March 28, 2024, 03:39:54 PM

Ga Cheerleading Vent

Author Topic: 2015 State results  (Read 5262 times)

Offline NWGACheerMom

• Reputation Power: 0
  • NWGACheerMom is new.
2015 State results
« on: November 15, 2015, 07:06:41 PM »
Let start off with I no longer have a child cheering in high school but do in college.  I've attended a lot of GHSA State competition and this year's blew me away and not in a great way!  What happened to the judging not only at Saturday's comp but through out this entire cheer season?  Where is the consistency in judging?   How does not one panel of judges through out this entire season call illegal moves on routines but knocks teams out of making it to Stare or costing teams the State championship?  Please don't get me wrong on  this but I am completely shocked and heartbroken for several teams at the WRONG decisions made this year. 
Does anyone else agree?

Offline gacheermom

• Reputation Power: 0
  • gacheermom isn't well liked for some reason.
Re: 2015 State results
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2015, 10:21:52 AM »
I totally agree. 

They really need to do something about consistency.  If a team has been doing a skill the same way all season, there is no excuse for it being called illegal at regionals, sectionals or state for the first time!!! That makes no sense.  The same thing with scoring, if a particular part of the routine has been scoring one thing all season, there should be no reason that same part scores lower at regional, sectional or state.  I guarantee that if something had been scoring low, a coach would have made changes to try and increase the score before they got to regional, sectional or state. To find out that late and when it ends your season is just not fair...but who ever said GHSA was fair.

GHSA Cheer tweeted on Saturday about all the back to back champions...granted some of those teams are pretty good but at the same time it makes you wonder how much of that is due to judging bias....

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines