March 28, 2024, 12:04:59 PM

Ga Cheerleading Vent

Author Topic: AAA Predictions?  (Read 17271 times)

Allstar3

Re: AAA Predictions?
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2016, 10:49:11 AM »
Yes I was there, otherwise I wouldn't have said I saw them being rude. And they were rude to our girls. Period. Maybe not to yours, but absolutely rude to ours. As for dealing with this county, I am talking about other sports in which my county competes with them, so yes I have had quite a lot of experience with their athletes and parents.

Offline Mamaluv

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Mamaluv is new.
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2016, 11:02:58 AM »
Like I thought...someone is sore.  I don't think you can fairly compare other sports when talking about this.  The girls cant help what other kids in another sport do...I was there  I know what I saw and those girls cheered for other teams as did the parents.  I have never seen them be rude.  There is a big difference in being reserved and being rude!

Allstar3

« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2016, 11:11:09 AM »
Like I thought...someone is sore.  I don't think you can fairly compare other sports when talking about this.  The girls cant help what other kids in another sport do...I was there  I know what I saw and those girls cheered for other teams as did the parents.  I have never seen them be rude.  There is a big difference in being reserved and being rude!

Let me repeat my original statement once again: Pierce is very good. They have a ton of talent and deserve to win. I DO NOT HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THIS. Now tell me, how does that mean I'm sore?  You do not know what members of my team said about how ugly some of the Pierce girls were to them. This is not the first time it's happened, either. So you can have your own lofty opinion of Pierce, and I will maintain mine. I was there, too, and I know what I saw and heard.

Offline Mamaluv

• Mamaluv is new.
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2016, 11:15:35 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Best of luck to all the girls this weekend!
May the best team win!

Allstar3

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2016, 11:16:52 AM »
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Best of luck to all the girls this weekend!
May the best team win!

Absolutely!

gobears

« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2016, 11:27:34 AM »
Being someone who has lived in Pierce my whole life, I can say without a doubt that our county has never shown a shred of un-sportsman like conduct, especially our cheer team.  I have previously been involved with the competition cheer team and their coach, from day one, has taught them how to be humble and gracious.  Pierce is also respectful and professional when it comes to the sport and competition.  That is what makes them a winning team.  It can only be expected of them to sit quietly and gracefully on the mat when waiting for the results.  When nerves and tensions are that high, how can one not expect the team to appear more reserved than usual.  Pierce knows how much hard work goes into making a good routine and so they know how hard the other teams work as well. Of course they would congratulate and clap for others. From the previous comments, it seems as if they did this past weekend as they have always done. They also take into consideration the feelings of others. How would you feel if someone who had just placed higher than you came up and started congratulating and boasting? Now THAT would come off as rude and condescending. Pierce is a good team with a good heart. I cannot fathom where one would make claims of them being standoffish and rude.

Allstar3

« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2016, 11:40:42 AM »
Being someone who has lived in Pierce my whole life, I can say without a doubt that our county has never shown a shred of un-sportsman like conduct, especially our cheer team.  I have previously been involved with the competition cheer team and their coach, from day one, has taught them how to be humble and gracious.  Pierce is also respectful and professional when it comes to the sport and competition.  That is what makes them a winning team.  It can only be expected of them to sit quietly and gracefully on the mat when waiting for the results.  When nerves and tensions are that high, how can one not expect the team to appear more reserved than usual.  Pierce knows how much hard work goes into making a good routine and so they know how hard the other teams work as well. Of course they would congratulate and clap for others. From the previous comments, it seems as if they did this past weekend as they have always done. They also take into consideration the feelings of others. How would you feel if someone who had just placed higher than you came up and started congratulating and boasting? Now THAT would come off as rude and condescending. Pierce is a good team with a good heart. I cannot fathom where one would make claims of them being standoffish and rude.

First off, their nerves could not possibly have been high. They had this one in the bag, rightfully so, and everybody knew it. But, I can respect being reserved while sitting on the mat. My own team is the same way. Personally, I prefer to see a team of girls acting ladylike rather than jumping around and twerking. That is not the issue here. The issue is when someone congratulates you, and you turn your back without saying a word. I'm sorry, but I can't see an excuse for that. THAT is rude and condescending. No one asked Pierce to congratulate anyone, but I don't think it would be at all rude for them to say "good job" to other teams. Doesn't matter, because they don't even acknowledge that anyone exists but them. And you can say without a doubt your county has "never shown a shred of un-sportsman like conduct"??? Maybe you should ask Appling county about that one, since a Pierce football player started a fight on the field during a game....
Or maybe you should go to a baseball game and listen to some of the Pierce parents scream insults at the other team's players.

Allstar3

« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2016, 11:47:11 AM »
FYI, while watching Pierce perform this weekend, my team parents had NOTHING but good things to say about them and their unbeatable talent. Their routine is great, they are amazing to watch, and their tumbling is stunning. So don't think I'm putting them down as a team, or that I'm a sore loser or whatever. They are truly excellent on the floor. It's the one to one interaction that is the problem.

gobears

« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2016, 12:39:16 PM »
You obviously haven't heard the sides of conversation from the Appling girls because Pierce could say the same when it comes to good sportsmanship from Appling, there is none. .This makes plenty more sense now that I know what team you are speaking from. Appling County girls are very good at eye rolling and whispering while purposely making eye contact with other teams. I doubt you heard comments from Pierce County yourself. Maybe a rumor one of your girls told you, but that's it. Good luck at sectionals.

gobears

« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2016, 12:50:23 PM »
oh and after speaking to some of the girls. Their nerves were THAT high. It's a region Championship, and they know better than anyone to not act like you "have it in the bag" considering just 2 years ago they lost State by one point. Take a seat.

Allstar3

« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2016, 01:28:19 PM »
oh and after speaking to some of the girls. Their nerves were THAT high. It's a region Championship, and they know better than anyone to not act like you "have it in the bag" considering just 2 years ago they lost State by one point. Take a seat.

Oh, please. Like they were sooooo concerned about that piddly regional competition. Give me a break. They were ten times better than the second place team.  State is a whole different story, where they will actually have some competition. There was no one even close to beating them at region. They knew it. Everybody knew it, before the event ever occurred.
And don't assume you know which side I speak from, just because I mention another county. How do you know we'll even be at sectionals? You don't.

Offline cheerislife2016

• cheerislife2016 is new.
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2016, 02:01:39 PM »
Does anyone know the scores from this weekend from the teams?

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines