March 28, 2024, 01:21:30 PM

Ga Cheerleading Vent

Poll

Based on the routines, do you feel the correct team won?

Yes
5 (20%)
No
20 (80%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Voting closed: November 20, 2014, 04:38:36 PM

Author Topic: Saturday - STATE CHAMPIONSHIP - AAA  (Read 61643 times)

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
Saturday - STATE CHAMPIONSHIP - AAA
« on: November 11, 2014, 11:59:24 PM »
Please post results here ASAP!!  Feel free to discuss possible outcomes or thoughts as well.  GOOD LUCK to all teams!  Team schedules will be filled in once sectionals are complete.

Schedule
-This post is purely the opinion of Cheerknowledge and that of no one else and is not by any means influenced by any one person, team, or location.

Offline Cheerymom

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Cheerymom is new.
Re: Saturday - STATE CHAMPIONSHIP - AAA
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2014, 01:22:38 PM »
3 words. Pierce was robbed!

Offline CheerDawg

• CheerDawg is new.
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2014, 01:34:35 PM »
1 point difference.

Offline Gacheermom74

• Gacheermom74 is new.
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2014, 02:00:24 PM »
Pierce maxed out plus some with all of their fulls and stuck their stunts. Not sure how Calhoun won except by reputation.

dawclean

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2014, 05:10:51 PM »
I'm not one to usually post, but I thought I needed to "vent" so to speak. I was entirely blown away by the judges decision regarding the 3A decision. And shame on the judges!  It is quite obvious you guys missed this one. I think the entire arena was shocked, except for the winner of course. I just can't quite grasp the fact that a  team which had no falls,bobbles, or obvious mistakes would have to settle for runner-up.  The runner-up maxed out in all areas! I don't know if it is the Calhoun name, crowd, or any other influence but the judges made a debacle out  of this one. I guess they didn't want Pierce to take home a 3rd State Championship. What would it have taken to win? Surely not a better routine, they stuck it. I guess we will never know the answer.Or wait , maybe different judges? It may sound like sour grapes but the funny thing is, I'm not even a Pierce supporter. A couple of counties over.

Offline Cheerymom

• Cheerymom is new.
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2014, 01:11:46 PM »
I'm not one to usually post, but I thought I needed to "vent" so to speak. I was entirely blown away by the judges decision regarding the 3A decision. And shame on the judges!  It is quite obvious you guys missed this one. I think the entire arena was shocked, except for the winner of course. I just can't quite grasp the fact that a  team which had no falls,bobbles, or obvious mistakes would have to settle for runner-up.  The runner-up maxed out in all areas! I don't know if it is the Calhoun name, crowd, or any other influence but the judges made a debacle out  of this one. I guess they didn't want Pierce to take home a 3rd State Championship. What would it have taken to win? Surely not a better routine, they stuck it. I guess we will never know the answer.Or wait , maybe different judges? It may sound like sour grapes but the funny thing is, I'm not even a Pierce supporter. A couple of counties over.
.    Couldn't agree more!!! I wouldn't even want a State Championship trophy that I didn't deserve and if it had of went to the best team who performed the best it would have def went to Pierce. I am not even from the southern region and do not even know anything about them but I know they were robbed!

Offline cheerchamp1

• cheerchamp1 is new.
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2014, 02:25:20 PM »
Does anyone have a video of pierce and Calhoun? I would love to see it!!

Offline Cheer2013

• Cheer2013 is new.
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2014, 02:56:28 PM »
[/quote
I have to say I agree, I was completely shocked.  Not taking  anything away from Calhoun, but Pierce County was Amazing!! I was certain they would win.  I'm not affiliated with Pierce County in any way, just an outside opinion.  Congrats to all the winners, just shows you never know what the outcome will be, guess the judges saw something I didn't see.

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2014, 04:13:26 PM »
Don't both teams max out?
-This post is purely the opinion of Cheerknowledge and that of no one else and is not by any means influenced by any one person, team, or location.

Offline cheerchamp1

• cheerchamp1 is new.
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2014, 04:19:26 PM »
No, Calhoun did not have DOD in standing tumbling. However that would only give pierce a 3 point advantage.

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2014, 04:22:15 PM »
No, Calhoun did not have DOD in standing tumbling. However that would only give pierce a 3 point advantage.

Interesting.  Who went first between the two?

Offline cheerchamp1

• cheerchamp1 is new.
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2014, 04:23:25 PM »
Calhoun was before intermission and Pierce was after.

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2014, 04:26:13 PM »
EVEN MORE INTERESTING

Ok....would need to get my hands on the video of both to really break this one down.  I can't really remember much between the two except for the fact both were pretty solid.  So as of now, I have no opinion and Either team could have been winners.  I know their is a lot of fan support for pierce, bu the rubric puts all teams on an even playing field and then execution comes into play.

Offline cheerchamp1

• cheerchamp1 is new.
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2014, 04:30:33 PM »
Agreed! I do remember both teams having slight execution problems in the partner stunt. Pierce definitely out tumbles Calhoun, but as the remainder of the routine goes, I would have to see it again. You would think that the team that maxes in all areas would have the advantage. Once again this is the main problem I have with cheer. DOD is not an opinion and can be scored correctly, but execution is based solely on human opinion which can sometimes be biased unintentionally!

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2014, 04:34:08 PM »
Yes....Agreed.  However, human opinion will always exist in a judged sport.  The hope is the judges are qualified and skilled enough to make a good call.  I think as fans and coaches, there is little trust in the GHSA judges which doesn't bode well in their favor.  It's always hard for them to make the right call.  At this point, I can see where Calhoun and Pierce could have won the title.

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines