April 18, 2024, 11:40:37 AM

Ga Cheerleading Vent

Poll

Based on the routines, do you feel the correct team won?

Yes
9 (52.9%)
No
8 (47.1%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: November 20, 2014, 04:39:29 PM

Author Topic: Saturday - STATE CHAMPIONSHIP - AAAA  (Read 18523 times)

Offline cheerga94

• Reputation Power: 1
  • cheerga94 is new.
Re: Saturday - STATE CHAMPIONSHIP - AAAA
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2014, 05:34:17 PM »
It was my first time seeing Cartersville in person this year and they just have that entertainment factor that i think the others lacked. They got out there and SOLD that routine.

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2014, 05:43:48 PM »
It was my first time seeing Cartersville in person this year and they just have that entertainment factor that i think the others lacked. They got out there and SOLD that routine.

I agree that Cartersville SOLD their routine.  I think this helped them in the long run as the execution of their routine was not at the level of Carrollton's outside of the small bobble in their pyramid.
-This post is purely the opinion of Cheerknowledge and that of no one else and is not by any means influenced by any one person, team, or location.

Offline OnThisDayIseeClearly

• Reputation Power: 2
  • OnThisDayIseeClearly is new.
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2014, 07:12:55 PM »
My one cent on the girl who was injured.  I understand the need to keep things moving.  But picking her up before it was certain she was stable, wasn't that a bit risky from a medical standpoint? 

I agree...but the man that picked her up and carried her off wasn't anyone affiliated with Veterans. Not sure if it was the trainer that they called for on the loud speaker or someone else. Not sure why they chose to take her off instead of waiting, but luckily she is fine. (:

Am pretty sure that was the Columbus State coach that did it.  Saw him out there when they did their exhibition.  I could say something about the conflict of interest regarding the coach of a college coach being involved but I'll just simply say you wouldn't see the Albany State University track coach helping injured sprinters at the girls state track meet.

Offline OnThisDayIseeClearly

• Reputation Power: 2
  • OnThisDayIseeClearly is new.
Deserving vs being surprised
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2014, 07:20:07 PM »
Been reading comments regarding surprise over Crisp County and West Lauren being called to the mat in 4A.  I was not there to watch 4A, so did not pay attention to all the teams.  Did see West Laurens.  Yes, I was surprised they got called.  Because they had so few on the mat.  I am familiar with them and know they have a good tradition.

I don't think it's wrong to be surprised.  But something I've said before and will say again is one should never, EVER, use the words "don't deserve" in reference to a squad.  Because we follow a judged sport.  If you disagree with a squad who wins, made it to the mat, etc., it's because you disagree with the judges' decision. 

Let your comments reflect that.  Do not insult a squad by saying they "didn't deserve" their placement because it's not like the squad told the judge to let them get third.

Offline Cheerbabe156

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Cheerbabe156 is new.
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2014, 08:05:37 PM »
Just a question....do you think teams success is more the coach or the girls?

ckcheermom

« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2014, 10:02:49 PM »
I think it's definitely a combination of both!!

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2014, 05:26:39 AM »
The success is definitely both.  It's hard to say who has more because each one is such a different challenge.
-This post is purely the opinion of Cheerknowledge and that of no one else and is not by any means influenced by any one person, team, or location.

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2014, 09:55:29 PM »
I wanted to come back to this Division and see what the general thoughts were on the top 3? 

I thought Whitewater started off strong and really did a great job maintaining and was overall probably the cleanest of the 3.  They just don't have the same bang for the buck as Carrollton and Cartersville.

I thought Carrollton had a tough placement being the first region champs to go.  I thought they had the energy and precision.  I really thought they looked amazing up until the very last switch up in Pyramid.  I didn't think it would be a 4 point difference.

Cartersville did a great job following Carrollton with the hit routine as well.  I saw small timing issues in each part of their routine but they never let up on performance.  I had a hard time deciding between Carrollton and Cartersville and still do to this evening.  That's why I thought I would ask.  The poll resemebles something of the same nature as well.

Veterans looked good and great outside of that one stunt hiccup and unfortunate injury.  Outside of these 4 names mentioned, I felt the rest of the division was behind a little in terms of overall bang.

Congrats to Cartersville for bringing home their first AAAA state championship.  Tough division and would have been hard for me to call.

Offline cheerchamp1

• Reputation Power: 0
  • cheerchamp1 is new.
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2014, 09:58:35 PM »
Is there a video of these two?

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2014, 10:34:10 PM »
cheerchamp1 stated, "Is there a video of these two?"

You can find the links here!

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines