April 23, 2024, 09:14:00 AM

Ga Cheerleading Vent

Author Topic: Saturday - STATE CHAMPIONSHIP - AAAAA  (Read 9866 times)

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
Saturday - STATE CHAMPIONSHIP - AAAAA
« on: November 12, 2014, 12:02:55 AM »
Please post results here ASAP!!  Feel free to discuss possible outcomes or thoughts as well.  GOOD LUCK to all teams!  Team schedules will be filled in once sectionals are complete.

Schedule
-This post is purely the opinion of Cheerknowledge and that of no one else and is not by any means influenced by any one person, team, or location.

Offline ghsacheerfan

• Reputation Power: 0
  • ghsacheerfan is new.
Re: Saturday - STATE CHAMPIONSHIP - AAAAA
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2014, 01:30:19 AM »
I was shocked with some of the result in 5a! Obviously Starrs Mill deserved the win, but the rest to me wasn't right! I know effingham had an out of bounds on tumbling and a slight pyramid problem but should've still at least been in the top 6! And to me Ola should've been runner up, But that's why I'm not a judge!

Offline OnThisDayIseeClearly

• Reputation Power: 2
  • OnThisDayIseeClearly is new.
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2014, 02:05:39 AM »
I've not seen any results.  Please enlighten?

cheerfreak5678

Re: Saturday - STATE CHAMPIONSHIP - AAAA
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2014, 02:15:28 AM »
To the person who never heard of West Laurens and Crisp County -  Just for the record West Laurens has made it to the state competition on Saturday for the last 2 years and I know Crisp made it last year and maybe before that. These girls have worked extremely hard and deserved to make it to the mat and even though they did not win 1st place, this was still a victory for them - please don't take it away from them!!!

Offline cheernerd10

• cheernerd10 is new.
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2014, 10:16:41 AM »
Region 4-AAAAA dominated in the 5A division.

1st Starr's Mill- 295
2nd Union Grove-293
3rd Ola-290
4th Northgate-288

Offline Jubop

• Jubop is new.
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2014, 11:06:21 AM »
Stars Mill
Union Grove
Ola
Northgate
Houston County
East Paulding

Offline cheerub

• cheerub is new.
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2014, 11:18:34 AM »
How crazy is it that the top 4 are all from the same region??? I thought Ola would have won over Starr's but I knew Starr's was awesome. I agree with a previous post about Effingham- I believe they were 7th by a point. Union Grove also had an out of bounds but it was on the opposite side away from the safety judge so it wasn't seen. 5A is by far the toughest division!! I think that all of the results from all sessions prove that on any given day, ANYTHING can happen.

Offline ghsacheerfan

• ghsacheerfan is new.
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2014, 03:37:19 PM »
But effingham is only losing 3 girls next year! They'll be back a ready!

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2014, 03:56:36 PM »
This was an exciting division to watch.  Starrs Mill just set the bar too high for any other team to catch them. The whole arena was in to their routine and the cheerleaders were cranking it out.  I saw Ola second and Northgate 3rd with a tossup between Union Grove and the others for 4-6.  I agree Effingham had the potential but thougth top 6 would have been a stretch because they errors that occurred in the routine were just too tough to overcome.  At the state level, it will really hurt you to have a major mistake.  They really like to award teams that hit.  I was surprised to see Northgate in the 4th slot because I felt their two bobbles shouldn't have hurt them that much.  The rest of their routine was absolutely flawless.  Starrs Mill was just too much for everybody that day.  They had the world on their side.  What a way to send that large group of seniors off and how fitting for them to pull that victory!  Way to go!
-This post is purely the opinion of Cheerknowledge and that of no one else and is not by any means influenced by any one person, team, or location.

Offline GeorgiaCheerFan1029

• GeorgiaCheerFan1029 is new.
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2014, 08:45:09 AM »
Where were Columbus and South Effingham in 5A on Saturday? They were both in the top 4 in 4A for the past two years and I was looking forward to seeing how they would do in 5A.

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2014, 12:21:41 PM »
Where were Columbus and South Effingham in 5A on Saturday? They were both in the top 4 in 4A for the past two years and I was looking forward to seeing how they would do in 5A.

Columbus only had a JV team this year.  South Effingham didn't make it out of sectionals I believe.

Offline GeorgiaCheerFan1029

• GeorgiaCheerFan1029 is new.
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2014, 09:22:00 PM »
Oh wow...ok thanks for the info!

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines