March 28, 2024, 10:56:15 AM

Ga Cheerleading Vent

Author Topic: State Championship Youtube Links  (Read 10812 times)

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
State Championship Youtube Links
« on: November 17, 2014, 01:25:42 PM »
Please post any and all youtube links to state championship routines.  Sectionals or Finals.  Just make sure to title the link appropriately.  Let's have a good database here.  Once it dies down, I will compile and easy list to go to for all routines.

1. Calhoun High School - AAA State Finals - State Champions
2. Starrs Mill High School - AAAAA State Finals - State Champions ---This performance is amazing!!!!
3. Ola High School - AAAAA State Finals - 3rd Place
4. Northgate High School - AAAAA State Finals - 4th place
5. McIntosh High School - CoEd State Finals - State Runner Up
6. Chestatee High School - CoEd State Finals - 3rd Place
7. Cartersville High School - AAAA State Finals - State Champions
8. Carrollton High School - AAAA State Finals - State Runner Up
-This post is purely the opinion of Cheerknowledge and that of no one else and is not by any means influenced by any one person, team, or location.

Offline cheerchamp1

• Reputation Power: 0
  • cheerchamp1 is new.
Re: State Championship Youtube Links
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2014, 06:11:41 PM »
Starr's Mill was unbelievable! The judges definitely got this one right. I can't say the same for all other divisions. Awesome job!! You are the envy of many girls. Loved your theme as well. Way to represent!!

Offline cheernerd10

• cheernerd10 is new.
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2014, 07:12:34 PM »
Starr's Mill gave me chills. You can tell that team wanted it bad. I've watched it over and over and that stunt sequence, running tumbling, and jumps were true perfection. WOW!

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2014, 07:16:45 PM »
Can't disagree.  I always said...all year long....that team had something special about them.  With the right timing, they could get it done.  I will not lie and said Northgate was my pick.  However, I mentioned Starrs Mill putting the heat on.  Northgate had the pressure on to hit the routine of a lifetime and wasn't able to pull the trigger.  Starrs Mill was just too far out of reach.
-This post is purely the opinion of Cheerknowledge and that of no one else and is not by any means influenced by any one person, team, or location.

Offline Queenofcheermoms

• Queenofcheermoms is new.
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2014, 11:06:24 AM »
Starrs Mill put on their best performance of the year.  Northgate had mistakes that they had not made the past few weeks.  It was unfortunate b/c they have a VERY clean and athletic routine.  (Just my opinion, I choose athleticism over bouncy and cutesy)  I do not understand what happened to the judging in this division.  Union Grove clearly stepped across the white tape in the front right corner of the mat and no deductions were given.  Anyway, judging was a bit off once you got passed Starrs Mill.  Not sure how UG placed above Ola and Northgate.  Not to take anything away from the girls on that team, but just didn't think their routine was as clean.  Once again, highly disappointed in the judging. 

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2014, 11:20:55 AM »
Union Grove stepping on a white strip is not a deduction.  If union grove stepped OFF the mat, that is a problem.

Offline cheernerd10

• cheernerd10 is new.
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2014, 12:26:35 PM »
Starrs Mill put on their best performance of the year.  Northgate had mistakes that they had not made the past few weeks.  It was unfortunate b/c they have a VERY clean and athletic routine.  (Just my opinion, I choose athleticism over bouncy and cutesy)  I do not understand what happened to the judging in this division.  Union Grove clearly stepped across the white tape in the front right corner of the mat and no deductions were given.  Anyway, judging was a bit off once you got passed Starrs Mill.  Not sure how UG placed above Ola and Northgate.  Not to take anything away from the girls on that team, but just didn't think their routine was as clean.  Once again, highly disappointed in the judging.

I'm not sure I understand the "cutesy and bouncy" referral to anyone in the 5A classification? Everyone is 5A held their own with athleticism because the scores from the whole day show that.

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2014, 12:34:00 PM »
Starrs Mill's routine was athletic, energetic, fun, passionate, amazing, I mean....do I need more adjectives???

Northgate is good, but they were not able to touch Starrs Mill that day.  Starrs Mill owned the presence of the mat. 

Offline Cheermom

• Cheermom is new.
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2014, 08:34:36 AM »
Why in the world can I not find any video of Winder Barrow's winning performance for the coed division online?  Seems it would be posted by now.  Can anyone else find it?

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2014, 08:41:11 AM »
Why in the world can I not find any video of Winder Barrow's winning performance for the coed division online?  Seems it would be posted by now.  Can anyone else find it?

Sometimes it takes a little bit of time.  But, they may not put it out either.

Offline cheerga

• cheerga is new.
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2014, 09:23:34 AM »
Anyone know where I could see Armuchee, Coosa, and Screven AA performance from Finals?

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2014, 12:20:22 PM »
Anyone know where I could see Armuchee, Coosa, and Screven AA performance from Finals?
I have been wondering the same thing.  I want to go back and watch these as well :)

Offline Queenofcheermoms

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2014, 01:00:12 PM »
Union Grove stepping on a white strip is not a deduction.  If union grove stepped OFF the mat, that is a problem.

She stepped over the white stripe.  Those mats are college mats which are a slightly larger than ghsa mats.  The mat she stepped on is outside of the white line.  Not dumb, but thanks.

Offline Queenofcheermoms

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2014, 01:02:17 PM »

I said she stepped over the white line, not on it.

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
Re: Re: State Championship Youtube Links
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2014, 02:26:29 PM »

With all due respect, I never called you dumb.  The white lines are warning lines, not out of bounds lines.  Stepping on the line, over the line but still on a mat, does not count as a deduction.  Again, it is just a warning. 

That is why I mention going OFF the mat.  OFF the mat is a deduction.  It clearly is two different things.  Sorry if you took that offensively but wasn't anywhere near trying to be like that.  No need to get defensive over facts.

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines