March 28, 2024, 12:16:02 PM

Ga Cheerleading Vent

Author Topic: Fan Favorite Poll Results for Best Chance at State  (Read 12415 times)

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
Fan Favorite Poll Results for Best Chance at State
« on: November 08, 2014, 09:25:13 PM »
You voted and the results are in with one division in a dead-lock tie.  I know each team was in front of different panels and not all together but after viewing region and now heading into state, I would be interested to see everyone's thoughts off of what they have heard or seen.  IT'S OK TO POST AND GIVE YOUR HONEST OPINION.  We have so many friends that are users but do not post.  Jump in on the conversation and let's make this a place to visit this week.

Fan Favorite Poll Results:
CoEd - McIntosh (Won Sectionals)
Single A Private - Mt. Paran (Won Sectionals)
Single A Public - Commerce (Took second at sectionals to Hawkinsville)
AA - Coosa (Won region)
AAA - Pierce (Won Region)
AAAA - Cartersville or Carrollton (Both Won Region)
AAAAA - Northgate (Won Region)
AAAAAA - Johns Creek (Took Third at Region to Lambert and South Forsyth)

Thoughts heading into STATE WEEK??
-This post is purely the opinion of Cheerknowledge and that of no one else and is not by any means influenced by any one person, team, or location.

Offline cheerub

• Reputation Power: 0
  • cheerub is new.
Re: Fan Favorite Poll Results for Best Chance at State
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2014, 10:49:33 AM »
I like Johns Creek for 6A and  Carrolton for 4A. Pierce has skill that is hard to beat, but we all know that on any given day, anything can happen. Not sold on Northgate for 5- there are some other teams that will bring the same skill level as Northgate but may have a little more of the "it" factor too.

Offline Iluvcheer

• Iluvcheer is new.
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2014, 09:57:56 PM »
Single A Private - Mt. Paran
Single A Public - Commerce
AA - Coosa
AAA - Pierce
AAAA - Carrollton
AAAAA - Starr's Mill or Northgate
AAAAAA - Johns Creek, Lambert, South Forsyth, Peachtree Ridge, or East Coweta (there is a deep talent pool)
COED - McIntosh

Offline Jubop

• Jubop is new.
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2014, 03:34:05 PM »
I've seen Allatoona twice this season and I wouldn't be surprised if they took 5A.

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2014, 03:38:05 PM »
I've seen Allatoona twice this season and I wouldn't be surprised if they took 5A.

This is an interesting pick.  I think they are somewhat of a sleeper too.  I heard they had a real good score from Region and are poised and ready. Allatoona is always a team with a bunch of potential.  5A just doesn't get easy because all routines are maxed and have shown they can hit.
-This post is purely the opinion of Cheerknowledge and that of no one else and is not by any means influenced by any one person, team, or location.

Offline Jubop

• Jubop is new.
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2014, 03:42:43 PM »
Yes, I saw them at region and they have the "it" factor! They are in our region and I was wowed.

Offline naFregiT

• naFregiT is new.
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2014, 05:19:36 PM »
Public: Commerce
Private: Mt Paran
CoEd: Mcintosh
AA: Armuchee
AAA: Pierce
AAAA: Carrollton or Veterans
AAAAA: Effingham
AAAAAA: Lambert or East Coweta (I also really like Harrison)

Offline cheernerd10

• cheernerd10 is new.
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2014, 07:25:45 PM »
Wait. From what I saw Allatoona doesn't max out...am I wrong?

Offline Jubop

• Jubop is new.
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2014, 08:05:30 PM »
I don't think they were maxing out their tumbling until region (?). I'm sure they max pyramid and stunts.

Offline cheernerd10

• cheernerd10 is new.
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2014, 08:39:50 PM »
I saw them at region and they max stunts but not standing or running tumbling. The same girl does a standing full and hand hand full so that won't max them out. And only 13 girls did running tumbling so they don't max their either... Just pointing that out since Northgate, Houston, Union Grove, Starr's Mill, and Ola all max out the score sheet...

Offline Jubop

• Jubop is new.
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2014, 09:05:38 PM »
Very interesting! I think they have been scored as if they max.... Even placed higher than other teams that do max. This is going to be a very exciting weekend. I look forward to seeing all these talented teams! Super tough division!

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2014, 09:48:16 PM »
This is correct.  They do not max on standing and running.  I went back and watched.  If they were judged in that manner, then it was a typical error that is occurring.  However, they are fun to watch so I don't change my opinion on saying they are fun to watch or a sleeper.  A lot would have to happen to have them in the thick of the hunt.

Offline Jubop

• Jubop is new.
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2014, 10:12:36 PM »
Will scoring errors be fewer at state?

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2014, 10:27:57 PM »
Will scoring errors be fewer at state?

The question of all questions.  It is very hard to say.  They have some years and some years they haven't.  It is every coach's hope that when you approach state, it is called by the book and is consistent and fair.  Especially the ones that go out of their way to do the right thing.

I can't answer that question perfectly, but I will say, they haven't gotten things wrong in the past before so I wouldn't be surprised if it happens again.

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2014, 10:35:05 PM »
I can't say I disagree with the fan Favorite Poll but I will add some tweaks due to recent region events:

CoEd: McIntosh.  However, Chestatee could make something happen based on mistakes from McIntosh.
A Private: Mt. Paran
A Public: Hawkinsville with Commerce coming hard for redemption
AA: Armuchee with Coosa, Vidalia, Swainsboro, and Screven placing pressure on the top performer.
AAA: Pierce.  Not sure Cedartown can place that much pressure with Pierce taking full advantage of the scoresheet.
AAAA: Cartersville, Carrollton, Veterans - Who will hit?  Who maxes the scoresheet?  Who is top performer with the least amount of issues?
AAAAA: My call is Northgate but Starrs Mill performs and Effingham wants it bad.  Does HOCO have what it takes to place the pressure as of late?  Any outsiders want in?  It could happen with a little help from some of the big dawgs.
AAAAAA: Can't handle the heat, get out of the kitchen! This division is too tight with all teams maxing the scoresheet.  Does South's cleanliness get them to the top. Do the judges let Lambert back in for the three peat with an all out performance?  Do the skills of Johns Creek wow the judges to the top scores?  I know I am forgetting 5 other teams but this is the case of AAAAAA

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines