March 28, 2024, 06:57:06 PM

Ga Cheerleading Vent

Author Topic: AAAAA Advancing to state finals  (Read 9625 times)

Offline UPro Media

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • UPro Media is new.
AAAAA Advancing to state finals
« on: November 13, 2015, 09:30:56 PM »
AAAAA Advancing to state finals:

8.  East Paulding
7.  Lakeside
6.  LaGrange
5.  Union Grove
4.  Alexander
3.  Northgate
2.  Cambridge
1.  Effingham Co

Offline ghsacheerfan

• ghsacheerfan is new.
Re: AAAAA Advancing to state finals
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2015, 11:54:23 PM »
AAAAA Advancing to state finals:

8.  East Paulding
7.  Lakeside
6.  LaGrange
5.  Union Grove
4.  Alexander
3.  Northgate
2.  Cambridge
1.  Effingham Co
Any video??? Heard Effingham KILLED it!!

Offline SplitPea

• SplitPea is new.
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2015, 12:00:39 AM »
They were ok. Cambridge was head and shoulders above the rest.

Offline cheerub

• cheerub is new.
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2015, 01:28:54 PM »
So......how do we know for sure that there was an error? There was a tie between Cambridge and Effingham in sectionals, but when the high and low score was added back in, Effingham was 5 points ahead. Both teams maxed out tumbling, so the 5 points could have (and probably were) execution points, especially since BOTH teams maxed all areas. In a sport that clearly specifies "judges decisions are final" and "there are no protests," I don't see this happening.

Offline cheerfan

• cheerfan is new.
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2015, 08:13:17 PM »
They were ok. Cambridge was head and shoulders above the rest.
Agree 100%.

Offline cheerub

• cheerub is new.
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2015, 10:34:42 AM »
Only one judge determines the DOD score for each component of the routine; so the judge in charge of tumbling would give the number of fulls or skills and then that judge determines the DOD score and all judges give the same DOD score. Each judge can give his or her own execution score, but the DOD score is the same. The head judge then reviews all scoresheets before signing off on them. An error like that would have been caught- that's what the discussion at the table is for.

You only need four fulls to max running tumbling and three to max standing. Cambridge threw eight & there's no way to miss that. Even if the tumbling judge had miscounted, all it would take is for someone else to say, "I saw more." At this level I don't think miscounting of fulls is the issue- I can understand illegal stunt and safety calls but not tumbling. Perhaps it was execution scores that were lower- even IF you don't max out in number, you could still get the highest execution scores. Execution is higher than DOD as far as total points go anyway.

I saw both days' performances and Cambridge came out in finals with a more polished and clean routine than they had in sectionals. That score may have been what pushed them to do better. Same with Northgate- they did not have the mistakes on Saturday that we saw on Friday. Effingham had a stunt move on Saturday that didn't move on Friday. At the end of the day, it's about who executes the most solid routine. I thought the top 4 were exactly right and well-deserved.

Offline ghsacheerfan

• ghsacheerfan is new.
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2015, 12:45:02 AM »
Only one judge determines the DOD score for each component of the routine; so the judge in charge of tumbling would give the number of fulls or skills and then that judge determines the DOD score and all judges give the same DOD score. Each judge can give his or her own execution score, but the DOD score is the same. The head judge then reviews all scoresheets before signing off on them. An error like that would have been caught- that's what the discussion at the table is for.

You only need four fulls to max running tumbling and three to max standing. Cambridge threw eight & there's no way to miss that. Even if the tumbling judge had miscounted, all it would take is for someone else to say, "I saw more." At this level I don't think miscounting of fulls is the issue- I can understand illegal stunt and safety calls but not tumbling. Perhaps it was execution scores that were lower- even IF you don't max out in number, you could still get the highest execution scores. Execution is higher than DOD as far as total points go anyway.

I saw both days' performances and Cambridge came out in finals with a more polished and clean routine than they had in sectionals. That score may have been what pushed them to do better. Same with Northgate- they did not have the mistakes on Saturday that we saw on Friday. Effingham had a stunt move on Saturday that didn't move on Friday. At the end of the day, it's about who executes the most solid routine. I thought the top 4 were exactly right and well-deserved.
Well put!!

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines