March 28, 2024, 08:10:50 AM

Ga Cheerleading Vent

Poll

Based on the routines, do you feel the correct team won?

Yes
4 (50%)
No
4 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: November 20, 2014, 04:40:10 PM

Author Topic: Saturday - STATE CHAMPIONSHIP - AAAAAA  (Read 8746 times)

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
Saturday - STATE CHAMPIONSHIP - AAAAAA
« on: November 12, 2014, 12:03:14 AM »
Please post results here ASAP!!  Feel free to discuss possible outcomes or thoughts as well.  GOOD LUCK to all teams!  Team schedules will be filled in once sectionals are complete.

Schedule
-This post is purely the opinion of Cheerknowledge and that of no one else and is not by any means influenced by any one person, team, or location.

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
Re: Saturday - STATE CHAMPIONSHIP - AAAAAA
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2014, 03:51:28 PM »
What a tough day for AAAAAA.  It seemed many teams were really having a hard time of finding themselves on the mat.  That is hard to see considering it is considered the most "talented" division.  Outside of Peachtree Ridge, I am not sure if there was a team that was truly solid or had everything up great.  Peachtree Ridge as the champion made sense to me and I believe at one point I even said, "don't be surprised to see them come out on top."  Rob knows how to check the boxes.  Congrats on the state championship Peachtree Ridge!!
-This post is purely the opinion of Cheerknowledge and that of no one else and is not by any means influenced by any one person, team, or location.

Offline cheerga94

• Reputation Power: 1
  • cheerga94 is new.
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2014, 05:36:53 PM »
Really thought Lassiter had this one! Did they not max out? I feel like they were the only ones that actually "hit" their routine.

Offline cheermaster

• Reputation Power: 0
  • cheermaster is new.
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2014, 10:51:59 PM »
First of all Congratulations to Columbus, GA for hosting another great state event.  What a great place to watch cheer.

I disagree with the remark about the AAAAAA division.  I think this year held very good competition for this division especially considering last years team performances, however those who were there and watched every routine would have to agree that the scoring was abominable.

How does a second place team have their first lift hit the floor, one cheerleader put both hands on the mat and one cheerleader step out of bounds and make second place? 

The third place team had a far better routine and had only one fall that hit the floor at the very end of a great routine.

I thought the fourth place team made no mistakes with no possible deductions.  Really they hit everything.  I would like to know what the comparisons are for the top 6 teams and how they maxed out on their categories. 

This is a sport that leaves too much to interpretation.  If you focused on the category of deductions based on errors: first, second and third place would have been different. 

I can assure you there were coaches at this years event that are thankful for judge interpretation, as I did not see much difference in hitting the GHSA required marks for difficulty among any of the 3 that placed.  However I saw errors that were surprising for what teams scored.

Offline cheermaster

• cheermaster is new.
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2014, 11:05:04 PM »
CheerKnowledge

I agree that knowledge is power.  I must inform you that I am powerless as I have no idea who Rob is.  Please enlighten me.

Thank you

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2014, 05:29:30 AM »
I was under the impression when viewing AAAAAA, that it appeared under the mark of consistency and hitting.  Each team you mentioned in the top 6 outside of Lassiter and the winning team, had an error.  I would say that is a day where it is "hard to find yoruself on the mat."  Just my opinion.

Head coach of Peachtree Ridge.

Offline cheeratl

• cheeratl is new.
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2014, 09:37:57 AM »
I would also like to know if Lassiter maxed out.  They were SOLID.  Saw they scored 267, which means they either did not max out or had safety deductions somewhere.   Peachtree Ridge also did well, but I've seen them cleaner. 

My personal opinion is if Johns Creek did not fall in pyramid, they would have taken it.  I really thought they had it.   

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2014, 09:46:36 AM »
Johns Creek would have won state if hit.

Offline cheeratl

• cheeratl is new.
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2014, 09:57:02 AM »
Also, forgot to mention Peachtree Ridge scored a 281.  Not sure how they scored that high.  I found their execution in running tumbling to have less than great form.

Offline cheermaster

• cheermaster is new.
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2014, 11:15:20 AM »
I have trouble with the fact that Lambert got second and John's Creek got third.  The only team that was perfect any hit everything was Lassiter.  Johns creek defiantly had a better performance than Lambert.  I wish that last pyramid did not come down for them at the end, however basedan on the judging they probably still would have got third place if they were perfect.

Offline cheerdad

• cheerdad is new.
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2014, 03:45:50 PM »
The Saturday - STATE CHAMPIONSHIP - AAAAAA judging was a joke.  Lassiter hit a clean routine and did not max out in any scoring.  How do you make to the the State final as the top rank team in your region without a routine that does not max out?  Peachtree Ridge was the next best team on Saturday.  Johns Creek had a great performance until their pyramid.  The top four should have been

1 - Lassiter
2 - Peachtree Ridge
3 - Johns Creek
4 - Lambert

Offline cheerchamp1

• cheerchamp1 is new.
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2014, 04:27:06 PM »
I missed Lassiter. Is there a video? Also, I think South Forsyth would have had shot at the top spot had they not messed up. I was so impressed with them at sectionals.

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines