March 28, 2024, 02:10:36 PM

Ga Cheerleading Vent

Poll

Based on the routines, do you feel the correct team won?

Yes
5 (20%)
No
20 (80%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Voting closed: November 20, 2014, 04:38:36 PM

Author Topic: Saturday - STATE CHAMPIONSHIP - AAA  (Read 61645 times)

gobears

Re: Saturday - STATE CHAMPIONSHIP - AAA
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2014, 08:45:58 PM »
Pierce absolutely maxed in all areas plus beyond what is expected. It's sad if the competition was rigged, because it took a title away from a group of 16 girls that rightfully deserved it. Pierce is only losing 3 girls next year and they expect nothing but 1st next year, and they will bring it to the mat just like they did this year. Beware

Offline CheerDawg

• Reputation Power: 0
  • CheerDawg is new.
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2014, 08:55:59 PM »
I would definitely beware.

Offline JCJacket

• JCJacket is new.
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2014, 10:56:43 PM »
Ok I wasn't going to post but here goes....my daughter is on Calhoun High School cheer team - Our girls put all they had on the mat Saturday they rose to the occasion and performed to the best of their ability which then gave them an opportunity to win.  Pierce also came out and hit an amazing routine and gave themselves the opportunity to win at this point both teams did all they could! I could have seen the outcome go either way! But there is always a winner and this time it just happened to be Calhoun. (By 1point) I don't feel the judging was out of line.  Out of the 3 times we have gone against Pierce county once in 2011 and twice this year we,Calhoun, has only beaten Pierce this one time. To me, this was what a State championship is all about...I think Pierce is a fantastic team and I think they motivated our girls to be the best they could be.

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2014, 05:31:28 AM »
Again, would love to see video of both to give my feeling but have to agree.  IF both teams hit, cant argue the winner here.  I can't even say that it is rigged.  Not willing to take a side yet on this.
-This post is purely the opinion of Cheerknowledge and that of no one else and is not by any means influenced by any one person, team, or location.

Offline Cheerymom

• Cheerymom is new.
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2014, 06:36:54 AM »
It is all about maxing out the score sheet people. Pierce did. Calhoun did not. Therefore how can you say either could have won when both hit? How can a team that didn't have DOD beat a team that did when both hit everything? It's not right. It's not fair. If my kid was on Pierce I would never let it go!

gobears

« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2014, 07:16:44 AM »
Everyone understands pierce should've won. It'll feul there fire to come back next year, and they won't take second especially when they don't deserve. Both teams were good but pierce was GREAT there wasn't a comparison between the two.

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2014, 08:43:21 AM »
Same thing happened in other divisions. The difference is only 3 points.  If the scores were not in the high 290s then apparently the judges saw execution flaws. 3 points can easily be overcome.  I'm not saying the placings were right or wrong, would like to see the routines first.
-This post is purely the opinion of Cheerknowledge and that of no one else and is not by any means influenced by any one person, team, or location.

Offline cheerbear

• cheerbear is new.
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2014, 09:09:15 AM »
I don't normally do this, but my daughter is one of the Pierce cheerleaders, and I find it necessary to comment. If anyone were to watch both videos, it would be 100% clear Pierce was the winner. Calhoun had a touch on a tuck and a flyer somewhat lost her foot. Pierce had a clean routine and maxed out on everything. Don't know if it was favoritism, or a miscalculation of the scores, but something went wrong.  Everyone knows it including Calhoun. They can watch their video next to ours and see what the true result should have been. The whole stadium knew it, cheerleaders who are not even remotely associated with Pierce knew it, random parents knew it and coaches from other teams were saying it as well. The fact that one of the Calhoun cheerleaders was extremely rude when my daughter congratulated her just took the cake. Whether there's anything that can be done remains to be seen, but everyone knows what the outcome should have been and who truly should have left with the 1st place trophy. Thanks for listening.

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2014, 09:22:22 AM »
videos anywhere?

Offline cheerbear

• cheerbear is new.
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2014, 09:46:18 AM »
You may be able to find it on twitter or Facebook. It's definitely on Facebook. Don't know about theirs.

Offline Cheerymom

• Cheerymom is new.
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2014, 10:10:01 AM »
Reckon judge #1 was a bit biased? Check out the score sheet. Wow. I guess maxing out the scoresheet doesn't matter if the judges arent fair. Might as well throw some illegal All star moves in there next year Pierce. I am very sad for all of those girls and coaches. Right is right and folks....that wasn't right. Best of luck to Pierce next year! I think you will have a house full of supporters!!!

Offline cheerbear

• cheerbear is new.
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2014, 10:23:10 AM »
Thank you! We truly do appreciate all the support from the host of random teams, coaches and parents. We know what the outcome should have been, as does everyone else in that stadium. It's a hollow victory for Calhoun. They know what should have happened, and I know I wouldn't feel right about receiving a title when everyone knows they didn't deserve it. I guess that's why the phrase "Life isn't fair" was created. It'll be a tarnished ring and a tarnished GHSA judging reputation.

gobears

« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2014, 12:07:04 PM »
the win was undeserved...

Offline cheerjudge

• cheerjudge is new.
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2014, 12:07:52 PM »
I don't have a dog in this fight, but I told my husband as soon as pierce went that this one would be scary close. Pierce had the DOD advantage on standing tumbling, but I would bet my house payment than Calhoun out scored pierce on running tumbling EXE and formations and transitions. It's very easy for parents (and coaches) to get so caught up in the difficulty scores and not consider the execution or those three categories at the bottom of the scoresheet... Which in my opinion is where state championships are won. Congratulations to both teams! You did amazing Saturday!

Offline cheerbear

• cheerbear is new.
« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2014, 12:25:18 PM »
No way did they beat us in running tumbling. We had 3 back handspring tucks,  5 back handspring layouts, 6 fulls and a back handspring layout back handspring full. Nope! Didn't do it.

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines