April 27, 2024, 12:02:56 PM

Ga Cheerleading Vent

Author Topic: Region and CoEd sectionals  (Read 17611 times)

Offline NGACHEERMOM

• Reputation Power: 0
  • NGACHEERMOM is new.
Re: Region and CoEd sectionals
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2015, 09:49:15 PM »
My apologies for posting the incorrect info.  Woodland was absolutely highly skilled and very entertaining and I do feel that it was unjust and they they should be advancing to state.  I personally felt that they had the best dance of any team I saw.   

Offline cheermomma12345

• cheermomma12345 is new.
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2015, 10:18:09 PM »
I agree with you. You could tell they wanted it, and they truly deserve to be moving on in the competition.

X10

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2015, 02:45:05 AM »
Woodland was in fact an amazing team and very entertaining to watch. From what I saw initially right off the bat with the pyramid was that the "spotters" for the pyramid, when the boys would do the unassisted stunting, were standing WAYYYY too far away to even be considered "spotters". And I assume that was where Woodland got hit with the safety deductions. And they're quite costly.
I saw them on a video from McEachern and I thought the same thing. The thing with GHSA is that sometimes, more often than anything, the judges won't catch them. And it sucks to finally be called on it at sectionals or region.
But that's why you need to send stunt/pyramid videos in for approval of legality. It sucks that the system is like this, but that's just the way it is. And we have to just deal with it. :(

Bringiton313

« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2015, 07:18:25 AM »
I've had the privilege to watch those boys and girl over 4 times and as you can clearly see in the video the spotters are right next to them definitely not far away and the only reason it seems they are right there is so that you are able to see what the boys are doing @

Offline gacheermom

• gacheermom isn't well liked for some reason.
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2015, 08:12:43 AM »
My personal opinion is that the judging at Co-ed sectionals was off but that is what I have come to expect with GHSA, there is no consistency. 

My biggest complaint about Co-ed Sectionals is that it is not really fair that no matter how many teams compete, only 16 make it to finals.  When you look some of the regions where there were only 1 or 2 teams and they both make it to state, they at least have 2 shots at making finals(regionals and then sectionals).  Co-ed teams get one shot.  If co-ed teams continue to grow, as I think they will, GHSA should re-visit their co-ed strategy.  Plus it makes for an extremely long day of judging and I feel like some of the teams later in the day benefited from "looser" scoring.

Gacheer12347

« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2015, 09:58:21 AM »
X10, let me just ask you this. If you worked your butt off all season long and suddenly, you're eliminated from the competition for something you couldn't even help, would you be able to just "deal with it?" I don't think you would. These kids are heartbroken, all because the judges are not using the same rules. If this pyramid was illegal, it would've been called at the beginning of the year. They are the same distance away at every competition. You can go and watch every single video.

Offline Cheer455

• Cheer455 is new.
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2015, 12:19:35 PM »
There is no reason why a team who didn't deserve that deduction should just have to deal with the judges giving false deductions. As a parent if my child was to work her hardest to get to state and be ripped off like that I would do everything in my power to fix it. They had a great routine with excellent energy! I believe that the judges didn't know how to score an original pyramid like that!

X10

« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2015, 09:42:24 PM »
Gacheer12347,

Trust me when I say this, I have been through an emotional hell and back with GHSA cheer and I knew that competing anywhere, regardless if it was a regular competition or region/state, I have to mentally prepare myself for the most out-of-nowhere-wtf-what-is-this kind of situation. Every competition, it never ceases to amaze of how inconsistent the system is.
I know there SHOULD BE some kind of system to repair these kind of damages, but unfortunately there are none. It always takes me sooooo long to "deal with it" but at the end of the day, we have to because we can't do anything about it.
If there were some kind of system to fix these errors, I can guarantee you that some state champions wouldn't be state champions anymore.

There are obviously some judges that can't pick things up quickly and ultimately you will receive inaccurate results. My biggest thing is that the judges shouldn't be seated so close to the mat. It limits your vision by A LOT. They need to sit up higher in the bleachers or wherever.

Again, the judges SHOULD HAVE warned Woodland about the spotter distances early on in the season. But sh*t happens. Even though it shouldn't because it's seriously taking away the validity of this sport.

Woodland was an amazing team this year and I hope they can come back again just as strong if not stronger. I saw them coming out of sectionals and the kids were balling their eyes out and it pained me to see them so torn.

Offline Cheerleader2016

• Cheerleader2016 is new.
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2015, 10:40:27 PM »
Anyone have videos of any 4A teams that are advancing to sectionals Friday?

Krod46

« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2015, 08:08:07 PM »
Hello everyone I am a representative of the woodland high school  competition coed cheer team. As you all know my team mates and I have been wronged,so this week we have been fighting for our dreams to compete in state. Unfortunately our dreams have been crushed by GHSA. We have fought till the end,but there is nothing we did that helped us.As of today we must move on with our great reputation. All of us have been reading and we just want to say thank you for your support. We will end the season with our dignity knowing we will come back next year ready for war.

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines