May 06, 2024, 06:03:50 PM

Ga Cheerleading Vent

Poll

Based on the routines, do you feel the correct team won?

Yes
5 (20%)
No
20 (80%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Voting closed: November 20, 2014, 04:38:36 PM

Author Topic: Saturday - STATE CHAMPIONSHIP - AAA  (Read 67938 times)

Offline cheerbear

• Reputation Power: 0
  • cheerbear is new.
Re: Saturday - STATE CHAMPIONSHIP - AAA
« Reply #120 on: November 18, 2014, 12:39:27 PM »
I agree! Everyone knows Pierce should have won. Our girls just want what's rightfully theirs. Calhoun knows what the outcome should have been. Why would you want a title,  trophy and ring you knew you didn't win?

Offline Cheerymom

• Cheerymom is new.
« Reply #121 on: November 18, 2014, 12:47:08 PM »
GHSA should right this wrong, however, I do not believe they should take away from Calhoun (and I am positive they wouldn't)...co-champions would be the answer.  Someone please help Pierce out! surely there has to someone on this board that can help....how can we have any faith in GHSA if they don't fix this?

Offline Queenofcheermoms

• Queenofcheermoms is new.
« Reply #122 on: November 18, 2014, 12:51:16 PM »
GHSA will not change a decision once its been made.  They have not named MHS as a co champion, the team and their parents are claiming that because they know that it should have been them due to the judges maxing out WB.  The champion will remain WB and MHS will continue to claim they should have won.  Mistakes like this have happened for years.  It is not right, but teams need to accept their loss and move on.  Nothing can be done about it.  All GHSA decisions are final. 

gobears

« Reply #123 on: November 18, 2014, 12:56:28 PM »
I guess its hard to accept a loss when a group of 16 girls know they were much better than the team that were given the State title. Its like saying even though you were better, we are going to give you 2nd place because we like how thisteam did there hair, ya know even though you maxed out the complete score sheet. who cares??

Offline cheerbear

• cheerbear is new.
« Reply #124 on: November 18, 2014, 12:57:15 PM »
Pierce should definitely be named co-champs! They deserved it! Obviously they figured out that there was a discrepancy between McIntosh and Winder! Disgruntled parents!

Offline OnThisDayIseeClearly

• Reputation Power: 2
  • OnThisDayIseeClearly is new.
« Reply #125 on: November 18, 2014, 02:11:01 PM »
OnThisDayISeeClearly - The system is hurting, not broke and not un-repairable.  But they have a big problem.

What's the expression about the first step?  You know, admitting there's a problem.  I don't see GHSA being willing to take that first step.  That's why I think there is major trouble. 

Offline Gacheermom74

• Gacheermom74 is new.
« Reply #126 on: November 18, 2014, 05:35:07 PM »
Since 2 judges were deadlocked on their scores, 2 had Pierce win, and 1 had Calhoun win...you would think that Pierce would be the winner. Unfortunately, in this situation...it did pan out that 1 judge made a difference. If you take out Pierce's high score of 97 and its low score of 88 and take out Calhoun's high score of 95 and its low score of 92...Pierce still wins by one point. So looking at it from two different perspectives, Pierce still would win...except for the one judge. It seems to be a problem in the EXECUTION of the scoring!

Offline cheerjudge

• cheerjudge is new.
« Reply #127 on: November 18, 2014, 07:13:16 PM »
The scores that counted:
Calhoun 92,93,92=277
Peirce 93,91,92=276

ALL Scores:
Calhoun 92,93,95,90,92=462
Peirce 88,93,97,91,92=461

Same result! Calhoun wins by one point.

I do not understand all the "one judge" comments... His score was dropped... it doesn't matter if he gave Peirce a 2 or a 91... he was dropped and it didn't count.

Offline cheerbear

• cheerbear is new.
« Reply #128 on: November 18, 2014, 07:47:31 PM »
I guess it's just a fact of life that I have to teach my daughter that unfortunately, some people get things they don't deserve and those that deserve it get screwed.  Hollow victory for Calhoun. GHSA needs to get their stuff together next year.

Offline cheerub

• cheerub is new.
« Reply #129 on: November 18, 2014, 10:28:06 PM »
As much as I hate it for BOTH sets of teams (Pierce and Calhoun; WB and Mcintosh), this is a JUDGED sport. Any time you have judges, you run the risk of subjectivity and even human error. While we veritably don't want to even consider that mistakes would be made at this level of competition, I'm sure that there have been many instances where this has happened. We have seen it at invitationals and even at region throughout the years- it is sad for the teams that were announced as winners because now everyone becomes suspicious of the scoring. It's also sad for the teams that weren't announced as winners because of the very same reason. I don't think there is any real resolution to the situation, as an overturning of the results would definitely create more problems than it would solve. Hate it most of all for the athletes involved because each one of them feels that he/she has worked hard and deserves the title.

Offline cheerga94

• Reputation Power: 1
  • cheerga94 is new.
« Reply #130 on: November 19, 2014, 12:08:22 AM »

Offline cheerchamp1

• cheerchamp1 is new.
« Reply #131 on: November 19, 2014, 08:39:34 AM »
I don't think we ever said, but does anyone know what Calhoun scored for DOD in standing and running tumbling? Did the judges get that part right? I think this might put things to rest if people knew for sure.

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
« Reply #132 on: November 19, 2014, 09:24:06 AM »
I don't think we ever said, but does anyone know what Calhoun scored for DOD in standing and running tumbling? Did the judges get that part right? I think this might put things to rest if people knew for sure.

I don't know for sure but it really wouldn't have mattered.  Execution is what matters.  2 points is all that would have came off the top to make each judge have a high score of 98.  However, based on the scores of the day (277 winning score), an average of 23 points were taken from Calhoun and Pierce.  It boiled down to execution.  Sure you can argue that DOD would have dropped them down to 275 if it was incorrect and Pierce would be the winner, but I think that would be more valid if the scores were in the 290's.  Clearly both teams had execution issues.
-This post is purely the opinion of Cheerknowledge and that of no one else and is not by any means influenced by any one person, team, or location.

Offline cheerchamp1

• cheerchamp1 is new.
« Reply #133 on: November 19, 2014, 09:33:45 AM »
I agree about the execution. But with the scores that were given on that day, had Calhoun been judged incorrectly in DOD it would have been the difference in who won. That is what I was trying to understand. That's also why if they scored the DOD correctly, people can put it to rest because of the execution. Three judges scores are kept. If scored the wrong DOD in both that would have been 6 points off the total score and If one was scored wrong it would be 3 points off the total score. If it was scored correctly, then execution is the determining factor.

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
« Reply #134 on: November 19, 2014, 10:53:37 AM »
However, there isn't any way to tell because like I was saying, the scores are only in the upper 270's range.  With that type of score, you are not able to tell if it is incorrect DOD or execution.  No on will ever know.
-This post is purely the opinion of Cheerknowledge and that of no one else and is not by any means influenced by any one person, team, or location.

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines