March 28, 2024, 09:34:25 AM

Ga Cheerleading Vent

Poll

Based on the routines, do you feel the correct team won?

Yes
9 (52.9%)
No
8 (47.1%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: November 20, 2014, 04:39:29 PM

Author Topic: Saturday - STATE CHAMPIONSHIP - AAAA  (Read 16879 times)

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
Saturday - STATE CHAMPIONSHIP - AAAA
« on: November 12, 2014, 12:02:26 AM »
Please post results here ASAP!!  Feel free to discuss possible outcomes or thoughts as well.  GOOD LUCK to all teams!  Team schedules will be filled in once sectionals are complete.

Schedule
-This post is purely the opinion of Cheerknowledge and that of no one else and is not by any means influenced by any one person, team, or location.

Offline Laughlovecheer

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Laughlovecheer is new.
Re: Saturday - STATE CHAMPIONSHIP - AAAA
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2014, 03:56:18 PM »
Congratulations to all the AAAA teams competing today. So surprise/impressed with the top 6 in this division.
1. Cartersville
2. Carrolton
3. Whitewater
4. Crisp Co
5. Veterans
6. West Laurens

pcmom22

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2014, 04:59:45 PM »
Yes congrats to the top 6 today! I must admit..... I was completely SHOCKED at the fact that West Laurens and Crisp Co. were even out there on the mat. Not that they were not good but certainly saw better ones that should've been there. Not a part of the AAAA family but have never heard the mention of these 2 teams this year!!

ckcheermom

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2014, 05:38:36 PM »
I have a vent of my own...when an athlete is injured, it is SO disrespectful for other cheerleaders/fans to laugh.  Have respect for YOUR sport whether you consider the team a "rival" or not. You shouldn't want anyone to get hurt.   I was even approached by parents and cheerleaders from other schools who had to say something to these girls as well.  I was so disappointed today...

On a better note...congrats to Cartersville!  They did amazing and deserved to win!!! 

Offline Cheer2013

• Cheer2013 is new.
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2014, 07:37:36 PM »
I agree with ckcheermom, it really was VERY disrespectful of those cheerleaders/fans who laughed when athlete was injured today, especially when they were only 5ft away from where the fans of that injured cheerleader were sitting.  I'm so proud of our girls, for their work ethic, determination and attitude as they stepped back out on that mat after the injury and showed everyone exactly what they were made of and just how good they really are!  Thanks to everyone who showed their love and support when our girls came back out to finish their routine.

Congrats to Cartersville, you absolutely deserved your win today!

Offline Cheerbabe156

• Cheerbabe156 is new.
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2014, 08:36:51 PM »
I honestly think crisp and west Laurens were pretty good. West Laurens especially impressed me. If I have heard correctly they were fourth at region to mary persons, veterans, and perry and ended up turning out with a 6th place state win. Crisp on the other hand was amazing as well. They were both super tight and clean and I believe that's what put them in top 6.

I also agree with you about the teams laughing although I did see I think perry and west laurens (in veterans region so technically rivals) both from across the gym where I was sitting cheering for the war hawks when they came back out! Some teams showed great sportsmanship today while others were lacking!

Offline cheerga94

• Reputation Power: 1
  • cheerga94 is new.
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2014, 08:41:33 PM »
I honestly think crisp and west Laurens were pretty good. West Laurens especially impressed me. If I have heard correctly they were fourth at region to mary persons, veterans, and perry and ended up turning out with a 6th place state win. Crisp on the other hand was amazing as well. They were both super tight and clean and I believe that's what put them in top 6.

I also agree with you about the teams laughing although I did see I think perry and west laurens (in veterans region so technically rivals) both from across the gym where I was sitting cheering for the war hawks when they came back out! Some teams showed great sportsmanship today while others were lacking!

I just have to comment on West Laurens. SO SO SO SO happy for them! I was sitting near them when they got called for top 6 and they completely LOST IT. Sometimes we tend to get caught up in winning and forget that just making top 6 is a huge accomplishment. Seeing their reaction was one of the biggest highlights of my day.

And as for the laughing thing i agree with everyone else. The fact that everyone heard about it/saw them makes it a lot worse as that means they weren't trying to hide it. Everyone has a bad day and that team should know from the past what it like cause they've had theirs too.

But congrats to Cartersville!! That win has been a long time coming and well deserved!

ckcheermom

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2014, 09:07:47 PM »

Yes!!!  I definitely should have mentioned the wonderful schools...Perry and West Laurens both were very supportive of them today!!  Thank you for mentioning that. The Veterans cheerleaders said that all the support they received when they came back in a made them feel great!  We would have done the same thing!!  Thank you to those "rival" schools who showed that you can be rivals and still have respect for each other!!  Much love to them!!

ckcheermom

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2014, 09:12:17 PM »
I just have to comment on West Laurens. SO SO SO SO happy for them! I was sitting near them when they got called for top 6 and they completely LOST IT. Sometimes we tend to get caught up in winning and forget that just making top 6 is a huge accomplishment. Seeing their reaction was one of the biggest highlights of my day.

Yes!!!  Congrats to West Laurens!!  Every time I've spoken with one of their parents they have always been super nice. Like Veterans, they have struggled with injuries this year...so glad to see them on the mat today! 

Offline OnThisDayIseeClearly

• Reputation Power: 2
  • OnThisDayIseeClearly is new.
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2014, 07:24:26 AM »
My one cent on the girl who was injured.  I understand the need to keep things moving.  But picking her up before it was certain she was stable, wasn't that a bit risky from a medical standpoint? 

ckcheermom

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2014, 09:03:23 AM »
My one cent on the girl who was injured.  I understand the need to keep things moving.  But picking her up before it was certain she was stable, wasn't that a bit risky from a medical standpoint? 

I agree...but the man that picked her up and carried her off wasn't anyone affiliated with Veterans. Not sure if it was the trainer that they called for on the loud speaker or someone else. Not sure why they chose to take her off instead of waiting, but luckily she is fine. (:

Offline Dgambrell

• Dgambrell is new.
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2014, 11:11:24 AM »
Yes congrats to the top 6 today! I must admit..... I was completely SHOCKED at the fact that West Laurens and Crisp Co. were even out there on the mat. Not that they were not good but certainly saw better ones that should've been there. Not a part of the AAAA family but have never heard the mention of these 2 teams this year!!

How dare you. Crisp County was 5 last year and definitely deserved #4 this year. Just because no one is on The Vent promoting them all year doesn't mean they didn't earn their win.  And they were very excited with their placement. Who cares whether you have heard of them or not. What does that have to do with anything?  Stop insulting high school girls who did their best. You aren't a judge.

Offline Cheerbabe156

• Cheerbabe156 is new.
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2014, 12:11:04 PM »
All top 6 teams were deserving of their spots on the mat. All 6 were clean and sharp and EVERYTHING hit. I did not see many teams do so. If you're a team with 2 or 3 stunt groups and still make top 6 you have to be clean and hit and just absolutely amazing to be in the top 6. Teams like that completely amaze me!

pcmom22

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2014, 03:16:03 PM »

How dare you. Crisp County was 5 last year and definitely deserved #4 this year. Just because no one is on The Vent promoting them all year doesn't mean they didn't earn their win.  And they were very excited with their placement. Who cares whether you have heard of them or not. What does that have to do with anything?  Stop insulting high school girls who did their best. You aren't a judge.
[/quo

Chill out.....I didn't say they didn't deserve to be there or that they weren't any good. Go back and reread what I wrote. All I was saying was that ALMOST all of the other winners were named and discussed on here. Made people want to look for those teams.....I don't care what anyone says, when a school team is well known and talked about....those teams usually win. Again, NOT saying anyone did or didn't deserve to win.

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2014, 04:11:58 PM »
What an amazing division!  In my opinion this could have swung a couple of ways that day and I believe the reality is placement had a big place in how everything played out considering the top 3 teams were competing at such a high level.  Cartersville had a great routine, Carrollton looked amazing, Whitewater executed very well.  It's hard to say what it all boiled down to but can't necessarily say the placements were wrong either.  I just think on a different Saturday, any 3 of those teams could have switched spots.  I thought Cartersville really carried some excitement on the back end of their routine which could have helped out with the timing issues that took place at a couple of spots in the routine (jumps, pyramid, and tumbling).  Carrollton was extremely precise.  Hard to pick apart their routine up until the pyramid mishit on the right side.  Whitewater looked like a team that was on a mission and was hitting very hard on the skills as well.  I believe their tumbling hurt them a bit on a day like yesterday. 

Nobody should be surprised when a team is called to a mat.  GHSA judging is so unpredictable nobody should be surprised with anything.  The teams worked hard and the day worked in their favor.

No sure what to really comment on regarding the "laughing" situation.  I didn't hear much about it honestly and I moved around the civic center a lot and sat in many different areas.  It sounds like you all were personally effected by the incident so I can see where it can be upsetting.  I would think with so many people in the arena it could be hard to tell what all people are doing and what type of conversation are happening.  I know when I stand or sit around the coliseum in many different areas, some people are randomly talking and not even paying attention to what is happening on the mat that it could have been totally unrelated.  I like to believe that no athlete would ever laugh at another injured athlete especially in the manner the athlete was injured.  That would be cruel and I believe the athletes of this sport know better.  I would personally let the coaches handle it if there was that big of an issue.  As far as we know, it could already be handled.  Either way, I think the timing of it is bad.  I don't know.  I can't take a side on that issue but I do know with the way that division is so competitive, I wouldn't be surprised to see any of those teams think that something was directed at their team. At the end of the day, I saw good sportsmanship from all teams ins in the top 6 from AAAA.  I am sorry to hear the injury occurred and in the manner it did as well but I was thankful to see that everything appeared to be ok with her coming back on the mat.  Congrats to Cartersville on their win and all the other teams on their placements!
-This post is purely the opinion of Cheerknowledge and that of no one else and is not by any means influenced by any one person, team, or location.

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines