April 29, 2024, 07:44:13 AM

Ga Cheerleading Vent

Poll

Based on the routines, do you feel the correct team won?

Yes
5 (20%)
No
20 (80%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Voting closed: November 20, 2014, 04:38:36 PM

Author Topic: Saturday - STATE CHAMPIONSHIP - AAA  (Read 66527 times)

Offline cheerchamp1

• Reputation Power: 0
  • cheerchamp1 is new.
Re: Saturday - STATE CHAMPIONSHIP - AAA
« Reply #75 on: November 17, 2014, 07:12:30 PM »
I think it is safe to say that everyone vented and got things off their chest. Now it is time to move on to next year and start fresh and new! I think next year can't get here soon enough for some teams in all divisions. I would still like to see the video of Pierce. I noticed that the link was Facebook so maybe they could upload it to YouTube and then put on here.

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
« Reply #76 on: November 17, 2014, 07:14:57 PM »
Would agree....I would think some other teams are biting at the bit to get started.  Wonder who those teams are :)
-This post is purely the opinion of Cheerknowledge and that of no one else and is not by any means influenced by any one person, team, or location.

Offline Cheerymom

• Cheerymom is new.
« Reply #77 on: November 17, 2014, 07:24:32 PM »
http://youtu.be/UnmqB_Zqd1Y
Getting this was an act of congress!!! Here Ya go!

Offline cheerbear

• cheerbear is new.
« Reply #78 on: November 17, 2014, 07:25:26 PM »
Pierce routine is now on youtube! Check it out!

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
« Reply #79 on: November 17, 2014, 07:30:57 PM »
Yay Yay Yay Cheerymom with the clutch find!!  Will post my thoughts here soon!
-This post is purely the opinion of Cheerknowledge and that of no one else and is not by any means influenced by any one person, team, or location.

Offline CheerNazi

• CheerNazi is new.
« Reply #80 on: November 17, 2014, 07:32:14 PM »
Trying to load a better quality video, website not working here correctly. Reverting to youtube where I will then share the link...

dawclean

« Reply #81 on: November 17, 2014, 07:48:59 PM »
Does anyone know if their has ever been any discussion regarding bringing in neutral judges for state championships? Maybe from out of state? This would definitely alleviate the potential bias from any judge from south, middle, northern Georgia? I have heard there are 3 judges all from Ware County who quite often judge competitions around southern Georgia. Even one's in Ware County. A little disturbing I would think. These don't even compare with state but,my point being neutral judges out of state would DEFINITELY carry less potential for bias. Just a thought.

Offline cheerbear

• cheerbear is new.
« Reply #82 on: November 17, 2014, 07:56:00 PM »
I believe every State Championship SHOULD be judged by judges in other states. It would definitely work better.

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
« Reply #83 on: November 17, 2014, 08:24:40 PM »
It won't happen due to the rights GHSA has over their own sports.  It takes an act of congress to compete outside the state much less have other people come in and judge just doesn't look right on paper to GHSA.  They entrust the person in charge of cheerleading to train and have competent judges.  That is part of their duty.  Many of the states that surround us go to state level competitions that are hosted by cheerleading companies.  Not invitationals, then region, then state.  Many will compete at a "UCA or NCA" regional tournament then compete at a State "UCA or NCA" event.  From there, it is nationals.  Alabama, Florida, and Tennessee all do this.  Other companies also have state events. 

I just don't see it happening with outside judges.  It would mean the system is broke.  Everything relies on the backbone of the officials and the governing body of the sport.

Offline Cheerymom

• Cheerymom is new.
« Reply #84 on: November 17, 2014, 08:30:23 PM »
It's been an hour Cheerknowledge...lets have it.  ;)

Offline cheerbear

• cheerbear is new.
« Reply #85 on: November 17, 2014, 08:34:48 PM »
I'm dying to know! Everyone else too!

dawclean

« Reply #86 on: November 17, 2014, 08:38:07 PM »
I see your point. According to many on this board, there seems to be problems with the system. It may not be broke, but it is sputtering. I am sure the GHSA would disagree for sure. Again, just seems a little problematic. I do have a problem with judges partaking in competitions in their home towns, or former home towns. To specify, I think one of the Southern Georgia  judges actually was a Ware County cheer coach at one time. Did I say problematic? For Sure! Definitely hear the sputters.

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
« Reply #87 on: November 17, 2014, 08:44:29 PM »
Here are my thoughts on Peirces routine:

First of all Pierce Max's all parts of the scoresheet.  This would start them off at the perfect 300 before even beginning their scoresheet.

Standing I would probably have given them a couple of 7's and 8's.  Mainly due to the formation.  It looks weird on my eyes and it's hard to see the true synch.  So that would leave us lets say around a 298.  Standing tucks were very nice but it doesn't hurt you or help you because you have already done a required element.  Standing tucks were much nicer and cleaner IMO but I have to judge all standing tumbling.

Their stunts were fairly good.  The far left stunt had some issues and then their was a timing problem on the far right stunt on a body position release and the right hand basket was executed a little off to me.  Nice going though on the ball kick full.  I would have personally given this an 8 at best with maybe a 7 seen from a judge or two.  So let's say 8's and that brings us down to a 292. 

I have no problems with their running.  I could see how maybe one judge would give a 7 because the layouts make it seem like a blur and because they ripple it makes it tough to guess the execution.  So lets say overall 1 point here.  one 7 and 2 8's.  That would give us a 291.

Jumps-I personally wasn't a huge fan here.  Don't kill me please!  The double nine is a very tough jump but that makes it harder to execute, followed by a pike is tough as well, then ending with a toe touch.  I would have like to seen that sequence stop a little sharper after the toe touch rather than almost land and immediately move.  I would have most likely given a 6 personally but could have seen where their might have been some 7's.  But for the sake of it being state.  Let's go with 2 7's and a 6.  That brings us to a 288.  (with maybe 2 more points less)

Cheer was good. I have no problem here.  5's most likely across the board but since the jump was in there as well and I wasn't a huge fan of the jumps, I might have been inclined to see a 4 somewhere.  So let's say at least a point.  that would bring us down to a 287 (at lowest a 285).

Pyramid satisfied the requirements.  Two small little bobbles but not anywhere close enough to bring me down lower than a 9.  So 3 points at best off the total score.  284 is what is left going into the dance.  (at lowest a 282). 

Dance was solid.  No issues for me.  Energetic and fun.  8's across the board. 

I didn't see any issues with showmanship, creativity, or formations and transitions.  So I assume these are 3's across the board.

I end with having Pierce at a 284 (at lowest a 282 maybe a 281 adding in another 6 for jumps instead of 2 7's).

This would be in comparison to Calhouns 279.

However, this is just my opinion.  You can see where it is very close but in true DOD fashion, Pierce had the upper advantage.  Both were fairly close IMO on execution honestly but the points are made up on DOD.  I know this doesn't put the issue to rest and probably makes more people say "SEE, I TOLD YOU SO!!!"  But just thought I would offer my insight.

Offline cheerbear

• cheerbear is new.
« Reply #88 on: November 17, 2014, 09:36:18 PM »
Thanks you for your opinion! Much appreciated!

Offline Cheerknowledge

• Global Moderator
  • Cheerknowledge is new.
  • KNOWLEDGE is POWER
« Reply #89 on: November 17, 2014, 09:51:06 PM »
Thanks you for your opinion! Much appreciated!

No problem!

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines