March 28, 2024, 01:56:52 PM

Ga Cheerleading Vent

Author Topic: Northwest Georgia Region at the University of West Georgia  (Read 7317 times)

Offline GeoPierceT

• Reputation Power: 1
  • GeoPierceT is new.
Northwest Georgia Region at the University of West Georgia
« on: November 05, 2016, 02:55:20 PM »
5-6A
1. Northgate
2. Alexander
3. Mays
4. Douglas County

6-5A
1. Riverwood
2. Lithia Springs

7-5A
1. Carrollton
2. Kell
3. Cass
4. Villa Rica

5-4A
1. Cedartown
2. Troup Co.
3. Cartersville
4. Lagrange

6-3A
1. Ringgold
2. Calhoun
3. LFO
4. Adairsville

7-AA
1. Coosa
2. Armuchee
3. Pepperell
4. Rockmart

5-AA
1. Lamar County

Offline cheermomma

• Reputation Power: 0
  • cheermomma is new.
Re: Northwest Georgia Region at the University of West Georgia
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2016, 11:32:08 PM »
Anyone know how the 4A teams looked?

Offline GeoPierceT

• GeoPierceT is new.
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2016, 12:00:42 PM »
This is how I saw the competition.

Region 5-6A
Northgate is extremely talented. I don't think this was their best performance this season, they had one drop and one member didn't perform a group tumble; however, their difficulty is high, they're in sync, tumbling and stunts/pyramids are awesome. They have a solid routine that mostly likely will bring them another state title.
Alexander was solid. Appeared one member stepped off the mat after tumbling pass. Stunts and pyramids were great. Possible Top 6.
I was impressed with Mays. Only 11 on the floor, and all were fantastic! Tumbling, Cheer, Dance, Stunts. The crowd was in it! Sneaker team for finals.

Had a difficult time choosing the 4th team in the region. Saw lots of mistakes (drops, step off mat, shaky pyramids/stunts), and some less difficult tumbling passes. Hopefully, Langston Hughes will put on a solid routine at Sectionals.  :)

Region 6-5A
Both teams had off days. I haven't seen either school at other competitions I've attended, so not sure what they're really capable of....I'm sure they can be solid. Bring it Friday!  :)

Region 7-5A
Carrollton was great at region. Their tumbling (standing and running) was crazy good....so many fulls! One drop, but impressive overall. If they're on their game Saturday, could win title.
Kell was also great. My first time seeing them perform. No drops, solid all through their routine. Good energy! I don't think I saw any fulls, so that may hold them back.
Cass had a decent performance, couple of stumbles/executing stunts. Tumbling was great and I enjoyed their dance sequence.
Villa Rica had a couple of drops, and didn't have any fulls. Good energy and crowd support. Could turn it around at Sectionals.

Region5-4A
Cedartown is a beast! 13 members and solid everywhere you look! They're the only team I've seen this season with pompoms (if only for 10-15 seconds). They execute extremely well in all areas of their routine, and I see a State Championship for them this Saturday.
Troup They were the very first team to perform, and I had to watch from the side, but they started the competition off with a bang! They were on! Great energy, high quality stunts, pyramids, and excellent tumbling. Definite Top 6, possible runner-up to Cedartown.
Cartersville was much improved from the last time I saw them (over a month ago @McIntosh). 13 members and a great routine. No drops, had fulls (I think one popped out), and better energy this go around. Possible Top 6.
Lagrange had a good performance. They had a drop, maybe 2. I don't recall seeing any fulls. However, they have one of the cooler moves of any team, when their pyramid bends down, then back up....love that! Sneaker for Top 6.

This was a very solid region, and Top 4 are quality teams.

Region 6-3A
Ringgold is on a roll. They also won the previous weekend @Dalton. They've got a lot of momentum, and should carry that through to Finals. Solid routine, just some minor technical errors. I'd say definite Top 6.
Calhoun had a good performance, some tumbling mishaps, but rest of routine was nice. Stunts were great. Had 13 members. Top 6.
LFO was also solid. 14 members, fulls, stunts, and pyramids were quality. Good dance.
Adairsville had one of their best performances this season. 13 members. They did have a tumbling sit down, but stunts and pyramids were great.

I haven't seen a lot of AAA schools this season, but I have seen Pierce and Pike Counties at other competitions. They're great. Those two schools and the top two here should be in Top 6 on Saturday.

Region 7AA
Coosa has been solid all season. Won all of their competitions, and look very sleek. More of the same at region. Excellent tumbling, stunts, pyramids, dance, and energy...can't be beat in AA. A few technical issues to fix, and they will score big. I really expect a State Championship for them.
Armuchee had a great routine. 12 members. One drop in pyramid, recovered quick. Excellent tumbling, dance, and energy. Top 6 for sure, possible runner-up to Coosa.
Pepperell put on their best routine of the season. 14 members today, but should have 15 on Friday. I've seen them multiple times this season. No drops, great tumbling (couple of awkward landings), great energy, dance. Top 6.
Rockmart had a decent performance. 13 members. Didn't see any fulls. Stunts and pyramids were shaky at times.

This is a great region in AA. Along with Region 2AA, should be well represented in Finals, and possibly all Top 6 from these two regions.

Region 5AA
Lamar County had an off day. Quite a few drops in stunts and pyramids. Only team in this region, so they'll perform Saturday. Hopefully, they can shine there.

Northwest Georgia Region was an awesome event!!! Expect to see at least 3 State Champions (possibly 4) from this region!!! Definitely a lot of Top 6 contenders!!!

Best of luck to ALL teams this weekend!!!!!

Allstar3

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2016, 12:11:49 PM »
This is how I saw the competition.

Region 5-6A
Northgate is extremely talented. I don't think this was their best performance this season, they had one drop and one member didn't perform a group tumble; however, their difficulty is high, they're in sync, tumbling and stunts/pyramids are awesome. They have a solid routine that mostly likely will bring them another state title.
Alexander was solid. Appeared one member stepped off the mat after tumbling pass. Stunts and pyramids were great. Possible Top 6.
I was impressed with Mays. Only 11 on the floor, and all were fantastic! Tumbling, Cheer, Dance, Stunts. The crowd was in it! Sneaker team for finals.

Had a difficult time choosing the 4th team in the region. Saw lots of mistakes (drops, step off mat, shaky pyramids/stunts), and some less difficult tumbling passes. Hopefully, Langston Hughes will put on a solid routine at Sectionals.  :)

Region 6-5A
Both teams had off days. I haven't seen either school at other competitions I've attended, so not sure what they're really capable of....I'm sure they can be solid. Bring it Friday!  :)

Region 7-5A
Carrollton was great at region. Their tumbling (standing and running) was crazy good....so many fulls! One drop, but impressive overall. If they're on their game Saturday, could win title.
Kell was also great. My first time seeing them perform. No drops, solid all through their routine. Good energy! I don't think I saw any fulls, so that may hold them back.
Cass had a decent performance, couple of stumbles/executing stunts. Tumbling was great and I enjoyed their dance sequence.
Villa Rica had a couple of drops, and didn't have any fulls. Good energy and crowd support. Could turn it around at Sectionals.

Region5-4A
Cedartown is a beast! 13 members and solid everywhere you look! They're the only team I've seen this season with pompoms (if only for 10-15 seconds). They execute extremely well in all areas of their routine, and I see a State Championship for them this Saturday.
Troup They were the very first team to perform, and I had to watch from the side, but they started the competition off with a bang! They were on! Great energy, high quality stunts, pyramids, and excellent tumbling. Definite Top 6, possible runner-up to Cedartown.
Cartersville was much improved from the last time I saw them (over a month ago @McIntosh). 13 members and a great routine. No drops, had fulls (I think one popped out), and better energy this go around. Possible Top 6.
Lagrange had a good performance. They had a drop, maybe 2. I don't recall seeing any fulls. However, they have one of the cooler moves of any team, when their pyramid bends down, then back up....love that! Sneaker for Top 6.

This was a very solid region, and Top 4 are quality teams.

Region 6-3A
Ringgold is on a roll. They also won the previous weekend @Dalton. They've got a lot of momentum, and should carry that through to Finals. Solid routine, just some minor technical errors. I'd say definite Top 6.
Calhoun had a good performance, some tumbling mishaps, but rest of routine was nice. Stunts were great. Had 13 members. Top 6.
LFO was also solid. 14 members, fulls, stunts, and pyramids were quality. Good dance.
Adairsville had one of their best performances this season. 13 members. They did have a tumbling sit down, but stunts and pyramids were great.

I haven't seen a lot of AAA schools this season, but I have seen Pierce and Pike Counties at other competitions. They're great. Those two schools and the top two here should be in Top 6 on Saturday.

Region 7AA
Coosa has been solid all season. Won all of their competitions, and look very sleek. More of the same at region. Excellent tumbling, stunts, pyramids, dance, and energy...can't be beat in AA. A few technical issues to fix, and they will score big. I really expect a State Championship for them.
Armuchee had a great routine. 12 members. One drop in pyramid, recovered quick. Excellent tumbling, dance, and energy. Top 6 for sure, possible runner-up to Coosa.
Pepperell put on their best routine of the season. 14 members today, but should have 15 on Friday. I've seen them multiple times this season. No drops, great tumbling (couple of awkward landings), great energy, dance. Top 6.
Rockmart had a decent performance. 13 members. Didn't see any fulls. Stunts and pyramids were shaky at times.

This is a great region in AA. Along with Region 2AA, should be well represented in Finals, and possibly all Top 6 from these two regions.

Region 5AA
Lamar County had an off day. Quite a few drops in stunts and pyramids. Only team in this region, so they'll perform Saturday. Hopefully, they can shine there.

Northwest Georgia Region was an awesome event!!! Expect to see at least 3 State Champions (possibly 4) from this region!!! Definitely a lot of Top 6 contenders!!!

Best of luck to ALL teams this weekend!!!!!

What does Adairsville have, in the way of tumbling?

Offline GeoPierceT

• GeoPierceT is new.
Adairsville
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2016, 12:31:43 PM »
Here's a YouTube clip from Saturday.

https://youtu.be/d7180XWvCk4

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines