April 29, 2024, 08:05:53 AM

Ga Cheerleading Vent

Poll

Based on the routines, do you feel the correct team won?

Yes
5 (20%)
No
20 (80%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Voting closed: November 20, 2014, 04:38:36 PM

Author Topic: Saturday - STATE CHAMPIONSHIP - AAA  (Read 66530 times)

Offline cheerchamp1

• Reputation Power: 0
  • cheerchamp1 is new.
Re: Saturday - STATE CHAMPIONSHIP - AAA
« Reply #60 on: November 17, 2014, 03:16:53 PM »
Watched Calhoun and only 12 girls did the running tumbling. 14 have to tumble to get the max DOD. I missed this at state. Two girls do an aerial and unless I missed something you have to do at least a round off backhand spring tuck to be counted. Did I miss something? With that being the case Pierce would have had a 6 point advantage!

Offline Cheerymom

• Cheerymom is new.
« Reply #61 on: November 17, 2014, 03:58:32 PM »
Cheer knowledge is VERY knowledgeable!!!! Thanks!

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
« Reply #62 on: November 17, 2014, 04:16:31 PM »
Cheer knowledge is VERY knowledgeable!!!! Thanks!

Apparently my post got the board REAL QUIET hahahahaa OOPS
-This post is purely the opinion of Cheerknowledge and that of no one else and is not by any means influenced by any one person, team, or location.

Offline Notachance

• Notachance is new.
« Reply #63 on: November 17, 2014, 04:30:32 PM »
Cheerknowledge - I think you just said what alot have been saying.  The judging was just flat wrong.  When you see the PC video you will see the DOD was higher for PC and execution was as good if not better.

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
« Reply #64 on: November 17, 2014, 04:31:04 PM »
Cheerknowledge - I think you just said what alot have been saying.  The judging was just flat wrong.  When you see the PC video you will see the DOD was higher for PC and execution was as good if not better.

Would love to see!!
-This post is purely the opinion of Cheerknowledge and that of no one else and is not by any means influenced by any one person, team, or location.

Offline Cheerymom

• Cheerymom is new.
« Reply #65 on: November 17, 2014, 04:51:21 PM »
Can anything be done to contest the scores? Hmmm wonder if so what the time limit is. 

Offline cheerjudge

• cheerjudge is new.
« Reply #66 on: November 17, 2014, 05:05:08 PM »
GHSA counts Arials as advance tumbling and a Full ups where the to spins 360 degrees and the bases do not move receives credit.

Offline OnThisDayIseeClearly

• Reputation Power: 2
  • OnThisDayIseeClearly is new.
« Reply #67 on: November 17, 2014, 05:05:51 PM »
Can anything be done to contest the scores? Hmmm wonder if so what the time limit is. 

There is no appeal of cheer scores.  Judges decisions are final.  Per GHDA rules.

Offline cheerub

• cheerub is new.
« Reply #68 on: November 17, 2014, 05:07:53 PM »
Unfortunately I don't think there's anything that can be done. There's the statement in all coaching and judging info that says "the judges' decision is final" so I wouldn't look for anything to be done about it. Think about ALL the times when there have been scoring errors; teams have been awarded points for things they didn't do, or have maxed out when they didn't have all groups doing required elements. This is just one more example of how erroneous the judging can actually be. As much as judges make each competition (and that is highway robbery if you know the amount!!!!!!!!), there simply MUST be some accountability on their part so that this does not continue to happen at invitationals and especially not at state.

Offline cheerjudge

• cheerjudge is new.
« Reply #69 on: November 17, 2014, 05:08:13 PM »

Offline sj0629

• sj0629 is new.
« Reply #70 on: November 17, 2014, 05:42:36 PM »
I agree with you completely...  I was there and saw 1st hand the reaction to the results.   You could have heard a pin drop when they announced 2nd place PC Bears.  When they announced 1st place, the only cheers came from the winners side.  What does that tell you?  To me, Calhoun did not beat PC Bears, judge #1 did!
Shame on you judge #1!

Offline cheerchamp1

• cheerchamp1 is new.
« Reply #71 on: November 17, 2014, 06:00:40 PM »
I have never heard of an aerial being considered advanced tumbling. Where did you get that information? It is nowhere on the rubric. An aerial is considered an entry into tumbling that must end in a tuck or higher.

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
« Reply #72 on: November 17, 2014, 06:21:55 PM »
AN ARIEL IS NOT ADVANCED TUMBLING

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
Update to my most recent post
« Reply #73 on: November 17, 2014, 06:44:08 PM »
I had to go back and look because I myself was wrong and in all fairness I need to adjust.  It still doesn't change my personal decision but does make things a little closer. Sorry.

Couple of things to note on Calhouns Routine based off of video.  They do not max on Standing Tumbling. 5 at bestThey do not max on running tumbling. 5 at bestThis would bring them down a total of 6 points making the highest score achievable a 294 (3 98's being perfect).They had a very bad bobble on a stunt in the back right which threw the sequence off.  Their jumps (based off of video had some timing issues). 

So thinking of this - a 294 would have been a 100% error free perfect routine.  Anybody watching the video would agree their routine was not perfection.  So I would have probably given them at best 3 7's on the jumps.  That would be 3 more points down to 291.  I think their stunts were at best 8's considering the full downs were off, bad pull and body positions, as well as feet very apart on fake ups.  This would be 6 more points to where they would be at a 285 (for me).  Standing tumbling the entire front left was off from the right and back (caught this the first time).  I would probably give 7's to be fair here.  That would be down to a 282.  I would have give execution on running tumbling a mix of 7's and maybe 8's.  So lets say 2 7's and an 8.  That would be down to a 280.  Pyramid I would have given them 9's across the board so that would have been dead on a 279.Cheer was AMAZING.  Baskets were very timed.  Pyramid and dance were good. 

Going back against my original post because my math was incorrect.  It would not have dropped them down to a 282.  Don't line up the firing squad on me here.  Simple mistake but I am noting I was off.

I would really like to see Pierce's now.

Overall score from Cheerknowledge was a 279 for Calhoun (what the judges got).

Sorry for the earlier stir up.  Mathematically, their score is achievable. :-X

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
« Reply #74 on: November 17, 2014, 06:55:47 PM »
Nothing can be done and no placements will be reversed. Decisions are final.  The only thing I have ever heard them do is offer an apology to the schools.

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines