March 29, 2024, 10:46:19 AM

Ga Cheerleading Vent

Author Topic: The State of The Vent 2012  (Read 6475 times)

seanrreid

The State of The Vent 2012
« on: July 25, 2012, 03:10:01 PM »
So, the Vent went offline for a bit and I had some not-so-informative holding page up in the meantime that mentioned new "owners."  So, here's the long overdue explanation of what was going on and what happens next...

I sold the name and the domain to some interested parties with an agreement that I would stick around for administrative purposes AND that I wouldn't disclose to whom I sold the name/domain.  There were quite a few interested parties who believe in the site and what we do here that were bothered by the nonsense that happened last season when the site went offline. They approached me and offered to take over the site to keep it running, meaning that I would be less actively involved in the day-to-day and the financial details. Of course, that also frees me up to be more candid without it affecting the site. My "administrative" duties are pretty much relegated to keeping the software up to date and fending off the spambots. Outside of that, I'm mostly just another participant.

HOWEVER, because GHSA Cheerleading seems to be painfully political, many people have reservations in regards to being open about their financial involvement. So, to keep all parties safe and happy, I've agreed to keep our benefactors identities secret.

SHORT VERSION: The site will stay running for a while thanks to anonymous folks who support the Vent and find value in the civil discourse that takes place here.  :)

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
The State of The Vent 2012
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2012, 10:05:10 PM »
One word - AMEN

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-This post is purely the opinion of Cheerknowledge and that of no one else and is not by any means influenced by any one person, team, or location.

Offline OnThisDayIseeClearly

• Reputation Power: 2
  • OnThisDayIseeClearly is new.
Re: The State of The Vent 2012
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2012, 11:10:28 PM »
So, the Vent went offline for a bit and I had some not-so-informative holding page up in the meantime that mentioned new "owners."  So, here's the long overdue explanation of what was going on and what happens next...

I sold the name and the domain to some interested parties with an agreement that I would stick around for administrative purposes AND that I wouldn't disclose to whom I sold the name/domain.  There were quite a few interested parties who believe in the site and what we do here that were bothered by the nonsense that happened last season when the site went offline. They approached me and offered to take over the site to keep it running, meaning that I would be less actively involved in the day-to-day and the financial details. Of course, that also frees me up to be more candid without it affecting the site. My "administrative" duties are pretty much relegated to keeping the software up to date and fending off the spambots. Outside of that, I'm mostly just another participant.

HOWEVER, because GHSA Cheerleading seems to be painfully political, many people have reservations in regards to being open about their financial involvement. So, to keep all parties safe and happy, I've agreed to keep our benefactors identities secret.

SHORT VERSION: The site will stay running for a while thanks to anonymous folks who support the Vent and find value in the civil discourse that takes place here.  :)

That's good to hear.  This is a wonderful place to vent, discuss ideas, and conversate about what's best for cheerleading. 

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines