March 28, 2024, 08:17:21 AM

Ga Cheerleading Vent

Poll

Based on the routines, do you feel the correct team won?

Yes
4 (33.3%)
No
8 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Voting closed: November 20, 2014, 04:37:57 PM

Author Topic: Saturday STATE CHAMPIONSHIP - AA  (Read 9519 times)

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
Saturday STATE CHAMPIONSHIP - AA
« on: November 11, 2014, 11:58:54 PM »
Please post results here ASAP!!  Feel free to discuss possible outcomes or thoughts as well.  GOOD LUCK to all teams!  Team schedules will be filled in once sectionals are complete.

Schedule
-This post is purely the opinion of Cheerknowledge and that of no one else and is not by any means influenced by any one person, team, or location.

Offline OnThisDayIseeClearly

• Reputation Power: 2
  • OnThisDayIseeClearly is new.
Re: Saturday STATE CHAMPIONSHIP - AA
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2014, 09:34:24 PM »
1. Armuchee
2. Coosa
3. Bremen
4. Vidalia

Also on the mat: Screven County, Gordon Lee

Observation: It seems like good tumbling can cover a lot.  Armuchee had a stunt group come down early, three stunt groups.  Gordon Lee had three or four fulls, stunts didn't have a high DoD. 

Offline Cheeringonup

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Cheeringonup is new.
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2014, 10:02:55 PM »
Bremen was 3rd. Not Gordon Lee. Bremen looked good to me. I had them 5th which is where they were before deductions. Before deductions were figured in, it was Screven, Armuchee, Coosa, Vidalia, Bremen, and East Laurens. Screven had a 15 pt deduction that took them to fifth and East Laurens had a 5 pt deduction that took them to 7th. I think Vidalia would have taken it home had their routine stuck. There was only a 18 point difference between 1 and 8. I wonder how many of these teams will have a rebuilding year coming up and how many will return the majority of their squad. Already looking forward to next year around my parts!

AA places 1-15:
1. Armuchee 249
2. Coosa 246
3. Bremen 244
4. Vidalia 238
5. Screven 236
6. Gordon Lee 233
7. East Laurens 232
8. Jeff Davis 231
9. Bacon 226
10. Metter 216
11. Fitzgerald 216
12. Bleckley 215
13. Swainsboro 212
14. Berrian 212
15. Social Circle 184

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2014, 04:24:47 PM »
I always felt it was any of those teams ball game that day.  Any of the top 4-5-6 could have one depending on the result of another team.  Nobody had it truly in the bag and Armuchee was on top when the dust settle.  I figured it probably would have been them with the obstacles Coosa was facing, but Coosa never gave in.  A sign of great coaching.

Is anybody else surprised to see a 20 point difference between sectionals and finals here?  HOLY SMOKES THAT IS A LOT!
-This post is purely the opinion of Cheerknowledge and that of no one else and is not by any means influenced by any one person, team, or location.

Offline cheerchamp1

• cheerchamp1 is new.
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2014, 04:43:16 PM »
What was illegal about Screven's stunt?  That is so heartbreaking! They have done great all season and to all of a sudden have an illegal stunt called at state and for it to have been missed all year?? Not right!

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2014, 04:44:25 PM »
What was illegal about Screven's stunt?  That is so heartbreaking! They have done great all season and to all of a sudden have an illegal stunt called at state and for it to have been missed all year?? Not right!

Crazy to think their division actually had an illegal stunt called considering other divisions had the same issue and nothing was called.

Offline OnThisDayIseeClearly

• Reputation Power: 2
  • OnThisDayIseeClearly is new.
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2014, 07:24:09 PM »
I always felt it was any of those teams ball game that day.  Any of the top 4-5-6 could have one depending on the result of another team.  Nobody had it truly in the bag and Armuchee was on top when the dust settle.  I figured it probably would have been them with the obstacles Coosa was facing, but Coosa never gave in.  A sign of great coaching.

Is anybody else surprised to see a 20 point difference between sectionals and finals here?  HOLY SMOKES THAT IS A LOT!

I didn't see sectionals scores.  But am not surprised about the scoring difference.  Finals scores and sectionals scores have been radically different before.  Honestly, I've never been a fan of the judging during state finals.  I feel like too many years, it's too different than what's seen during the season.

CCHEER

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2014, 09:32:07 AM »
There were no deductions with the top 3 teams - after that there were deductions.

Offline cheerga

• cheerga is new.
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2014, 10:48:37 PM »
I was not surprised about the top 6 teams that were chosen for AA.  I predicted all six.  I would say that I was totally surprised at how Screven Co. did not come out on top, let alone, be called for top 4.  I predicted 1. Screven  2. Armuchee  3. Coosa  4. Bremen. Looking at the score results I see screven received a deduction of 15 pts that knocked them down to 5th place.  What happened?  From my eyes, I saw a perfect routine.  I believe they were a southern team that deserved the state champion title.

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2014, 10:52:14 PM »
Does anybody have a link?

Offline cheerga

• cheerga is new.
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2014, 11:23:27 AM »
I don't have any links.  Can anyone else assist us here?

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines