March 28, 2024, 06:40:18 AM

Ga Cheerleading Vent

Poll

Based on the routines, do you feel the correct team won?

Yes
1 (5.9%)
No
16 (94.1%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Voting closed: November 20, 2014, 04:39:04 PM

Author Topic: Saturday - STATE CHAMPIONSHIP - CoEd  (Read 17025 times)

Offline Cheermom

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Cheermom is new.
Re: Saturday - STATE CHAMPIONSHIP - CoEd
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2014, 08:43:25 AM »
Yes the rumor is true that GHSA officials have contacted McIntosh.  McIntosh is first, Chestatee is second, and Winder Barrow is third.  Incorrect DOD scores were given.  However I believe this is more of an apology and not a change to the outcome of State.  It's unfair all around but I don't see how you could take it away from Winder Barrow since they were named the official winners right or wrong.  It is what it is but at least GHSA is attempting to handle it the best way they can (after the fact).  Assuming there will be big changes for next year so they can protect their integrity (GHSA). 

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2014, 08:45:56 AM »
Sorry...I just couldn't put a ring on my finger knowing it wasn't the correct outcome.  That is just me though.  What do you say "oh yeah, we got this, even though they messed it up, we won" Soooooooo, you really didn't win did you?

I mean, to set it right, I really feel they should recognize the mistakes, and award at least a co-champion.  Don't take it away but recognize them as co-champions.  This should be the same in other divisions where there was an apparent mistake.
-This post is purely the opinion of Cheerknowledge and that of no one else and is not by any means influenced by any one person, team, or location.

Offline Cheermom

• Cheermom is new.
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2014, 08:55:40 AM »
I like your idea... announce co-champions.  That would be the best outcome for everyone.

Offline cheerbear

• cheerbear is new.
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2014, 09:22:06 AM »
That would be the best thing they can do I agree! My baby girl is so depressed that she doesn't even want to go to school. Some girls broke down at school yesterday when someone said "maybe next year"! How did McIntosh get the results changed? Someone help me out!

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2014, 09:27:06 AM »
That would be the best thing they can do I agree! My baby girl is so depressed that she doesn't even want to go to school. Some girls broke down at school yesterday when someone said "maybe next year"! How did McIntosh get the results changed? Someone help me out!

McIntosh didn't get results changed.  There is a major discrepancy in the story.  Simply put, McIntosh was told there was an error in judging and they were sorry.  They are hoping to correct some of these issues moving forward.  However, the results will stand.
-This post is purely the opinion of Cheerknowledge and that of no one else and is not by any means influenced by any one person, team, or location.

Offline Cheermom

• Cheermom is new.
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2014, 09:28:37 AM »
I don't know that GHSA will officially change the scores... I believe it was more of an apology and them admitting that they got it wrong.  It is a fact that the DOD portion is pretty black and white and it's not really so much a judgement call on that portion.... you simply cannot earn max points if you aren't throwing the skills.  And yes... it's devastated these kids who devote so much of their youth to this sport.  Losing fair and square is disappointing but understandable but this is totally different.  And... for a senior who won't ever get that second chance it's really sad.

Offline CheerNazi

• CheerNazi is new.
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2014, 11:15:33 AM »
McIntosh scores have been changed, or shall I say corrected. @McIntoshTrail is the official page on twitter declaring 1st place publicly. Twitter is lit with the same statement. If you all have not seen the AAA thread on here, you might want to take a look. The same thing happened between Calhoun and Pierce.

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2014, 11:19:36 AM »
That twitter feed is a student ran account.

Be careful about everything you believe :)

Offline CheerNazi

• CheerNazi is new.
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2014, 11:24:50 AM »
You ought to look at the tweets back. There is a parent of Winder-Barrow literally arguing with the student-run account. Name is @dhansenAGG...

Offline Cheermom

• Cheermom is new.
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2014, 11:27:32 AM »
Call me old school but I've never even been on twitter and don't know how to tweet.  I wish all of those people would be respectful to each other though.

Offline CheerNazi

• CheerNazi is new.
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2014, 11:30:10 AM »
Agree 100% HOWEVER, a parent should not mess with a child which does not belong to them.

Offline Cheermom

• Cheermom is new.
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2014, 11:32:09 AM »
Agreed CheerNazi.  Very immature.

Offline Cheerymom

• Cheerymom is new.
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2014, 01:06:35 PM »
extremely sad for the Seniors.....very unfortunate
please GHSA make this right!

Offline UPro Media

• Administrator
  • UPro Media is new.
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2014, 05:10:40 PM »
Wow, these are some very interesting posts.  Winder is the State Coed Champions for 2014.  That will not change.  I would love to see video review become a real option for GHSA Cheerleading.  I would also love to see a coaches challenge added.  This challenge would not be for the placement of any teams, however for the dod, scoring, and deductions.  In order for this to work, these scores would need to be viewable immediatly as the judges are scoring.  This would add a new dynamic to the sport that could be exciting.
As for Columbus, I  hate that as I watch, every judge, music person, and official is wearing a jacket, sweater, or some type of warm clothing.  The cheerleaders cannot dress for the cold environment of the Columbus arena and its cold nature.  For this reason, The State Championship should be moved to a place that is more accommodating for the athletes that will perform there. 

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines