearly are a supporter of Veterans so your view is going to be that "We" think it's ok.  That is fine, but that doesn't necessarily mean the general public is going to think so.
Second - Not everyone thinks it is ok to "trash" talk.  I have been in this sport for over 15 years and I can tell you that many teams do not condone or participate in "trash" talk.  Does it happen, of course it does.  But that rarely means that it is ok.
Third - this is an observation and I was just the only one to come forward and say my thoughts regarding the situation.  It doesn't mean that it is wrong or right.
Fourth-Run Throughs, signs, student sections have always had a little bit of "trash talking".  But the idea in question here is the actual competing team.  It would be comparable to a baseball team holding up a sign in the middle of a game saying "We own you." Or a football team wearing a patch that says "3 in a row" before even getting to the playoffs.  A basketball team wearing a pre-warmup shirt that says "Dynasty" before they even won their 5th region championship.  The context is performed by a team, not trash talked by a sign from somebody not even involved.

Now for the cheerleading portion-comparing what you "physically" form on a floor and what is in a music portion through a saying, to me, is like comparing oranges to apples.  One you see without a doubt.  The other is whizzed by your ear in less than 3 seconds and who knows if you hear it or not.  Sure if you listen closely, but half the time people in the stands are like "what did that say?"  Physically forming something is clear, visible, intent, and easily read.  Having music centered around a theme is perfectly fine in my opinion because it would be something special to a team and it most likely isn't "in your face."

This is an argument of personal opinion.  Many folks might find something like this fine.  I personally wasn't angry, yelling at my computer screen.  Just a little head tilt with the thought, "Did they just....."  So again, I may represent just cheerknowledge, or I may represent a bigger population.  You never know.  But anybody that supports the team will clearly think at this point, it is ok.  I just am an outside observer of many cheer teams in the state and I offered my opinion to the general public.  :)  I hope you find no fault in this.

I wish all teams the best of luck and have enjoyed watching all the variety of all divisions!

Offline cheerga94

• cheerga94 is new.
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2014, 01:01:52 PM »
Understandable. By no means am i arguing just was giving my 2 cents. Everyone has their opinion :)

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2014, 01:12:51 PM »
I rather call it "Good Discussion ::) ".  I'm all for it!  It allows us to learn more about each other.  We are able to do it better on here because that is what a "vent" is for.  I wish you all the best of luck as you approach your weekend with your community!

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines