March 28, 2024, 05:20:26 PM

Ga Cheerleading Vent

Author Topic: 2016 State Championship --- FINALS 2A, 3A, and 4A Results  (Read 8852 times)

Offline GeoPierceT

• Reputation Power: 1
  • GeoPierceT is new.
2016 State Championship --- FINALS 2A, 3A, and 4A Results
« on: November 12, 2016, 05:39:34 PM »
Finals Results for 2A, 3A, and 4A

2A
State Champions--VIDALIA  (259)
2. Pepperell  (248)
3. Coosa (241)
4. Armuchee  (239)
5. Screven County  (237)
6. Dodge County  (235)

3A
State Champions--PIERCE COUNTY  (281)
2. Pike County  (257)
3. Calhoun  (240)
4. Morgan County  (239)
5. Ringgold  (236, *396)
6. Dawson County  (236, *394)

4A
State Champions--CEDARTOWN  (281)
2. Chestatee (258)
3. Lagrange (256)
4. Troup  (249)
5. Heritage, Catoosa (248)
6. Columbus (246)

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Allstar3

Re: 2016 State Championship --- FINALS 2A, 3A, and 4A Results
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2016, 09:22:04 AM »
Congratulations to all the state champions! And a major shout out to Cedartown for the most amazing and creative routine of the day! You guys were AWESOME! So entertaining to watch. You totally earned that number one spot! Other thoughts on the day: Pierce wasn't going to be beat, and rightfully so. I did think Ringgold should've placed, but maybe I missed something.....? I was a little surprised at both Calhoun and Coosa for placing so highly, because both had some pretty big uh-ohs. Didn't really see Vidalia as a win, but again, maybe I missed something. I did feel that Bacon deserved top six. They worked so hard, going so far as to practice at a gym the night before finals, and had an excellent performance. Great job, girls!! I was also proud of Toombs County, and of the brand new Appling County team, who made it to finals for the first time ever. I saw a lot of great routines and was impressed with how efficiently the whole competition was run. Of course there are questions about some of the scoring and judging....but I don't seem to be the only one with those. Overall, a great weekend though!

Offline cheer2016leader7

• Reputation Power: 0
  • cheer2016leader7 is new.
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2016, 07:11:36 PM »
I agree that Calhoun had no business being in third. Very great team, but with a stunt fall and a tumbling deduction it is beyond me that they still placed. Morgan County and Ringgold both hit great routines with no falls and only minor bobbles. I think the judging this year not the best and very opinionated. I couldn't find a link to Morgan, but here is of Ringgold at state, and I don't think you missed anything. Morgan and Ringgold deserved third and fourth. https://youtu.be/mLzLPHS18v0

Offline cheernerd10

• cheernerd10 is new.
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2016, 08:10:35 PM »
Pike County had falls and they were 2nd... Ringgold started very clean and then it got alittle messy. Both Morgan and Ringgold also only had 1 full. Ringgold reused their girl over and over and also had -4 on tucks or higher. I think the judges got it right. They clearly were not going to give the 1st place trophy away to anyone who didn't hit and that goes for all divisions. Calhoun may have dropped but they still got credit for the skill. They also had 4 running fulls.

Offline cheer2016leader7

• cheer2016leader7 is new.
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2016, 09:07:45 PM »
Ringgold should of been credited for 2 standing fulls, and 2 running fulls. They also have 12/15 doing standing tucks and handspring tucks. The judges did not get it right. The only thing calhoun has over Ringgold is that they get 6's for DOD in running tumbling and standing, and Ringgold gets 5's, but Calhoun's dropped stunt and deduction should of brought down their execution for partner stunts and running tumbling. Meaning that it is a little suspicious that calhoun who was 2013-2014 state champs and in the top 6  in 2015 makes it to the floor and places higher than teams that hit their routine, and had no deductions and did not lose very many points for not maxing out. Judges have preexisting opinions on teams, and it seems to have shown in calhouns placement.

Offline cheerislife2016

• cheerislife2016 is new.
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2016, 09:21:04 PM »
Pike County had falls and they were 2nd... Ringgold started very clean and then it got alittle messy. Both Morgan and Ringgold also only had 1 full. Ringgold reused their girl over and over and also had -4 on tucks or higher. I think the judges got it right. They clearly were not going to give the 1st place trophy away to anyone who didn't hit and that goes for all divisions. Calhoun may have dropped but they still got credit for the skill. They also had 4 running fulls.
Even with not maxing on tumbling that only puts ringgold 6 points overall under calhoun which ringgold obviously should've made up in execution considering calhoun had a stunt fall and a tumbling deduction, but maybe that's just my opinion.

Offline cheerislife2016

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2016, 09:24:19 PM »
And all girls but the three in the back row do standing tucks. Ringgold had been getting 5's all year. This was a judging mistake.

Offline cheerislife2016

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2016, 09:42:28 PM »
Last thing i have to say, calhoun pyramid execution was not that great honestly and ringgolds could've been better. They also had a pretty bad full in running, a fallen full up, and one of the flyers could barely hold her body positions, and overall just super low energy in the dance and the rest of the routine. While they are good, i think they received too much credit, and so did coosa, and it's simply because they are calhoun and coosa.

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines